The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Zulu on June 15, 2014, 06:21:08 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 15, 2014, 05:49:06 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 15, 2014, 05:21:50 PM
If Tommy Carr said it was a black card then it definitely wasn't. Tom getting it wrong is like gravity, an indisputable law of physics! It was a definite pull down by Sean, despite what Tom might have said.

To be fair - Tommy Carr would not be my first choice for presenting evidence in defence of my argument but he is an experienced football man (Who I'd imagine has much more experience of the game at the top level than either you or me) and if he was 100% sure that the incident deserved a black card then you cannot say for 100% accuracy that it wasn't. Either way, it shows what a complete balls the black card is.

He probably has Benny but a French man could see what Canavagh did and he pulled the hand in and dived.

+1

Saw a bit of Canavan after the match and he as much as said the whole County took the win for granted as well as some of the team and they'd need a long hard look at themselves.

Long and short of it was Monaghan's best forward got injured before HT, they started with a half fit forward and another of their top forwards was on the bench and they should still have won comfortably. How many were Tyrone really missing today? They're a long way off!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: Zulu on June 15, 2014, 06:21:08 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 15, 2014, 05:49:06 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 15, 2014, 05:21:50 PM
If Tommy Carr said it was a black card then it definitely wasn't. Tom getting it wrong is like gravity, an indisputable law of physics! It was a definite pull down by Sean, despite what Tom might have said.

To be fair - Tommy Carr would not be my first choice for presenting evidence in defence of my argument but he is an experienced football man (Who I'd imagine has much more experience of the game at the top level than either you or me) and if he was 100% sure that the incident deserved a black card then you cannot say for 100% accuracy that it wasn't. Either way, it shows what a complete balls the black card is.

He probably has Benny but a French man could see what Canavagh did and he pulled the hand in and dived.

Maybe more of the Sky money needs to be diverted to the development of the GAA in France then!
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

Okay, somebody needs to get hold of Des Cahill and tell him that this wordplay thing he's doing is cringe inducing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

Thought Whelan was decent tonight. Seems to have a better grasp of the rules than many pundits and commentators, particularly his analysis of injury time.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on June 15, 2014, 11:57:25 PM
Okay, somebody needs to get hold of Des Cahill and tell him that this wordplay thing he's doing is cringe inducing.

What was that word he used tonight ?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on June 15, 2014, 05:03:40 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 15, 2014, 04:56:47 PM
Brolly's claim of diving is self serving and for maximum impact. He can't make a statement like that without showing evidence of what he is saying and justifying what is, a big, big accusation to make on live TV. Now we have every man jack in Ireland repeating it in parrot fashion without actually looking at the incidents. How anyone with a rational mind can claim he dived when Mone tackled him round the neck or when Hughes pulled him down is strange to me and their view must be tainted with anti Tyrone glasses. I'll admit the last free was perhaps dubious enough but the first defender had his arms round Sean's hips before Dick joined in. The free may or may not have been given but it does not warrant another personal attack by someone who knows exactly what he is doing. Cue the phone call later in the week to apologise for his manliness comment and everyone saying what a great fella Joe is for apologising.

One other point, Joe realises that "his" black card rule is a complete shambles and is now turning his attention to criticising the player in possession for diving. This the very problem many people said would happen with the black card.

Ah Benny Cavanagh clearly grabbed Hughes arm and pulled him down on top of himself, no way was it a black card and it was a definite dive.

I'm in favour of the black card, but this is the one thing that I said from the start would worry me.

Jinxy

Quote from: orangeman on June 16, 2014, 12:45:00 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 15, 2014, 11:57:25 PM

What was that word he used tonight ?

'Scrumdiddlyumptious'.
Seriously.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

johnneycool

how does Des get these words again, Twitter is it?

AZOffaly

It's kind of bizarre. Does a charity gain money out of it or anything? Basically he asks his followers on Twitter to nominate a word, and he picks the "best" one to work into that night's show. Weird stuff.

DoireGael

Seen Big Des in Dublin going up the street, great fella. Yet is it just me or is no one alarmed by the fake tan and hair dye? I could be mistaken

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 16, 2014, 10:30:09 AM
It's kind of bizarre. Does a charity gain money out of it or anything? Basically he asks his followers on Twitter to nominate a word, and he picks the "best" one to work into that night's show. Weird stuff.

I'm not on twitter, but I might register and send him a few choice ones as its an embarrassment at this stage. You'd think the shows producer would have a word in his shell like.

BennyHarp

He doesnt even really work it in - last week he just said something like, "Gavin looked at his bench and thought shakalakaboomboom"!! I thought it must be for charity but if not it shows an astonishing lack of professionalism and is very David Brentish.
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 16, 2014, 10:52:28 AM

He doesnt even really work it in - last week he just said something like, "Gavin looked at his bench and thought shakalakaboomboom"!! I thought it must be for charity but if not it shows an astonishing lack of professionalism and is very David Brentish.

Not really it's exploiting the social media to get more viewers... "Oh I must check the Sunday Game tonight to see if he said my word".

It's slightly annoying but I wouldn't be getting too bent out of shape about it.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: DoireGael on June 16, 2014, 10:44:55 AM
Seen Big Des in Dublin going up the street, great fella. Yet is it just me or is no one alarmed by the fake tan and hair dye? I could be mistaken

Have you never seen Marty Morrissey? It appears to be mandatory get up.

ONeill

Ballbag. Say ballbag Marty.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.