The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilkenny footballer

eamon o hara gave des the answer he wanted aswell!

AZOffaly

Did ye see that statement just released by the Sligo panel? It absolutely, unequivocaly and categorically supports and backs Kevin Walsh and his management team, and outlines how they are delighted to be working with him, and that O'Hara's comments about tactics, sessions and them deserving better were completely off the mark. Nice to see such a strong statement in support of their manager.

NOT!!!!

It reads like an old Stasi or Pravda statement on behalf of someone, carefully scripted by the Security Ministry.

"Statement on behalf of Sligo Senior Football Panel

In light of recent comments in the national media, players want to publicly assert their full confidence in Kevin Walsh and his Management Team going forward.

Sligo Senior Football Panel"

I notice they are not confident in him defensively :)

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2013, 11:21:52 PM
Did ye see that statement just released by the Sligo panel? It absolutely, unequivocaly and categorically supports and backs Kevin Walsh and his management team, and outlines how they are delighted to be working with him, and that O'Hara's comments about tactics, sessions and them deserving better were completely off the mark. Nice to see such a strong statement in support of their manager.

NOT!!!!

It reads like an old Stasi or Pravda statement on behalf of someone, carefully scripted by the Security Ministry.

"Statement on behalf of Sligo Senior Football Panel

In light of recent comments in the national media, players want to publicly assert their full confidence in Kevin Walsh and his Management Team going forward.

Sligo Senior Football Panel"

I notice they are not confident in him defensively :)

Was it signed?
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

What I posted in quotes is verbatim. It's a PDF, so it could have been scanned in signed, but there are no signatures visible, other than the typed designation "Sligo Senior Football Panel". Looks like a clumsy attempt by CLG Sligeach to project harmony where little exists.

AZOffaly

I also wonder is the phraseology a Freudian slip, or intentionally ambiguous?

"In light of recent comments in the national media, players want to publicly assert their full confidence in Kevin Walsh and his Management Team going forward."

Not 'The Players' or 'The entire Sligo Panel' or 'All players'.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2013, 11:35:10 PM
I also wonder is the phraseology a Freudian slip, or intentionally ambiguous?

"In light of recent comments in the national media, players want to publicly assert their full confidence in Kevin Walsh and his Management Team going forward."

Not 'The Players' or 'The entire Sligo Panel' or 'All players'.

After all, sub goalies are people too.

AMayoFan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 28, 2013, 12:14:02 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 28, 2013, 10:25:26 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 28, 2013, 09:58:32 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2013, 09:51:43 AM
I understand what ye are saying lads, and I suppose it comes down to what do you expect an analyst, a paid, professional, analyst to bring to the party. Using his subjective view to slate someone from that pedastal is always distasteful in my opinion, and I feel the same about Brolly's character assassination of Grimley last week.

I think RTE are trying to make the Sunday Game 'edgy' for the past few years and this is just another flavour of it. "Disgruntled Ex-Player 'blasts' Sligo after defeat" is probably how a tabloid would play it, and I think that's what TSG is looking for. Tabloid TV.

I don't have a problem with someone using insight into a situation, which is why it's interesting to hear O'Rourke talk about Meath, etc etc, but I don't think what we saw on Sunday was that, I think it was someone with a major gripe, albeit legitimate, feeling vindicated and using the Sunday Game as a platform.

Just to say, I do think O'Hara was very composed and measured, it wasn't a rant by any means.

Just on COM, during the live show, what was the dig at JB for regarding the summer house? Came pretty much out of the blue and seemed a little uncalled for, felt like he had it stored up and was dying to get it into the conversation at some point.

I thought I heard O'Rourke going on about a summer house with a pool inside and outside over the noise of the youngsters fighting over lego.

Was he suggesting Brolly's fawning over Donegal was that he spends a bit of time there??

That conversation was a good and well deserved "score" for O Rourke. Brolly was wittering on about how Donegal last year could afford to foul around the 45 meter line with impunity and how they would now have to rethink given the scoring range that the Tyrone keeper has. O Rourke cut in and said it was curious how Joe was now talking about Donegals cynical fouling when before last years all ireland he came out and made reference to Mayo being a cynical team and no mention of Donegal. He then said maybe its because Joe is building a big house in Donegal and is their cheerleader. It was a point well made in my opinion. Then Joe knows rightly its all about publicity and no one is quite like the Mayo's to take the bait.

+1 agree

BluestackBoy

For all it's faults though you just have to love TSG.

Every one of it's panellists, with the exception of Ciaran Whelan, has had a rattle at someone & we're only two weeks in.

If I was an Dublin manager, past or present, I would be wary of Whelan this week :-X :-X :-X
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 30, 2013, 09:20:45 AM
For all it's faults though you just have to love TSG.

Every one of it's panellists, with the exception of Ciaran Whelan, has had a rattle at someone & we're only two weeks in.

If I was an Dublin manager, past or present, I would be wary of Whelan this week :-X :-X :-X

Whelan lacked that bit of class on the field with the flying elbows and arms but I think he will hold it together on the panel ...................................... unless Tommy Lyons makes a bumbling appearance

Fuzzman

Any one know why Kerry are back playing again this weekend whilst Cork's semifinal isn't for another 2 weeks?

Zulu

Waterford asked for it to be brought forward and both Tipp and Kerry agreed to it afaik.

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 30, 2013, 12:24:53 PM
Any one know why Kerry are back playing again this weekend whilst Cork's semifinal isn't for another 2 weeks?

Stag party on in Waterford. 4 of their lads are away on for that weekend on stag to Portugal for 4 days.

You have to get your priorities right lads.

johnneycool

Quote from: Zulu on May 30, 2013, 12:43:52 PM
Waterford asked for it to be brought forward and both Tipp and Kerry agreed to it afaik.

I presume its on the Saturday night with the Waterford hurlers out the next day vrs Clare?

seafoid

I wonder what next week's Sunday Game controversy will be.

Will Spillane declare Derry's 93 all Ireland null and void, thereby enraging Brolly ?
Will one of the panelists turn up in a tracksuit ?
Will Gardai be called to the studio?

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

snoopdog

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2013, 02:57:08 PM
I wonder what next week's Sunday Game controversy will be.

Will Spillane declare Derry's 93 all Ireland null and void, thereby enraging Brolly ?
Will one of the panelists turn up in a tracksuit ?
Will Gardai be called to the studio?

Brolly will call Down arrogant even if we are beat by 20 points he will claim down left the pitch with a swagger.