The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inexile

It's all down to paralysis by Analysis according to the bould Pat. At least he got a chance to mention the Dubs

Zulu

Watching analysis on BBC as I can't watch those boys anymore if I have an alternative. Canavan and McConville have been decent if not overly informative today.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Zulu on June 15, 2014, 02:59:17 PM
Watching analysis on BBC as I can't watch those boys anymore if I have an alternative. Canavan and McConville have been decent if not overly informative today.

Same as Zulu . Any more when i do have to watch the match on rte i just won't watch the analysis. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

BennyHarp

Looking forward to Brolly's rant about Darren Hughes' tackle there.
That was never a square ball!!

BennyHarp

Brolly is an embarrassment!
That was never a square ball!!

Tubberman

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 15, 2014, 03:38:40 PM

He is, but not for what he said about Cavanagh.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Walter Cronc

Love Brolly! What a guy.

Aaron Boone

Hardly worth Brolly/Spillane being in Thurles today. Massive rush to get onto the hurling.

Main Street

They were relaxed, knowledgeable, able to talk uninterrupted about the game and McHugh was not there. The  trivial matter of them not being overly informative,  pales into insignificance. And you'd have to concede, Oisin got it spot on.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Tubberman on June 15, 2014, 03:41:55 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 15, 2014, 03:38:40 PM

He is, but not for what he said about Cavanagh.
+1
Was delighted to hear both Brolly and Spillane highlight Cavanagh's poor sportsmanship; you would have thought that at this stage he'd be too embarrassed to continue with his diving and getting men sent off!!!
"Stercus accidit"

Zulu

Quote from: Main Street on June 15, 2014, 04:32:21 PM
They were relaxed, knowledgeable, able to talk uninterrupted about the game and McHugh was not there. The  trivial matter of them not being overly informative,  pales into insignificance. And you'd have to concede, Oisin got it spot on.

I agree, I just meant that normally Canavan and McConville have some interesting insights on the game but I thought today they didn't. Still far better than RTE, who have become a joke.

Wildweasel74

Am about fucked off with all this swan lake diving shite from players, its outright cheating and too many of these players think they are playing in the premiership,

Sandy Hill

The match commentary on RTE today was really poor; couldn't figure out who was with Tommy Carr, but he was bad.
"Stercus accidit"

Farrandeelin

I don't think I've seen pictures from the crowd as much as I have during today's match! Even when the ball was in play they kept it on them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 15, 2014, 04:37:52 PM
Am about fucked off with all this swan lake diving shite from players, its outright cheating and too many of these players think they are playing in the premiership,
I totally agree, but when it's Tyrone, unfortunately you have to match their cynicism in order to prevail, therefore I give all Monaghan diving a free pass.
It's a moral imperative to defeat Tyrone by any means, there are no marquess of queensberry rules which apply here.
I mean,  if you met Penrose in the street, would you extend your hand?