Ulster Council: Credit where it is due

Started by NaomhBridAbĂș, February 23, 2015, 03:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauly2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 24, 2015, 10:24:32 PM
This is the first year that there is a consistent s & c coach working on a structured program and actually working with the players. There have been coaches who have come in but not on an ongoing basis. Mc closkey was a fitness coach who worked solely on running. No one is saying that the players don't so programs but it has only been on an ad hoc basis with no specific indepth program drawn up.

I disagree here - i know a few of the cross players very well and they inform me that Mike Mc Gurn was involved with them individually and consistently a few years back.  I also remember reading an article that he put in the paper about how cross do things differently and they were ahead of the chasing pack because of this.  Someone of the exertise of Mc Gurn doesnt do ad hoc.  He is professional in his discipline hence the reason he has been with so many county teams in the past and present..

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: pauly2 on February 25, 2015, 11:45:07 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 24, 2015, 10:24:32 PM
This is the first year that there is a consistent s & c coach working on a structured program and actually working with the players. There have been coaches who have come in but not on an ongoing basis. Mc closkey was a fitness coach who worked solely on running. No one is saying that the players don't so programs but it has only been on an ad hoc basis with no specific indepth program drawn up.

I disagree here - i know a few of the cross players very well and they inform me that Mike Mc Gurn was involved with them individually and consistently a few years back.  I also remember reading an article that he put in the paper about how cross do things differently and they were ahead of the chasing pack because of this.  Someone of the exertise of Mc Gurn doesnt do ad hoc.  He is professional in his discipline hence the reason he has been with so many county teams in the past and present..

Tony McEntee made the claim directly to the conference - maybe using it to highlight his view of skills over strength
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

rrhf

Spillane will be using it as ammo against the back room teams this year.

twohands!!!

Quote from: rrhf on February 25, 2015, 08:18:25 PM
Spillane will be using it as ammo against the back room teams this year.

I wonder when the poor folk will be let out of the back room.