Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Bad game. Hard to even enjoy winning it. Thought the introduction of Ian Burke and Sean Kelly make a big difference. Added a bit of guile and craft up front which finally opened up a resolute Mayo defence. Kevin Walsh got away with it. Picked the wrong team to start I think.

Wish the best to Parsons.

seafoid

3 in a row for Galway v Mayo.
Mayo will be in the Super 8 but they can't score enough in the last 5 minutes . Maybe they can work on it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Throw ball

Boy football is in a sorry state if that is what 2 of the best teams in the country have to offer. Imagine all these super 8 matches going the same way - help. Galway what have you done letting a Tyrone man near you ! When your own team wins playing ugly you can cope with it but as a neutral - OMG the cure for insomnia has been found. And to think I am going to watch Fermanagh try and suck the life out if the game against Armagh next week. As someone who loves football can someone please stand up and save it!

Syferus

Quote from: Throw ball on May 13, 2018, 05:56:41 PM
Boy football is in a sorry state if that is what 2 of the best teams in the country have to offer. Imagine all these super 8 matches going the same way - help. Galway what have you done letting a Tyrone man near you ! When your own team wins playing ugly you can cope with it but as a neutral - OMG the cure for insomnia has been found. And to think I am going to watch Fermanagh try and suck the life out if the game against Armagh next week. As someone who loves football can someone please stand up and save it!

They're only the second and third best teams in Connacht in fairness.

Kurtz

Quote from: seafoid on May 13, 2018, 05:52:14 PM
Mayo will be in the Super 8 but they can't score enough in the last 5 minutes . Maybe they can work on it.

Yeah not much to stop them advancing they have the experience

dublin7

If that was 2 northern teams playing they would be crucified for the  typical dour cynical Ulster football. Dreadful to watch. The negativity and off the ball stuff from both teams was a joke.

What is with the O'Connor brothers and the dirty elbows. COC would have been proud of that one and a straight red all day long.

That was a shocking injury for Parsons. No way he plays again this year never mind this summer. Long road ahead for Mayo again this summer and still reliant on the old timers

Kurtz

Quote from: dublin7 on May 13, 2018, 06:00:12 PM
If that was 2 northern teams playing they would be crucified for the  typical dour cynical Ulster football. Dreadful to watch. The negativity and off the ball stuff from both teams was a joke.

What is with the O'Connor brothers and the dirty elbows. COC would have been proud of that one and a straight red all day long.

That was a shocking injury for Parsons. No way he plays again this year never mind this summer. Long road ahead for Mayo again this summer and still reliant on the old timers

Looked like his knee collapsed
Very sad for such a great player

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2018, 05:57:19 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on May 13, 2018, 05:56:41 PM

They're only the second and third best teams in Connacht in fairness.
I wouldn't say Sligo.are that good

tippabu

Quote from: dublin7 on May 13, 2018, 06:00:12 PM

It's not two Ulster teams and people are calling it for what it was, an absolutely awful game of football

seafoid

It's only May. Both teams can play far better than that

David McKeown

A quick word on the ref. That finger on lips gesture he made before booking the Mayo man in injury time is highly disrespectful. We often talk about how poor respect is for officials particularly when compared to rugby. You wouldn't see that shite from a top rugby ref and respect is a two way street.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Syferus

Best wishes to Tom Parsons. Utterly horrific injury.

straightred

Quote from: seafoid on May 13, 2018, 05:52:14 PM

only if they get a lucky draw and even then its a tough road. I think this is the end of the road for them

Shamrock Shore

I didn't see second half but what happened Parsons? Leg break? I'm not looking for pictures or video. Refuse to watch such things

REDCOL

Tom Brady had a couple of bad interceptions today.  :P