The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talks a good game

As many people only believe what journalists or pundits tell them.

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2015/08/12/news/fair-play-for-all---it-s-not-just-foul-play-from-tyrone-223741/

Fair comment I would say, I think this comment sums Colm O'Rourke up perfectly  " anyone who can describe a knee to the hinch swiftly followed by a punch to the side of the head as "minor contact" cannot be taken seriously and should really be ignored"

SkillfulBill

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 11, 2015, 10:22:05 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 11, 2015, 10:15:15 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 11, 2015, 01:48:12 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 10, 2015, 09:20:11 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2015, 09:01:28 PM

Ciaran Whelan mugged off, mugged off good and proper.

TBF Cavanagh had floored him fairly and squarely 6months earlier after he started acting the big man. He wasn't gonna chance that again

Funny that Cavanagh apologised to him afterwards in the Croke Park players lounge for catching him high and late and Whelan had a black eye/bruising - I know one or two of you people are GAA members and can verify that with Cavanagh
What game is Whelo supposed to have dived in and how is it related to whether Cavanagh fouled him and apologised for it 6 months earlier?

He dived in the 125 match in Croke Park in 2009 after being tackled by Sean and got a black card (original) from Marty Duffy for his troubles

I suggestted he was worried about getting dumped on his arse again like he was after a collision with big Sean in the 08 championship match.

Dont know anything about this apology

It gets better so the 2 Sunday game clowns so outraged one is a convicted Diver and the other a known thug

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Talks a good game on August 12, 2015, 06:15:06 PM

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2015/08/12/news/fair-play-for-all---it-s-not-just-foul-play-from-tyrone-223741/

Fair comment I would say, I think this comment sums Colm O'Rourke up perfectly  " anyone who can describe a knee to the hinch swiftly followed by a punch to the side of the head as "minor contact" cannot be taken seriously and should really be ignored"

That's an excellently written article.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on August 12, 2015, 07:37:10 PM
What's a 'hinch'?

It sounds like something Ricey would know how to use.

muppet

What's a 'hinch'?

'Tis whin yir sixth since tills ye sumthin.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Thought it sounded like Ulster-Scots.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 12, 2015, 07:58:21 PM
Thought it sounded like Ulster-Scots.

Tis Ulster after a bottle of scotch.
MWWSI 2017

thebuzz

Quote from: muppet on August 12, 2015, 07:47:05 PM
What's a 'hinch'?

Just in case you really don't know.

Hinch bone: Iliac crest. The bone that encircles the lower abdomen and forms part of the pelvis.

Disillusioned

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 12, 2015, 06:23:31 PM

Written by Kenny Archer, a Tyrone man and apologist for his native county as required.  Not much different from his Derry colleague.  This was written to provide editorial balance given the critical article by the great Derry man.
The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

Talks a good game

Quote from: Disillusioned on August 12, 2015, 10:15:23 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 12, 2015, 06:23:31 PM

Written by Kenny Archer, a Tyrone man and apologist for his native county as required.  Not much different from his Derry colleague.  This was written to provide editorial balance given the critical article by the great Derry man.

He is from Tyrone granted, but what specific points do you disagree with?

muppet

Quote from: thebuzz on August 12, 2015, 09:33:30 PM
What's a 'hinch'?

Hinch bone: Iliac crest. The bone that encircles the lower abdomen and forms part of the pelvis.

I didn't know that. Thank you!
MWWSI 2017

lenny

Quote from: muppet on August 12, 2015, 10:54:13 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on August 12, 2015, 09:33:30 PM
What's a 'hinch'?

I didn't know that. Thank you!

Now that the dust has settled I just wanted to say that I thought Whelan and O'Rourke were very fair and measured in their analysis last sunday. The reaction of tyrone fans has been hysterical and they seem to think there is some vendetta against them. The shameful thing is that mccann has been now made out to be a victim by tyrone people and this will only do long term damage to the game. Young people watching on will see how mccann behaved and see how everyone in tyrone has got behind him and supported his behaviour. What will this lead to? In my opinion you will inevitably see lots of young tyrone players even at underage level diving to get players sent off  and they will be expecting the same sympathy from their clubmates. Mccanns ban probably won't stick but its a crying shame because he didnt show any remorse after and was going about smirking.

Applesisapples

216 posts later and I can sum it up as follows: A lot of pious bullshit from counties outside Tyrone who's players past and present have and will do the same sort of stuff to gain advantage. Only way to stop it is through the refs and technology.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: lenny on August 13, 2015, 07:42:12 AMNow that the dust has settled I just wanted to say that I thought Whelan and O'Rourke were very fair and measured in their analysis last sunday. The reaction of tyrone fans has been hysterical and they seem to think there is some vendetta against them. The shameful thing is that mccann has been now made out to be a victim by tyrone people and this will only do long term damage to the game. Young people watching on will see how mccann behaved and see how everyone in tyrone has got behind him and supported his behaviour. What will this lead to? In my opinion you will inevitably see lots of young tyrone players even at underage level diving to get players sent off  and they will be expecting the same sympathy from their clubmates. Mccanns ban probably won't stick but its a crying shame because he didnt show any remorse after and was going about smirking.