The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac2

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2015, 12:54:09 PM
I think if Plato came back to life and started doing a bit of punditry half the people here would be complaining.

What's the perfect GAA Board pundit? Someone who doesn't offend the sensitive Ulster souls, doesn't mention Dublin's money mountain or Kerry's soft province?

Des Cahill it is so lads.
If it was Pythagoras himself he'd hardly have used as many triangles as Cake.

highorlow

Ya the lads are now trying to be like the soccer lads and are hatching parts of the pitch and drawing triangles just for the sake of it.

They should just give John Morrison and Cake their own show.

In fairness to him on the blanket the only way to beat it is to widen the park alright. To do that coachs need to coach long wide kick passes (that is cakes message and i would agree with him), its all very well as long as you have a weapons like McManus and Vinny Corry in your team though, lads that can give a foot pass and receive it. That's why Kevin Mac and Cillian are so vital to us.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ck

People seem very harsh on poor oul cake lads. This was the first time I ever heard the man and whilst some of his points made me squint my eyes in confusion I generally liked his fearless straight talking.

westbound

Did plato or Pythagoras play much football in their day lads?  :D

AZOffaly

No but Socrates has a Sigerson medal. **

** I know he doesn't

Main Street

What did Curran' Cake call the certain type of football being played up there,  'the confused cult syndrome' ??

AZOffaly

I don't think it was cult :)

Bingo

Maybe cake was onto something  - cults and triangles and all that....

theticklemister

His proposal about London can be shoved up his hole

Syferus

Quote from: theticklemister on May 25, 2015, 03:39:15 PM

I wouldn't be in favour of it myself but ye aren't the ones spending a small fortune sending a team out to London and New York so it's very easy to sit back and throw stones when you're not footing the bill. It is an open question like it or not.

Rossfan

The London game is a social day out/drinking festival with a match thrown in as an excuse.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

God, ye Ros lads are very hard on the cockneens.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

johnneycool

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2015, 03:43:12 PM

I wouldn't be in favour of it myself but ye aren't the ones spending a small fortune sending a team out to London and New York so it's very easy to sit back and throw stones when you're not footing the bill. It is an open question like it or not.

Neither are you. Croke park subsidize those trips to a 'reasonable' cost.

Syferus

Quote from: johnneycool on May 25, 2015, 04:02:40 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2015, 03:43:12 PM

Neither are you. Croke park subsidize those trips to a 'reasonable' cost.

Yeah, trust me on this - that doesn't cover it.

theticklemister

Quote from: Jinxy on May 25, 2015, 03:49:01 PM
God, ye Ros lads are very hard on the cockneens.

Well according to the referendum there, they are not really