Hurling Championship 2019

Started by seafoid, May 08, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

The amount of comments I've seen online saying Offaly have hit a new low. Westmeath beat them by 14 points in championship in 2016. Mind you, comments weren't from Offaly people.

Milltown Row2

Well if you believe they are motoring along rightly then grand. Outside looking in that's two defeats in a row, granted Kerry haven't been as good as last season but that match will be tough in Kerry.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Things not looking good for Waterford. Offaly have been a long way off past glories for at least this decade. Antrim game a big test for them. Should have enough for Kerry. (Although bar 89 the buggers usually beat Antrim by a bit but hopefully not this year)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 19, 2019, 02:29:28 PM
Things not looking good for Waterford. Offaly have been a long way off past glories for at least this decade. Antrim game a big test for them. Should have enough for Kerry. (Although bar 89 the buggers usually beat Antrim by a bit but hopefully not this year)

I'd say Offaly and Antrim at similar level, was listening to the games on the radio yesterday and the co commentator was an Offaly man, he was fuming
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Yeah it will be interesting to see. Still think they might be a bit ahead of Antrim but hope I am wrong.

Milltown Row2

Tipps usual lack of concentration showing again! How can they not just put the foot down and pull away?

seafoid

Tipp look very strong so far

Cork and Waterford have a load of work to do
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2019, 03:06:09 PM
Tipps usual lack of concentration showing again! How can they not just put the foot down and pull away?

Pulled away towards the end.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Cork are unrecognisable compared to last week.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2019, 02:39:08 PM

I'd say Offaly and Antrim at similar level, was listening to the games on the radio yesterday and the co commentator was an Offaly man, he was fuming

I think Jim Troy was the co-commentator and indeed he was fuming.
He summed up Westmeath's second goal something like this - "he walked in from 50 yards and could have had tay on the way".

LooseCannon

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on May 19, 2019, 05:51:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2019, 02:39:08 PM

I think Jim Troy was the co-commentator and indeed he was fuming.
He summed up Westmeath's second goal something like this - "he walked in from 50 yards and could have had tay on the way".
Jim Troy would most certainly not be of the kind to do any media work. Plus, you'd hardly understand him, with his mumbling voice.
'Twas Joe Troy, a local part time journalist, fuel and oil salesman and all round hack.

LooseCannon

imtommygunn

There is a chance they could win the two remaining games though. I'd say it's a decent enough chance. I hope they lose one of them though ;D