The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

well they did start it in all honestly

Wildweasel74

Connolly hit with a closed fist deliberately and on purpose to a man on the ground, O`Connor was get pulled round by the dub fullback and got hit by the back of an open hand accidentally

screenexile

Quote from: Whishtup on August 30, 2015, 10:16:54 PM
Black card unearthing the cynicism of the top teams(surprise, surprise).  Thought it was just brought in for Tyrone?

Ah sure Tyrone started this shite the rest of the teams are following their lead!!

straightred

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 30, 2015, 10:20:00 PM
Connolly hit with a closed fist deliberately and on purpose to a man on the ground, O`Connor was get pulled round by the dub fullback and got hit by the back of an open hand accidentally

you got all that from the 3 second replay we just saw  :) 11 stitches from the back of an open hand.Has he sharp knuckles

Canalman

My reading of it is that both COC and Diarmuid will play next Saturday. Compromise decision.

Philly Mc I am not so sure about.

Throw ball

Have sympathy with Connolly. A man can only get pushed so far. Think O'Connor on O'Carroll is a 50:50. Cooper was lucky not to get red. McMahon did more things wrong in that match than Tiernan McCann did against Monaghan but is unlikely to get as much stick.

screenexile

Quote from: Throw ball on August 30, 2015, 10:28:03 PM
Have sympathy with Connolly. A man can only get pushed so far. Think O'Connor on O'Carroll is a 50:50. Cooper was lucky not to get red. McMahon did more things wrong in that match than Tiernan McCann did against Monaghan but is unlikely to get as much stick.
Sympathy me arse!! He's an intercounty footballer and he shouldn't be getting involved in incidents like that!

He would need to grow up sometime these incidents are stopping him from being one of the greats. I would let him away with all his indiscretions before now but he's 27 and been involved in a lot of successful teams he should know at this stage he's under the spotlight and should behave accordingly. Very very naive!!

Syferus

Connolly was a wild horse. He gave a clip to the face of Parsons when Parsons was on the ground earlier and got away with it. Getting sent off was no surprise, it was coming all day. He was jumping about the place and trying to front up to anyone and everyone. Really thought he'd matured past the stuff he was at today.

yellowcard

Decent panel on the programme tonight and it was fairly balanced. However McStay claiming that McMahon tripped Boyle for the Mayo penalty was clearly nonsense that shouldn't have gone unchallenged. Also how can Whelan presume that Connolly has a chance of getting the red card rescinded. For me it is black and white. It was a clear punch/striking action to a man on the ground that got what he deserved.

Whishtup

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 09:59:39 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 30, 2015, 09:38:28 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 09:27:46 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 30, 2015, 09:23:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 09:20:08 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 30, 2015, 09:13:27 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 08:11:24 PM
The Cooper incident in particular needs highlighting as it was a filthy act that could have caused serious injury to an opponent. Far worse than anything McCann done and as blatant a red card as you are likely to see.

They also need to highlight the fact that Cillian OConnor was fundamental in getting Connolly sent off, by roaring at the linesman constantly

Do I have this right, you want TSG to highlight examples of players shouting at officials?

:D :D :D :D

110 percent, watch the game and watch how keegan pulled Connolly down, OConnor was straight to the lines man mouthing

Yes that is exactly what O'Connor did. He showed the linesman that Connolly was punching Keegan. You seem to think this is wrong somehow?

What was Keegan tickling connollys balls ?

Now if they highlight mcmahons attempted butt to OShea surely they will highlight OConnors move on Rory OCarroll that resulted in him being removed from the park

We have seen the headbutt. It is all over twitter.

I haven't seen what O'Connor did yet. So far it is an Aidan O'Shea 'gouge' and a Cillian O'Connor elbow. You call it a 'move'. What was it?
Lads,
let's not get carried away.  McMahon waved his brow at O'Shea-no further action.  COC swung both arms back when being dragged back and freakishly split yer man-no further action.  Cooper 'rake' was the worst of the game.

Wildweasel74

McMahon knee come across Boyle as he spun round, 50 50 penalty at best but there was no need for it was there were already 2/3 dubs round Boyle, poor tackling to be honest but it wasn't a trip

Armamike

Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 10:52:16 PM
Decent panel on the programme tonight and it was fairly balanced. However McStay claiming that McMahon tripped Boyle for the Mayo penalty was clearly nonsense that shouldn't have gone unchallenged. Also how can Whelan presume that Connolly has a chance of getting the red card rescinded. For me it is black and white. It was a clear punch/striking action to a man on the ground that got what he deserved.

Clear penalty.  McMahon stuck the leg out and the player went over it. No question imo.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Rossfan

Quote from: Armamike on August 30, 2015, 10:59:38 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 10:52:16 PM

Clear penalty.  McMahon stuck the leg out and the player went over it. No question imo.

Agreed.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

100% a penalty.
McMahon didn't trip him, he just led with his leg and the lad went over his thigh.
He couldn't resist throwing a couple of digs after for good measure.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Teo Lurley

How did O'Connor get man of the match? He's a good free taker but did barely anything in open play.