The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

5 Sams

Right lads we have her sussed. We now have the single transferable post match interview using the above words...
The Aristocrat Years

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2014, 02:19:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 26, 2014, 02:00:36 PM
It was proposed way back in February that should there be a replay in this semi final then it would be at a venue to be announced. These fixtures are decided by elected representatives from the 4 provinces. it's late in the day to moan about men in suits shafting the tradition for the lure of wealth.
The alternative the other day, was to take a chance that Dublin and Donegal would not draw their game, or have 2 replays on the same day at CP.  I'd have offered that option to all semi finalists to agree upon.
I am only a casual observer of  American Football but I would 100% support the collective decision of the GAA to have this magnificent event in August (remember bailing out Kildare  and financing Dublin's coaching etc does not come cheap).
Maybe the fixture calendar can be arranged differently in future.
The last big championship game outside CP I remember was the Dublin v Kerry classic in Thurles and memories from that game still live large in most anybody who watched it on tv,  never mind those who witnessed it live or tried to amidst the gridlocked  holiday traffic chaos in bogland.

What manager or County Board will make themselves a hostage to fortune by giving out about semi-final replay arrangements in advance?

Do you not know that everyone 'takes it just one game at a time'?   ;D
Precisely Muppet, Mayo are are exhibiting the worst of  narrow mé féinisn.
Way back last spring, the mayo/connacht  representatives on the CCCC had no objection to the proposed fixture schedule, which included the glaring stand out semi final replay at a venue to be announced and as long as it was some other team it was okay, but as soon as their game ends in a replay they are moaning and groaning as if it was somebody else who decided this. The facts are,  whoever is the mayo rep, gave the rubber stamp to the provisional  fixtures list but now have not got the moral backbone to lump it and support the collective.