The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on July 03, 2013, 08:31:42 PM
How would you know if you don't understand a word they're saying? Stupid comment.

Ná déan argóint le.......
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2013, 08:41:34 PM
How would you know if you don't understand a word they're saying? Stupid comment.

Where did I say I didn't understand what was being said? Keep up(een).

The studio shows are all subtitled and despite some rave reviews rather than being geriatric bollixing about that the Sunday Game deals in it's just plain boring, and Sean Ban is starting to do his best Pat Spillane impression these days anyways. People are getting their faces pummelled in by RTE and because TG4 is only giving us a Chinese burn they feel like they should be celebrating their analysis.

Neither is up to much and both have a few good voices in a sea of nothing. The GAA nor the stations covering it have never know how to promote the sports properly.

Well which is it? Do you or don't you understand Irish? If you don't, you're not qualified to comment on the quality of the 70 minutes of game time coverage that was the subject of your original stupid comment. If you do, your comment that "almost no one" understands the language is even stupider than I thought.

Rossfan

Syfín surpassin himself with amadánacht.
A Shyfín, an dtuigeann tú an seanfhocal "Is binn béal ina thost"?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Hardy on July 03, 2013, 08:50:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2013, 08:41:34 PM

Where did I say I didn't understand what was being said? Keep up(een).

The studio shows are all subtitled and despite some rave reviews rather than being geriatric bollixing about that the Sunday Game deals in it's just plain boring, and Sean Ban is starting to do his best Pat Spillane impression these days anyways. People are getting their faces pummelled in by RTE and because TG4 is only giving us a Chinese burn they feel like they should be celebrating their analysis.

Neither is up to much and both have a few good voices in a sea of nothing. The GAA nor the stations covering it have never know how to promote the sports properly.

Well which is it? Do you or don't you understand Irish? If you don't, you're not qualified to comment on the quality of the 70 minutes of game time coverage that was the subject of your original stupid comment. If you do, your comment that "almost no one" understands the language is even stupider than I thought.

It's called an off-hand commenteen, Hardy. I only got serious in my last post.

I'm happy to have stopped this particular record from skipping between hand-wringing about TSG and undue praise of TG4 8)

Job doneen.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Yes Rossfan, -een is only added to nouns, not verbs or anything else.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

is that Ulster scots your speaking . cant understand a word
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2013, 09:02:37 PM
Syfín surpassin himself with amadánacht.
A Shyfín, an dtuigeann tú an seanfhocal "Is binn béal ina thost"?

Agus an modh nua 

is binn riomhaire ina screensaver mode
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hardy

Is binn Hill 16 ina thost.

Beantown

Used to love watching the Sunday Game... But good god, Des Cahill?? Surely RTE could find someone better, maybe they don't want to though....

Syferus

Quote from: Beantown on July 07, 2013, 10:28:24 PM
Used to love watching the Sunday Game... But good god, Des Cahill?? Surely RTE could find someone better, maybe they don't want to though....

Pat's available.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Beantown on July 07, 2013, 10:28:24 PM

You should know by now RTE is a old boys club.

Beantown

Old boys?? Dunno bout that, seems more like D4 club.
If its not the oval ball then to hell with it seems more like the attitude RTE have..

yellowcard

Cahill should stick to what he is good at and thats reading sports news on the radio for 5 or 10 minutes a day but definitely not presenting the Sunday Game.

Has Brolly taken a sabbatical or been put on gardening leave, hasn't made an appearance in a long time now neither day or night time?