17 year old found decapitated and dismembered in gangland feud

Started by Saffrongael, January 15, 2020, 09:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

it must say something for the state of the Irish army and wages if they are drug dealing or they are just scumbags in the army too.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Eire90 on January 17, 2020, 11:37:11 AM
it must say something for the state of the Irish army and wages if they are drug dealing or they are just scumbags in the army too.

Probably more at it now due to wages but was always the way around Athlone anyway. I honestly could name have a dozen and thats not counting lads already turfed out for been caught at it. But i have often read up on Dublin gangland and lads charged with serious crimes that are ex soliders is regular enough.

https://www.herald.ie/news/serving-soldier-and-girlfriend-held-over-street-trader-murder-38769440.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/ex-soldier-jailed-for-11-years-over-heist-after-enlisting-with-crime-gang-for-camaraderie-28901622.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/soldier-arrested-after-cocaine-and-steroids-found-in-city-barracks-37320139.html

Personally i wouldnt be sending these lads out on our streets with guns as another poster suggested. Majority of soliders are 100% but few bad apples in the mix.

general_lee

the army is a career path that attracts scumbags, so it's not unusual for members or former members to be involved in crime.

whitey

Someone was telling me about an army barracks in Dublin and the locals referred to the soldiers stationed there as the Vikings-rape, pillage and plunder.

Eire90

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 17, 2020, 11:15:00 AM
Quote from: Orior on January 17, 2020, 09:38:53 AM
Was the victim a 'lovable rogue'?
A strange question given that I wouldn't be too sure that many on the Board would have known him personally. From media and other reports about his activities it would appear to be difficult for anyone other than his family to attach the adjective 'loveable' to his description.

I know someone who did. Considered more of a messer and pest, always in scrapes. The extent of his criminality shocked them - nobody knew he firebombed a house on his own street for example.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Eire90 on January 17, 2020, 01:47:13 PM
two men shot in north dublin

You can only come to the conclusion it's in someway linked, beit directly, or someone thinking it's a good time to settle a score when the horror is elswhere.

Keyser soze

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 17, 2020, 11:05:30 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on January 17, 2020, 10:56:09 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 17, 2020, 10:40:59 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on January 17, 2020, 10:37:01 AM
Maybe criminalising possession and setting suitable deterrents eg large fines, prison time for second offence etc might be a way to combat this as going after the dealers obviously has not worked.

People talking about decriminalising drugs have not a baldy notion what they are on about, talking about decriminalising marijuana as if it is a benign drug and that doing so will help solve the drugs issue.

I have seen the outcomes of marijuana abuse in young people at first hand and it is frightening the effects  even short term use can have.

Attributable to zero deaths worldwide. It may...or may not have mental baggage for some people.

This is also not the drug at the centre of this particular death, in this topic.

See the bit above about people not having a baldy notion about what they are on about.

Again, the death of the young fella is about a cocaine gang war. If your going to talk about other drugs fine, but at least keep it in the same ball park. Your not even comparing like for like.

Something about a baldy notion alright.

Attributable to zero deaths worldwide. Pure bollocks mate I personally know 3 young people who lost their lives as a result of drug use over the past 2 years

It may...or may not have mental baggage for some people.  Anyone with even a passing knowledge of drug use and marijuana in particular could tell you about the mental health effects of using. You clearly do not have a notion what you're talking about.

This is also not the drug at the centre of this particular death, in this topic.  Yeah it is well known that drug suppliers adhere strictly to only selling 1 particular type of drug. I was replying to a post advocating decriminalisation of drugs as a solution to the drugs problem. 

thewobbler

As long as they don't get "civilians" involved in their violence then I say let them administer their own justice to each other. One less scourge in society to house then parole then house then parole.

——

My personal viewpoint of marijuana is that the a large percentage of the lads I know consumed heavily heavily in their teens, have grown into very introverted adults. These things may be completely unrelated, but I can't help thinking there's a correlation.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Keyser soze on January 17, 2020, 02:36:45 PM
Maybe criminalising possession and setting suitable deterrents eg large fines, prison time for second offence etc might be a way to combat this as going after the dealers obviously has not worked.

People talking about decriminalising drugs have not a baldy notion what they are on about, talking about decriminalising marijuana as if it is a benign drug and that doing so will help solve the drugs issue.

I have seen the outcomes of marijuana abuse in young people at first hand and it is frightening the effects  even short term use can have.

Attributable to zero deaths worldwide. It may...or may not have mental baggage for some people.

This is also not the drug at the centre of this particular death, in this topic.

See the bit above about people not having a baldy notion about what they are on about.

Again, the death of the young fella is about a cocaine gang war. If your going to talk about other drugs fine, but at least keep it in the same ball park. Your not even comparing like for like.

Attributable to zero deaths worldwide. Pure bollocks mate I personally know 3 young people who lost their lives as a result of drug use over the past 2 years

It may...or may not have mental baggage for some people.  Anyone with even a passing knowledge of drug use and marijuana in particular could tell you about the mental health effects of using. You clearly do not have a notion what you're talking about.

This is also not the drug at the centre of this particular death, in this topic.  Yeah it is well known that drug suppliers adhere strictly to only selling 1 particular type of drug. I was replying to a post advocating decriminalisation of drugs as a solution to the drugs problem.

You explain to me then why the drug you have brought up and you speak of has the same classification as painkillers, anabolic steroids and tranquillisers?

I'm not saying it's not a drug, you seem intent on having some kind of argument over a class C substance / B in NI.

Your blurring the lines between what you brought into the conversation i.e. Cannabis and what is actually being discussed - of course drugs kill, however cannabis does not kill. That is a simple fact, it is a plant that can be grown all over the world, it is a natural organic substance - less we forget it's chemical components are actually used for medicinal purposes and the mass rise of CBD oil, which I would suggest you research.

As for legalisation of drugs, that's up to everyone's own opinion, we clearly and obviously need to start thinking of alternatives because this current method of resolving it is not doing anything as events of recent years have shown.

What I am saying is maybe it's time to look at another route to deal with substance abuse, we simply do not have the means (or I'd say the hunger) to meet 'fire with fire'.

Eire90

Fellow on radio said it used to be that if some person was on drugs they were seen as a bit mad nowadays people are seen as mad if they not on drugs.

five points

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 17, 2020, 02:55:51 PM
You explain to me then why the drug you have brought up and you speak of has the same classification as painkillers, anabolic steroids and tranquillisers?

I'm not saying it's not a drug, you seem intent on having some kind of argument over a class C substance / B in NI.

There's a lad in the next village who is not much more than able to tie his shoelaces because of years of abusing painkillers, prescription medication and "soft" drugs. His life has slowly but surely fallen apart. 20 years ago he was successfully running a thriving business. Now he has little more than the coat on his back. His skin has been yellow for a number of years now.  His life must be an utter misery.

Keyser soze

Your blurring the lines between what you brought into the conversation i.e. Cannabis and what is actually being discussed - of course drugs kill, however cannabis does not kill. That is a simple fact, it is a plant that can be grown all over the world, it is a natural organic substance - less we forget it's chemical components are actually used for medicinal purposes and the mass rise of CBD oil, which I would suggest you research.

As for legalisation of drugs, that's up to everyone's own opinion, we clearly and obviously need to start thinking of alternatives because this current method of resolving it is not doing anything as events of recent years have shown.

What I am saying is maybe it's time to look at another route to deal with substance abuse, we simply do not have the means (or I'd say the hunger) to meet 'fire with fire'.

Marijuana differs from the prescription drugs you have listed in classification in that they are legal and cannabis is not. Though of course there is a massive misuse of prescription drugs as well in this country which needs to be addressed as we are all literally funding criminals involved in this sphere of drug dealing as well. 

I think that in any discussion of drug related crime and especially when talking about decriminalisation of drugs that mentioning marijuana is germane to the argument. Unfortunately I have had lots of personal experience of the health and mental health effects of young people using marijuana and again I thought to use those personal experiences to voice my opposition to decriminalisation.

As to marijauna being a naturally occurring plant all over the world and being used for medicinal purposes sure you could equally argue for the decriminalisation of heroin on the exact same basis.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Keyser soze on January 17, 2020, 03:44:11 PM

Marijuana differs from the prescription drugs you have listed in classification in that they are legal and cannabis is not. Though of course there is a massive misuse of prescription drugs as well in this country which needs to be addressed as we are all literally funding criminals involved in this sphere of drug dealing as well. 

I think that in any discussion of drug related crime and especially when talking about decriminalisation of drugs that mentioning marijuana is germane to the argument. Unfortunately I have had lots of personal experience of the health and mental health effects of young people using marijuana and again I thought to use those personal experiences to voice my opposition to decriminalisation.

As to marijauna being a naturally occurring plant all over the world and being used for medicinal purposes sure you could equally argue for the decriminalisation of heroin on the exact same basis.

As a chemist, absolutely not. Very, very different make up and a much more sinister grip on the brain but I appreciate your points on this subject.

seafoid

« And at about 1.30am on Wednesday morning, a bag containing a head, hands and feet were found in a burnt-out blue Audi S40 in a lane off Clonliffe Ave in Dublin's north inner city. »

Anyone who saw that could be traumatised.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU