Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: sans pessimism on September 01, 2014, 08:05:13 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 31, 2014, 11:20:17 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 31, 2014, 11:15:54 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 31, 2014, 11:12:17 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 31, 2014, 11:05:09 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2014, 10:56:38 PM
K-Mac pretty much saying "call me, bro" to the Mayo CB.

You can put that in BOLD!

Would be reasonably happy with McStay as manager, backroom team would be critical though

I don't know! Himself and McHale 13 years ago did the Mayo under 21 gig. Got to an AI final v Tyrone in 2001. He looked limited tactically. That's a while ago. He clearly is interested. How well does he know football in the county?

Who would be the other options? Anthony McGarry?? Holmes??
Anthony McGarry???.....R u being serious.BTubber won the senior c/ship DESPITE him being manager!!

Don't know anything about him tbh.

Who would you go for??

sans pessimism

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 01, 2014, 08:16:10 AM
Quote from: sans pessimism on September 01, 2014, 08:05:13 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 31, 2014, 11:20:17 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 31, 2014, 11:15:54 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 31, 2014, 11:12:17 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 31, 2014, 11:05:09 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2014, 10:56:38 PM
K-Mac pretty much saying "call me, bro" to the Mayo CB.

You can put that in BOLD!

Would be reasonably happy with McStay as manager, backroom team would be critical though

I don't know! Himself and McHale 13 years ago did the Mayo under 21 gig. Got to an AI final v Tyrone in 2001. He looked limited tactically. That's a while ago. He clearly is interested. How well does he know football in the county?

Who would be the other options? Anthony McGarry?? Holmes??
Anthony McGarry???.....R u being serious.BTubber won the senior c/ship DESPITE him being manager!!

Don't know anything about him tbh.

Who would you go for??
God Mac theres a question....-Certain that if McHale's football ethos is anything like what he writes,then he's one scratched off my list.Someone who can freshen up ideas while keeping the intensity that Mayo play with
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

stephenite

Would Tony McEntee be worth a look?

johnneycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 01, 2014, 03:16:27 AM
I thought Joe was very good yesterday and even though he tipped Dublin to squeeze through after a huge test, he foresaw a lot of what happened in the game yesterday.

Sure he's been saying all year that the only team that could beat Dublin would be Donegal, but even he was rowing back on that a bit saying that McFadden wasn't the force of a few years ago and he'd need to find his form for it to happen.

I think the save by the legs of the Donegal keeper when Dublin were something like 7 points to 3 up was critical as you really couldn't see anyone coming back against Dublin being 7 points down. Donegal then went down the field and score the next few points to keep it interesting.

Very good game to watch, a good weekend for the football even if the goings on late in Limerick were a bit silly, no harm came off it, although I'd be a bit concerned about that big lad that took half a dozen marshals to get him off the pitch didn't have a heart condition or something.

Asal Mor

2 brilliant games alright and the week before was just as good. Most years I could take or leave the football(bar jumping on the Galway bandwagon from 98-01) but I think I've seen the best 3 (football)games of my life in the last week. Off the top of my head I can't remember any better ones. Very sad for Mayo though. Hope they can do it next year.

Joe isn't everyone's cuppa but I could listen to him all day.

Keane

It's always the same when the top teams meet in football. The tiered set up is why hurling is always lionised over football in the media - greater proportion of games between the elite teams.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Keane on September 01, 2014, 03:47:27 PM
It's always the same when the top teams meet in football. The tiered set up is why hurling is always lionised over football in the media - greater proportion of games between the elite teams.

It is not always the same when the top teams meet. Dublin Donegal a few years ago was turgid stuff.  Dublin Kerry was a very good game last year. Mayo Dublin a couple of times. But a lot of 'top' teams cancel each other out in the football, which can make for a poor game.

I'm just glad we have two brilliant sports like we have.

Keane

Always bar that one game in 2011 I should have said.

Syferus

Two of the most exciting, dramatic and entertaining games I witnessed in 2013 were the two London-Leitrim games. The magic is in getting two competitive teams that genuinely believe they can win. 'Quality' is a nebulous term that is severely over-rated when it comes to watchability.

Hardy

What - no Lyster, no Nualas? What's going on here? Can it be the Sky dividend?

Ah no - just when I thought ...
- the orange clown is still here.

Hardy

Arrah jazes. They're back. What was that about?

armaghniac

And Tony Davis gets his day in the sun.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bigpaul

Did those boys just analyse the match I watched today :-\?

moysider

Jaysus.

Pat is on an annoying buzz tonight. Like a dog with 2 pricks.