The official Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Started by heganboy, July 03, 2018, 12:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: Main Street on December 11, 2018, 03:19:30 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 10, 2018, 12:38:21 PM
Boycey, I was thinking that myself. Someone may have just eaten a banana and fired it in frustration at his own team or at an opposing player. I don't know what they eat at soccer matches, but I've seen many's an apple, orange, banana etc eaten at GAA matches.
The default interpretation of an incident where a banana/banana skin is thrown at a black player, is that it's racist. Same with making monkey noises. Intent does need to be proven before the offensive person be found guilty. The action itself is proof of racism in football grounds since the year dot. It is astonishing that some here don't know that.

It would be up to the offender to offer an extraordinary explanation to establish some doubt, in all likliehood most all defences would defy belief because  a person would have to be utterly bereft of intelligence  to throw a banana skin in innocence at a black player, unless perhaps they went by the name of Rip Van Winkle and had been asleep for the last 20 to 50 years.

Succinctly put MS. And it's not as if these actions  are confined to England.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Owenmoresider

Esmarelda

laoislad

Some first half in the Bournemouth v Watford game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

33 before I ran out of time. A few there I would never have got, like Swindon.

Esmarelda

Quote from: ONeill on January 03, 2019, 12:08:52 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on January 02, 2019, 03:58:23 PM
37. Surprised myself.

That's wonderful.

Got 3. Happy enough.
If only everyone else could be as pleasant as you, the board would be a better place. Thanks for taking the time to post. And a good effort with your 3.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2019, 02:18:21 PM
33 before I ran out of time. A few there I would never have got, like Swindon.

34 before I ran out of time.

Swindon was one of the first I got...the cousin's husband is from there and I remember his excitement when they got promoted and then the utter depression as they got walloped each week

laoislad

Swindon first I got also, remember Liverpool beating them something like 5-0
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Three of the 6 teams to win the Premier League have also played outside of the top 2 divisions since it started. Leicester were in League 1 only 7 years before they won PL  :o

Main Street

That was a poor man's person's el classico tonight between the top two in the epl. Puzzling to see Shaqiri entering the game (far too late) and sent into a defensive midfield role. Man City don't look anything more than an average top team, Liverpool are still in pole position.

screenexile

Jesus I thought it was the opposite a thrilling game between two top teams giving it everything thoroughly enjoyable and 3 great goals to boot.

Makes it interesting from now on looking forward to the run in.

thewobbler

Quote from: screenexile on January 03, 2019, 10:17:40 PM
Jesus I thought it was the opposite a thrilling game between two top teams giving it everything thoroughly enjoyable and 3 great goals to boot.

Makes it interesting from now on looking forward to the run in.

I'd agree. Classicos are bit like summer holidays, people are always drawn to place more emphasis on the good sunny ones than the bad wet ones.

ONeill

Yeah anyone who didn't get Swindon is a dick.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.