Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander3

Quote from: Centre 3/4 on December 21, 2014, 10:04:11 PM
Toms only back from a torn cruciate played towards end of most of carryduffs u21 c'ship games but will take time coming back

Thanks, hope he makes it back

Did he always play for Carryduff? I thought it was St Pauls

Shamrocks Gaelp

Carryduff allowed players From neighbouring areas (Bredagh and St pauls) to play for them in the U21's (I think), like ballyholland and saval. Good to hear Grimley is on the road to recovery, great player

Aristo 60

you should do us all a favour and think harder.

would it really be a case of carryduff doing the allowing or the county board or croke park?

The Raven

Quote from: supersub on December 22, 2014, 01:22:19 PM
Perhaps the boys you mentioned didn't go to the trials - maybe you should investigate that before giving out. If they deem themselves too good for/not bothered about trials that isn't the attitude needed IMO. If they went and didn't get on that's a different issue.
Reminds me of a conversation I overheard couple years ago between two members from two north Down clubs suggesting that development squad training shouldn't  be on Saturdays as it interferes with soccer. Now there's attitude for you.

Mourne Rover

SG, Bredagh did not allow their players to turn out for Carryduff in the u21 championship and instead fielded their own team. It is also quite a stretch to describe St Paul's as a neighbour of Carryduff, as the two clubs are ten miles apart. However, if St Paul's were not going to enter the u21s, it is reasonable to give their players the chance to participate with another club.

Centre 3/4

3 of them played for carryduff and one played very very little as he was coming back from injury

Lecale2

Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on December 23, 2014, 09:19:55 PM
Carryduff allowed players From neighbouring areas (Bredagh and St pauls) to play for them in the U21's (I think), like ballyholland and saval. Good to hear Grimley is on the road to recovery, great player

How are Ballyholland & Saval neighbouring clubs to Carryduff?

If they are playing lads from those clubs at u21 they are ripping the hole out of it!

thewobbler

Lecale2 has just proven the theory that no matter what you write in an Internet forum, someone will find a way to misinterpret it!

Shamrocks Gaelp

Lecale, it appears you need to dust off the reading glasses. Simple mistake to make, no harm done! (My usage of commas may need to be repaired)

Ed Hardy

Any word on the Mc Kenna Cup panel?

our_fella

Stephen Kane Cill Chua
Kieran Gordon Loch an Oileain
Gerard Collins RGU
Brendan McArdle Eanach Cluana
Arthur McConville Cluain Daimh
Niall Madine Sabhall
Damian Turley RGU
Conor Maginn Ath Bhriain
Cathal Crilly Caislean an Mhealluín
Packie Downey Droim Gaith
Chris McKay Naomh Eoin
Peter Fitzpatrick Baile Uí Mháirtin
Peter Turley RGU
Kevin Anderson Eanach Cluana
Donal O'Hare Boireann
Conor Laverty Cill Chua
Luke Howard Ath Bhriain
Darren O'Hagan Cluain Daimh
Danny McKay Naomh Eoin
Conor Garvey Droichead Mhaigh Eo
Kevin McKernan An Bhoireann
Niall Donnelly Tulach Lios
Darragh O'Hanlon Cill Chua
Paul Devlin Cill Chua
Conall McGovern Boireann
Malachy Magee Clann na Banna

McCorry not letting these lads play for their Uni's. Especially McKernan, needed for the Ranch more than us

Shamrocks Gaelp

Good to see Kieran Gordon getting a shout, great shot stopper  for the minors and U21's all the way back in 2008-2009. Also good to see big Kevin Anderson back for the first time since 2011 and Luke Howard. Who is Banbridges Malachy Magee? What position ? In addition, the Ulster council, Paddy Tally, McAleenan, McGuckin and Wee James will all find mccorrys decision to select university players hard to swallow !

The Raven

Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on December 29, 2014, 12:11:46 AM
Good to see Kieran Gordon getting a shout, great shot stopper  for the minors and U21's all the way back in 2008-2009. Also good to see big Kevin Anderson back for the first time since 2011 and Luke Howard. Who is Banbridges Malachy Magee? What position ? In addition, the Ulster council, Paddy Tally, McAleenan, McGuckin and Wee James will all find mccorrys decision to select university players hard to swallow !
Malachy Magee played u21 couple of years ago, plays hurling for Ballela, I think he was on hurling panel last year

pauly2

Quote from: our_fella on December 28, 2014, 11:55:01 PM
Stephen Kane Cill Chua
Kieran Gordon Loch an Oileain
Gerard Collins RGU
Brendan McArdle Eanach Cluana
Arthur McConville Cluain Daimh
Niall Madine Sabhall
Damian Turley RGU
Conor Maginn Ath Bhriain
Cathal Crilly Caislean an Mhealluín
Packie Downey Droim Gaith
Chris McKay Naomh Eoin
Peter Fitzpatrick Baile Uí Mháirtin
Peter Turley RGU
Kevin Anderson Eanach Cluana
Donal O'Hare Boireann
Conor Laverty Cill Chua
Luke Howard Ath Bhriain
Darren O'Hagan Cluain Daimh
Danny McKay Naomh Eoin
Conor Garvey Droichead Mhaigh Eo
Kevin McKernan An Bhoireann
Niall Donnelly Tulach Lios
Darragh O'Hanlon Cill Chua
Paul Devlin Cill Chua
Conall McGovern Boireann
Malachy Magee Clann na Banna

McCorry not letting these lads play for their Uni's. Especially McKernan, needed for the Ranch more than us

So by giving the ranch the two johnstons, Barry Ohagan and keeping Mc Kernan we are not doing the right thing.  There is a small enough panel as it is without letting other players go to University for football.  Take into account we have 3 games in short space of time and indeed 2 games in 4 day period at one stage - the risk of injury as well as general tiredness means we need all hands to the pump.  Let tally do whatever the hell he wants - he threatened to pull out of the comp if he didn't get all his players - lets see has the balls to do as he says...

There are a number of division one clubs not represented - Ballyholland, Rostrevor, Liatroim, Longstone and Glen.  I know there are other teams in the county apart from division one clubs - but for 5 clubs in the top flight not to be represented is a bit strange...

Downgaa88

Quote from: Line Ball on December 21, 2014, 09:26:49 PM
Starters from the minors in 2012 not even in the panel are Miceal O'Hare, Darren Doyle, Daniel Mc Carthy, Ronan Mc Alinden, Jack Haughey, Tom Grimley and I am sure there are other lads who were in this panel who have made good progress since. What point is Dawson trying to prove here, that he knows Down players better than any trials will prove?  His arrogance has always gotten the better of him and I guarantee that some of the names listed above will be in his panel come championship time.

From what I've heard Conal Gallagher is injured, and daniel mccarthy is only coming back from injury so i would imagine they will be brought into the setup when they are fit. Ronan McAlinden and Declan Doyle apparently can't commit and they other boys I would assume didn't make the trials. in fairness Miceal O'Hare is one of the best defenders in the county never mind at u21 level so he should have been a cert!