Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamFever

Quote from: thewobbler on September 13, 2015, 08:36:07 PM
Quote from: SamFever on September 13, 2015, 08:20:47 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 13, 2015, 07:43:16 PM
Quote from: SamFever on September 13, 2015, 06:45:44 PM
Classy tweets from our ex-Minor manager today. The wheels of his bus have really come off now.

what I'm picking up here is that it would appear you believe that public figures in Down football are not entitled to have opinions, but as long as it's done anonymously, it's quite okay to make highly derisory comments about those same people.

Interesting double standards.
A public figure in Down Football- it's Ex for that.When he was a public figure in Down football his rantings about soccer was ludicrous.His(your Club) couldn't field in the minor championship last year because of soccer but yet he makes classy comments about 4 south down teams being left in championship is a veiled 'up yours' to our east down Clubs that may be in the same position as your Club last year. Good luck tomorrow night.

And there you have it.

I'm a firm believer, in Internet forums, that you should attack the post, not the poster.

You could have addressed the subject of the Tweet and condemned it is inaccurate or unfair. But it seem you'd prefer to make it personal. And just to put a cherry on it, also have a go at an entire club that had nothing to with the comment.

Again, there's a delicious irony in that you don't want him having an opinion, but you feel it's okay to deliver a highly personal rant.
The subject of my post was indeed an attack on the poster's choice of subject. Don't defend the culprit who wrote such a half baked tweet.Similar defences of your Senior team Manager all year do nothing for your previous credibility on here!

thewobbler

Well, if asking posters to refrain from anonymous personal attacks on people, is going to ruin my "credibility", it looks like I'm heading to the gutter.

Attack the post. Not the poster.

SamFever

Quote from: thewobbler on September 13, 2015, 09:27:42 PM
Well, if asking posters to refrain from anonymous personal attacks on people, is going to ruin my "credibility", it looks like I'm heading to the gutter.

Attack the post. Not the poster.
POST is put up on TWITTER by a poster.If the post is unsavoury and classless the POSTER
gets the heat on FORUMS such as these by POSTERS such as ME.

pauly2

Quote from: DownFanatic on September 12, 2015, 10:32:32 PM
Aidan Burns put on a Tour de Force for the Town in the first semi final. He took some mighty scores. Warrenpoint had a bad day at the office.
Despite what Warrenpoint did or didn't do - I thought we were fantastic at times during the game.  Aidan gave a masterclass of finishing from play and frees but I thought our overall work rate was brilliant from start to finish.  Now for the semis - two east down teams and two south down remain.  Lets hope the draw is favourable...

charlieTully

Quote from: pauly2 on September 13, 2015, 10:28:08 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on September 12, 2015, 10:32:32 PM
Aidan Burns put on a Tour de Force for the Town in the first semi final. He took some mighty scores. Warrenpoint had a bad day at the office.
Despite what Warrenpoint did or didn't do - I thought we were fantastic at times during the game.  Aidan gave a masterclass of finishing from play and frees but I thought our overall work rate was brilliant from start to finish.  Now for the semis - two east down teams and two south down remain.  Lets hope the draw is favourable...

Who was your number 11. Thought he had a very good game. ?

Red eye

Disappointed in CPN performance- expected more but then as someone says their line out looked rather strange.
Kilcoo squeezed past Burren and looks like it's theirs to lose. Mayobridge as expected eased through and would take Ballyholland to make up the semi finalists.
Be good if Kilcoo and Mayobridge are kept apart as see that as the better final from the 4 teams left.

rosskarr

Quote from: Red eye on September 14, 2015, 08:27:40 AM
Disappointed in CPN performance- expected more but then as someone says their line out looked rather strange.
Kilcoo squeezed past Burren and looks like it's theirs to lose. Mayobridge as expected eased through and would take Ballyholland to make up the semi finalists.
Be good if Kilcoo and Mayobridge are kept apart as see that as the better final from the 4 teams left.
Who won tonight's Q/F if there are only 4 teams left? :D

Gaa for life

Who was your number 11. Thought he had a very good game. ?

donal mckibben. great win for us on Saturday evening. Aiden Burns showed what he is capable of doing. its been too long since we were in a semi and let alone a final. don't think we will win it but with a big push for next few weeks and a bit of luck along the way anything is possible

PAULD123

Quote from: PAULD123 on September 07, 2015, 09:51:02 AM
Quote from: Red eye on September 06, 2015, 10:38:50 PM
Double header at Newry on Saturday - should be good evening's entertainment - CPN v Castlewellan and Burren v Kilcoo - hard to call but would take the Point and Kilcoo to come through. Ballyholland and Mayobridge to come through in other two. If so hope Mayobridge and Kilcoo kept apart in semis :)

Why would you take Kilcoo to beat Burren, when Burren have pretty much swept everyone aside this year so far? I know league and championship are very different but Burren look pretty impressive so far.

Fair play to you, you were bang on about Kilcoo v Burren. This is the first year in ages I have had the chance to watch a decent amount of league football and I thought Burren were well ahead of the rest. It's just a pity you were not also correct about the CPN v Castelwellan match

wobbller

Quote from: wobbller on May 23, 2015, 02:47:48 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on May 23, 2015, 12:04:54 PM
Tom Burren have a decent midfield and plenty of good forwards which will only be helped by the two McArdles returning but if they can be neutralised which Kilcoo have done in the past then their defence can be got at.

The bridge appear to be struggling a bit and there only so much the old hands can do.  The gravey train looks like it has slowed up there too.
The glory days are long gone here. Current Management are great Club men but
that doesn't mean they'll be good Managers. Time to maybe think about getting a suitable
outsider.
Very slowly eating my own words but it's great all the same.

downup

Two decent games last night. In the first match Martin Clarke probably the difference between the two teams, man does he have a sweet left foot. Kingdom took their goal chances and St Johns didn't. It was a competitive hard hitting championship match.
The senior match was more tactical and if Rostrevor were able to convert their chances maybe they would be in the semi. That being said when Ballyholland got in front they were very hard to get past and left the Rostrevor lads snatching at chances. Should be interesting semi finals in both championships.

ExtraTime

Quote from: downup on September 15, 2015, 01:56:18 PM
Two decent games last night. In the first match Martin Clarke probably the difference between the two teams, man does he have a sweet left foot. Kingdom took their goal chances and St Johns didn't. It was a competitive hard hitting championship match.
The senior match was more tactical and if Rostrevor were able to convert their chances maybe they would be in the semi. That being said when Ballyholland got in front they were very hard to get past and left the Rostrevor lads snatching at chances. Should be interesting semi finals in both championships.

Would have to agree. The build up play to Rostrevors goal was brilliant and if they were able to produce moments like that more it could have been a different game but they never really troubled Ballyholland in the second half in my opinion. Few nervy moments in the last 7 minutes or so from Ballyholland but I would still say they were deserving of the win.

Interesting semi draw as-well. I think Mayobridge can give Kilcoo a good game and wouldn't be surprised if they edge it. No one seems to fancy Ballyholland against Castlewellan and I dont see why not. Great League Campaign along with the championship wins and I have to say I really fancy them here!

befair

One of the worst games I've ever been at; uncontested kick-outs, teams defending on the 45, poor skills, lousy shooting. Ballyholland won by the masterly tactic of, you know, actually competing for kick-outs and scrabbling a few points from them. Rostrevor only contested kick-outs after getting a red card in the last three minutes and had chances to win it even then

supersub

Was a poor game indeed. However if you are talking about uncontested kick outs, watch a lot of inter county games and it's the same thing. Part of the game now unfortunately for the viewer. A poor showing from the Reds in the second half, and really should have been further ahead at the break given possession in the first half. Alas they weren't and cost them dearly. Despite playing none second half as has been mentioned, there were chances to snatch at least a replay. However such is football and realistically all things were put harshly into perspective early this morning when more local young lives were taken on our roads in the village. May they rest in peace.

T O Hare

Paddy O Rourke, Paddy Crozier and Johnny mc Cumiskey sitting beside each other in Pairc Esler last night. Concidence??
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"