The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

I didn't see the game, only the Sunday game highlights. Now it seems universally except Marty Duffy was poor (when isn't he?) but to say we shouldn't focus on the players but rather the officials then that's nonsense. The first thing, the very first thing, that must happen is players and officials must start to behave with integrity when they play a game. 

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on August 14, 2015, 10:08:20 AM
Tyrone GAA and the Orange Order are always right about everything all the time and everyone else is wrong about everything all the time.

oh the irony

5 Sams

I wish Gerlock would button that top button...looks cat >:(
The Aristocrat Years

BennyHarp

I wonder if the Sunday Game analysts will go mental on the Galway full back for that cynical pull down of Callanan there for that Tipp penalty.
That was never a square ball!!

trileacman

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2015, 05:25:46 PM
I wonder if the Sunday Game analysts will go mental on the Galway full back for that cynical pull down of Callanan there for that Tipp penalty.
Arguably cost Tipp the game.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

From the Bunker

A hurling analyst point of view.....

redcard

Quote from: trileacman on August 16, 2015, 05:39:08 PM

No mention of it. That game had everything including cynicism at the end there. No doubt the Tipp hurlers will get on with it.

BennyHarp

It probably did. Had that been in football the pitch forks would be out and we'd be gathering a crowd for a lynching already! I wonder has Joe Brolly forgotten about that full back as a man yet?

redcard

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2015, 05:53:38 PM

It probably did. Had that been Tyrone the pitch forks would be out and we'd be gathering a crowd for a lynching already! I wonder has Joe Brolly forgotten about that full back as a man yet?

Fixed that for you there

didlyi

The only people focusing on the negatives after this epic game are people who cant help themselves. When a game has so many positive talking points then why make a few incidents the talking point. I promise you wont hear a complaint from one tipp supporter about the result or nature of the result. Go back  to playing your negative football, blanket defences, diving, feigining injury, sledging.

redcard

Quote from: didlyi on August 16, 2015, 05:58:17 PM
The only people focusing on the negatives after this epic game are people who cant help themselves. When a game has so many positive talking points then why make a few incidents the talking point. I promise you wont hear a complaint from one tipp supporter about the result or nature of the result. Go back  to playing your negative football, blanket defences, diving, feigining injury, sledging.

Ouch must have touched a nerve......

Hardy

Does every thread have to be a Tyrone whinge?

haze

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2015, 05:53:38 PM

It probably did. Had that been in football the pitch forks would be out and we'd be gathering a crowd for a lynching already! I wonder has Joe Brolly forgotten about that full back as a man yet?
In that moment the full back kept galway alive. Id expect it to be mentioned tonight. Too big a play not to be discussed. Regardless what a game, loved every minute. Such a stark contrast to monaghan Tyrone last week.

Syferus

Quote from: Hardy on August 16, 2015, 06:02:14 PM
Does every thread have to be a Tyrone whinge?

You beat me to it. Cop on lads.

BennyHarp

Quote from: didlyi on August 16, 2015, 05:58:17 PM

It was a pivotal moment in the game, surely it deserves a mention. This isn't a Tyrone whinge, it's a Sunday Game whinge!