The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 11:33:54 AM
As I said, I suspect part of the rap Tyrone are getting is related to the allegations of yapping. It puts people off. I know I hate it, and I suspect others do too.

As for Armagh and Cavan, I can't really remember who came out worst in that. I thought the suspensions were similar on both sides, and I know the lad that broke his hand was pointed out as being in the wrong.

Armagh were completely vilified for it last year. And we are not the only ones that yap, far from it.

There is an evident media witch hunt against Tyrone, as I said I wouldn't mind if the condemnation for the incidents Tyrone are vilified were across the board, they're far from it though.

Armamike

No doubt all of the stuff in the media will help Tyrone team spirit ahead of the Kerry game.  They'll take every inch they can.

The thing about diving and mouthing that annoys people is that it rarely ever gets punished.  Punch someone, make a late tackle, drag them etc, and invariably you'll be punished.  If refs started to punish the divers and the slabbers we'd see less of a backlash.
That's just, like your opinion man.

AZOffaly

Ye are not the only ones that yap, but I think ye've taken it too far. The whole yapping and roaring at lads who've missed a shot, or trying to get them to hit you by insulting their families etc, is just pathetic in my view, and while Tyrone are not the only ones who do it, it does seem to be more prevalent in some of the Tyrone players at various levels. And as I said, there's no need for it.

If the media was just focusing on that element, then I'd sort of say they have a point. But to highlight diving, cynical play and the like for Tyrone, and not pass any remarks on other teams who do it is definitely unfair.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 11:45:46 AM
Ye are not the only ones that yap, but I think ye've taken it too far. The whole yapping and roaring at lads who've missed a shot, or trying to get them to hit you by insulting their families etc, is just pathetic in my view, and while Tyrone are not the only ones who do it, it does seem to be more prevalent in some of the Tyrone players at various levels. And as I said, there's no need for it.

If the media was just focusing on that element, then I'd sort of say they have a point. But to highlight diving, cynical play and the like for Tyrone, and not pass any remarks on other teams who do it is definitely unfair.

And therein lies my contention and that of most Tyrone fans when it comes to RTE and the Southern media.

paddyoslabs

jasus bomber your some shite talker.I was at the u21 final,and never in all my life have we come across such outright thugs as was your u21 team,spitting at players might be the norm in tyrone,but by jasus its the act of a gougher in munster.going on face book to get the names of girlfriends and mothers of tipp players might be the norm in tyrone but in Munster its the act of goughers.Imagine going to those extremes to get the edge,We play and lose to Cork and Kerry a lot,and never have they felt the need for this kind of carry on.I was in Donegal recently and spoke to people up there about your minor team,well lets just say they don't think much of ye either,That poor chap after losing his dad,and the abuse he got from your minors was ,well if we ever carried on like that ,I would never again support Tipp,Whoever is promoting this crab needs to be found and removed from the tyrone set up.I have left croker after losing to the great Kilkenny team,but have always walked out with them having the craic,Never have I felt as angry as  Tipp supporter as that night in Parnell park,And yes Stephen O Brien was wrong,but maybe the spitting and verbals got to him,I met two lads from tyrone after the gamein thurles recently,they joined our company and we had a great few hours with them,one of them was not aware what went on in parnell park,his pal told him,and he just said that's not any way to win an all-Ireland,why would we want it.................says a lot really......

AZOffaly

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 11, 2015, 11:50:16 AM

And therein lies my contention and that of most Tyrone fans when it comes to RTE and the Southern media.

I know. I said I'm on yer side here. But ye could help yourselves by dialing back the other stuff.

deiseach

I can't see anything for all the sock puppets.

AZOffaly

deiseach

heffo

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 10, 2015, 09:20:11 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2015, 09:01:28 PM

Ciaran Whelan mugged off, mugged off good and proper.

TBF Cavanagh had floored him fairly and squarely 6months earlier after he started acting the big man. He wasn't gonna chance that again

Funny that Cavanagh apologised to him afterwards in the Croke Park players lounge for catching him high and late and Whelan had a black eye/bruising - I know one or two of you people are GAA members and can verify that with Cavanagh

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on August 11, 2015, 12:08:19 PM
I can't see anything for all the sock puppets.

And the critical tinkers.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 11:51:59 AM

I know. I said I'm on yer side here. But ye could help yourselves by dialing back the other stuff.

AZ, c'mon man - he's obviously a troll who is milking the wake of this mess (of Tyrone's own making) to stir the pot for his own enjoyment. The sad part is his ramblings about 'south v Ulster' is actually believed by some genuine posters here.

StGallsGAA

Feck me.  We are scraping the barrel now....whether or not Sean Cavanagh apologised to Whelan for a high tackle in a game played 10 years ago! 

heffo

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 11, 2015, 03:22:25 PM
Feck me.  We are scraping the barrel now....whether or not Sean Cavanagh apologised to Whelan for a high tackle in a game played 10 years ago!

Same tactic as normal - all deny there is an issue with the county and try and cite as many isolated other examples in other games.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2015, 03:21:23 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 11:51:59 AM

AZ, c'mon man - he's obviously a troll who is milking the wake of this mess (of Tyrone's own making) to stir the pot for his own enjoyment. The sad part is his ramblings about 'south v Ulster' is actually believed by some genuine posters here.

I dunno. Maybe he is. But he's not the only one who thinks Tyrone get an unduly hard time in the media.