The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Jinxy on August 30, 2015, 06:42:54 PM
I only un-mute the volume when I see Colm's lips moving.
By the way, this thing Brolly does where he physically reaches his arm across somebody while they're trying to speak is sheer pig-ignorance.

It's a technique you learn on body language course. Does my nut in. Hugely patronising - reads shut to f**k up you're wrong and i want to speak with a correct opinion.

thewobbler

Spillane did make a very good point at half time, that both teams looked like they'd spent the past two weeks overanalysing each other with video etc, rather than worry about their own games.

Wildweasel74

I actually though Dessie Dolan was quite good, accent aside, knows the game as you expect from a former great forward, Easier to listen to than McStay or Carr

yellowcard

The Cooper incident in particular needs highlighting as it was a filthy act that could have caused serious injury to an opponent. Far worse than anything McCann done and as blatant a red card as you are likely to see.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 08:11:24 PM
The Cooper incident in particular needs highlighting as it was a filthy act that could have caused serious injury to an opponent. Far worse than anything McCann done and as blatant a red card as you are likely to see.

They also need to highlight the fact that Cillian OConnor was fundamental in getting Connolly sent off, by roaring at the linesman constantly

laoislad

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 30, 2015, 09:13:27 PM

They also need to highlight the fact that Cillian OConnor was fundamental in getting Connolly sent off, by roaring at the linesman constantly
Connolly had to have been provoked by someone as he would never do something unprovoked.
Oh wait.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Do I have this right, you want TSG to highlight examples of players shouting at officials?

:D :D :D :D

MWWSI 2017

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 09:20:08 PM

Do I have this right, you want TSG to highlight examples of players shouting at officials?

110 percent, watch the game and watch how keegan pulled Connolly down, OConnor was straight to the lines man mouthing

muppet

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 30, 2015, 09:23:41 PM

110 percent, watch the game and watch how keegan pulled Connolly down, OConnor was straight to the lines man mouthing

Yes that is exactly what O'Connor did. He showed the linesman that Connolly was punching Keegan. You seem to think this is wrong somehow?

MWWSI 2017

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 09:27:46 PM

Yes that is exactly what O'Connor did. He showed the linesman that Connolly was punching Keegan. You seem to think this is wrong somehow?

What was Keegan tickling connollys balls ?

Now if they highlight mcmahons attempted butt to OShea surely they will highlight OConnors move on Rory OCarroll that resulted in him being removed from the park

muppet

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 30, 2015, 09:38:28 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 09:27:46 PM

What was Keegan tickling connollys balls ?

Now if they highlight mcmahons attempted butt to OShea surely they will highlight OConnors move on Rory OCarroll that resulted in him being removed from the park

We have seen the headbutt. It is all over twitter.

I haven't seen what O'Connor did yet. So far it is an Aidan O'Shea 'gouge' and a Cillian O'Connor elbow. You call it a 'move'. What was it?
MWWSI 2017

Wildweasel74

Again Connolly put his arms round keegan and both went to ground, maybe if he just swung the shoulder and moved on he wouldn't be missing the replay

Wildweasel74

see in O`Connor instance again, not even a yellow, nothing more than a tussle of the ball started by the Dublin man.

Whishtup

Black card unearthing the cynicism of the top teams(surprise, surprise).  Thought it was just brought in for Tyrone?

straightred

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 30, 2015, 10:16:12 PM
see in O`Connor instance again, not even a yellow, nothing more than a tussle of the ball started by the Dublin man.

its exactly the same as connolly. retaliation but it wasn't dealt with on the pitch so it could be dealt with during the week.