The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Just giving the young lads a run out.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Banter Panther

I'm starting to get the impression that people have finally reached saturation point with Brolly. I think he was found out last year when his beloved Donegal were not only beaten (twice, something Brolly was having people believe could not happen even once), but absolutely humiliated. He's jumped horse pretty embarrasingly to Dublin this time and has suddenly turned on Donegal. People were always fooled into believing he 'was right more often than he's wrong', but now people are finally waking up and seeing that it's not hard to be right if you back every horse that takes the lead.
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

Banter Panther

Quote from: Banter Panther on May 19, 2014, 12:13:08 AM
I'm starting to get the impression that people have finally reached saturation point with Brolly. I think he was found out last year when his beloved Donegal were not only beaten (twice, something Brolly was having people believe could not happen even once), but absolutely humiliated. He's jumped horse pretty embarrasingly to Dublin this time and has suddenly turned on Donegal. People were always fooled into believing he 'was right more often than he's wrong', but now people are finally waking up and seeing that it's not hard to be right if you back every horse that takes the lead.
Just to extend on my own point, once Donegal were beaten, he started saying that Mayo's football was some of the best he'd ever seen and said with great authority that they would not be beaten. They were beaten. Now he's all about Dublin. Prepare for him not only to get right on the team that beat Dublin, and not only that, but he'll turn around and slate the Dubs. If Dublin do win the All-Ireland, sure he'll have been right all along. Not to easy to be 'right most of the time' when you do that, eh?
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

Ball Hopper

Thought Brolly looked very thin...and the camera is supposed to add a few kg.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 19, 2014, 05:23:57 AM

he seems to be riding alot lately hence the weight loss.........................he also continuously rolled snot balls yesterday with his fingers, OSe was good however the use of "yer man" instead of players names the odd time was a bit  ?? ............................ORourke was the usual safe Im telling the grand children on my knee a story style natter

neilthemac

why show more highlights of Tyrone and Down, when it was already live on tv?

Surely the Longford v Offaly, Wicklow v Laois and Roscommon v Leitrim games deserved higher billing and then show scoring highlights from the earlier live game.
I just don't get that. What idiot makes those decisions?

AZOffaly

Quote from: neilthemac on May 19, 2014, 10:31:14 AM
why show more highlights of Tyrone and Down, when it was already live on tv?

Surely the Longford v Offaly, Wicklow v Laois and Roscommon v Leitrim games deserved higher billing and then show scoring highlights from the earlier live game.
I just don't get that. What idiot makes those decisions?

It's always my bugbear as well. It's like they show the live game again because they've already done their homework on that one and it's handy for them. I know people who were at the match probably like seeing it on the Sunday Game as well. A midweek highlights show is badly missing, where they could give all the games adequate coverage. I was hoping Sky Sports might do something like that, but I think not based on the blurb on their web site.

Zulu

I thought Sky were doing a midweek show but I presumed they wouldn't start it until their live coverage started.

neilthemac

Yeah, there is plenty of space in the RTE schedules for a highlights program midweek or Monday night - even the rugby gets their own discussion show! At least they could give more time to the hurling games as well.
If not, let TG4 have a show. Their Seo Spoirt is already the best sport show on Irish tv.

Ringfort

Was anyone watching it online on the rte player? I was trying to view in UK with the help of a proxy server but it kept crashing every two mins. Saw most of the Tyrone Down highlights when I'd already seen the live game and nothing else. Very frustrating. Does the evening highlights programme usuallu appear on demand later on in the week?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on May 19, 2014, 09:22:54 AM

he seems to be riding alot lately hence the weight loss

sensethetone

He wants to look good in a red bikini

Ringfort

Lads, as asked above, does anyone know if the Sunday Game highlights show is a available to view on demand on the rte player for those of us living outside Ireland and if so, when? Weds night now and no sign.

Zulu

Yes, it will be available though I'm sure it's normally up by now. It will definitely be up and I'd say it should be available by today, waiting on the feckers myself.

Shamrock Shore

Longford Chairman, Brendan Gilmore, has launched an attack on The Sunday Game over piss poor coverage of Longford v Offaly. I can't be bothered posting article here.

I have sent, via a client, who is a good pal of Dessie Cahill, my own formal complaint!!

(Although I am mindful that should we get more coverage, say for the next game, then the whole country could actually see had bad we can be. Be careful what you wish for, as you may get it)