The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: theticklemister on September 01, 2013, 10:19:30 PM
Thought Darragh Maloney and McStay were excellent today.

Darragh Maloney Keeps things simple. No agendas.
McStay has his homework done. So you'll get proper stats.

timmyot501

Tony McEntee was a good addition to the panel tonight. Early is good too.  Wee Marty doesn't really finish a point before roaming off to something else.  MD McAuley should have been man of match. 

On McStay - A stat came up  re own kick outs won.  Something like 10/13 for Kerry and 11/14 for Dublin (prob wrong).  McStay then said he would love to see the reverse of those stats - so how many each team had lost.  Surely he could have worked this out from the info given.

theticklemister

Quote from: timmyot501 on September 01, 2013, 10:37:42 PM
Tony McEntee was a good addition to the panel tonight. Early is good too.  Wee Marty doesn't really finish a point before roaming off to something else.  MD McAuley should have been man of match. 

On McStay - A stat came up  re own kick outs won.  Something like 10/13 for Kerry and 11/14 for Dublin (prob wrong).  McStay then said he would love to see the reverse of those stats - so how many each team had lost.  Surely he could have worked this out from the info given.

Yes I mind that lol wondering that myself!!

imtommygunn

Mckenna the tyrone minor is still a minor according to martin mchugh.

That's a good job Martin or roscommon might not have been too happy :D

rodney trotter

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2013, 10:42:08 PM

Did he not say , still a Minor next year.

Rossfan

Good to watch the SG and hear decent football analysis about the games and none of the Brolly/Spillane irrelevant rants.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 01, 2013, 10:48:28 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2013, 10:42:08 PM

Did he not say , still a Minor next year.

Ai i think early corrected him on it.

Rodman

Quote from: Rossfan on September 01, 2013, 10:54:17 PM
Good to watch the SG and hear decent football analysis about the games and none of the Brolly/Spillane irrelevant rants.
+1.  Good analysis. McEntee very impressive. That's what we pay our TV licence for. Time to remove the 3 Stooges from the live games.

sam03/05

Thought the analysis this afternoon was once again a disgrace.
Tyrone minors were torn apart at half time, we were told by Spillane that the Tyrone template no longer works ( well that's another All Ireland final reached) so must be doing something right. Think that's five minor finals since 2000.
Secondly during the Senior game. Prior to throw in and at half time (Tyrone) were again mentioned for negative tactics, f**k me they weren't even playing in the game, and had no need to be mentioned.
Brolly then at the end goes on to wax lyrical about Dublin playing pure and non cynical football (the game was a joy no doubt) - however he made no mention of the most cynical incident in the game, when Johnny Cooper tripped Colm Cooper when going through for a score. It was as bad as the Cavanagh incident but you won't hear a word about it.

The anti Tyrone agenda is shocking, why are Tyrone mentioned during a Dublin v Kerry game?
Hope our minors show that the Template is still alive and well!!

INDIANA

Quote from: sam03/05 on September 01, 2013, 11:36:04 PM
Thought the analysis this afternoon was once again a disgrace.
Tyrone minors were torn apart at half time, we were told by Spillane that the Tyrone template no longer works ( well that's another All Ireland final reached) so must be doing something right. Think that's five minor finals since 2000.
Secondly during the Senior game. Prior to throw in and at half time (Tyrone) were again mentioned for negative tactics, f**k me they weren't even playing in the game, and had no need to be mentioned.
Brolly then at the end goes on to wax lyrical about Dublin playing pure and non cynical football (the game was a joy no doubt) - however he made no mention of the most cynical incident in the game, when Johnny Cooper tripped Colm Cooper when going through for a score. It was as bad as the Cavanagh incident but you won't hear a word about it.

The anti Tyrone agenda is shocking, why are Tyrone mentioned during a Dublin v Kerry game?
Hope our minors show that the Template is still alive and well!!

what you're seeing is a changing of the guard.

The senior all-ireland will be won by either of two teams who don't have a blanket defence.

Systems are changing and philosophies are changing.

DuffleKing

How would u describe keith higgins' role at centre forward for mayo?

ONeill

McEntee, McGinley and Jordan have been the shining lights of GAA analysis this year. That leaving cert thing must be a loads of balls.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 01, 2013, 11:59:21 PM

How would u describe keith higgins' role at centre forward for mayo?

I describe him as an attacking half forward. And when he switches back to corner back, I'd describe him as a defensive corner back! Simple really!

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on September 02, 2013, 12:03:15 AM
McEntee, McGinley and Jordan have been the shining lights of GAA analysis this year. That leaving cert thing must be a loads of balls.

Pretty sure Captain Obvious is McEntee after he alluded to Monaghan's minors 'over-celebrating' their Ulster win. Either that or the Captain is directing him behind the scenes via a hidden microphone.

I'm the fella putting all that good analysis in Dermo Jr's ears, btw.

Throw ball

I note how the afternoon panel, and Brolly in particular, raved about how positive Dublin were and how they went 15 against 15 when earlier in the year he castigated Armagh and Paul Grimley for trying to do the same against Cavan.