The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Does anyone know when it's available worldwide on rte player?

BennyHarp

Yes there was an AI final to talk about..........  But what was Des' word of the week?
That was never a square ball!!

men in black

Can we add a poll or start a new trend on who we want to be the new analysts/presenters  of TSG.
Time for a change.

BennyCake

Podge and Rodge need to go. Aka Brolly and Spillane. Ger Canning too. His commentating is brutal.

macdanger2

Quote from: BennyCake on September 24, 2014, 10:42:12 PM
Podge and Rodge need to go. Aka Brolly and Spillane. Ger Canning too. His commentating is brutal.

Agreed. Marty as well please

blewuporstuffed

+1
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Dire Ear

Agreed.              Muppets

rosnarun

I think the real point that is being missed here is that Jim Mcguinness is the Anti Christ.

I would agree with Spillane that kerry dont play a system as they were reacting to the anti-football System of donegal but are capable and willing to play it several different Ways un like donegal who know only one way that is spoil the Sport and hope the other team loses the will to live.
would have been a 'strange kinda Glory' had they pulled it off
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dire Ear

EDIT . .  Muppets were educational , and funny ------- :)

seafoid

Spillane and Canning are symptomatic of a big problem with TV and why young people are watching videos online instead. They appeal to a certain part of the audience (older/not educated) and have a very low info content for most of the rest of the watching public.
You get way more info online. The one size fits all model is busted, I think.  The LLS has the same problem.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

WT4E

Quote from: men in black on September 24, 2014, 09:53:49 PM
Can we add a poll or start a new trend on who we want to be the new analysts/presenters  of TSG.
Time for a change.

Can we just have a brainstormer on the creation of a new national broadcaster so Tyrone can get back to talking to Ireland about football after matches!

Note: Mickey Harte will probably want to make the broadcasting rules but we will cross that bridge when we come to it!

WT4E

Quote from: seafoid on September 25, 2014, 01:24:50 PM

Spillane and Canning are symptomatic of a big problem with TV and why young people are watching videos online instead. They appeal to a certain part of the audience (older/not educated) and have a very low info content for most of the rest of the watching public.
You get way more info online. The one size fits all model is busted, I think.  The LLS has the same problem.

Its certainly and age thing but I don't believe its an education thing - I know plenty of educated people who watch and its exactly what they want (they're almost always in the older category). I think your comment above makes you look like you think your smarter than everyone else because you think about the sunday game in a different way! That kind of thing annoys me more than Pat!

imtommygunn

The problem with any of these guys is that you have no choice. As per the rest of people here I can watch the championship on RTE and that's it(sky has changed that slightly). Generally speaking people can vote with their feet and not watch it or watch an alternate channel but none of us have that luxury. If that were to happen RTE would have to look at things.

These guys are probably close to untouchable because they have a massive audience but for example how many people turn over at half time because they don't want to listen to them? I would imagine quite a few but they will just use raw viewer stats.

There is no reason for Spillane to be there. None. I don't like Brolly however I can see the merit in him being there. Brolly can make articulate and intelligible points when not courting controversy. Spillane can not.

There is no pressure due to viewing figures though.

Asal Mor

Brolly is no fool though and he's funny. Spillane, Canning, Martin Carney, Tommy Carr and Tony Davis should all be thrown into a soundproof box.

rosnarun

Brolly funny ???
conal gallen must have you in stiches
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere