Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 05, 2017, 09:06:20 AM
i never really spoke about the debate here as it was a club man of our own but personally speaking i believe it was the wrong time for any challenge. The current executive has only just got in and has had to basically deal with a list of previous disasters and no money. they have only started to get on their feet thanks to the help of a lot of people and fingers crossed they will keep this going.

heres hoping for 2018 to be a positive one both on and off the park for Antrim

I think we can all agree with that, even Country Bumpkin......

bannside

Result never in doubt. Saffron Vision returned by large majorities and starting to look very impressive. I spoke to a few convention "veterans" who agreed the outlook is very positive.

Pol Mc Canna stole the show though. His financial report was the main talking point. One man we simply cannot do without!

Tony Chivers coming out with a lot of credit too for the Saffron Business Forum which has its sights set on Dublin first, and then USA.

Upwards and Onwards and Aontroim Abu.

Na Glinntí Glasa

theres been a lot of people in the background so to speak who have been pushing hard to make it work and without them we would be in the mire that we were before. The Saffron Business form is vital to our county and getting these people involved has been a massive positive for everyone.

I dont doubt mistakes were made, no set ups ever perfect, but its learning from them and moving on is what shapes you.
hurl like f**k boi!

Galer

paddyjohn

Quote from: Galer on December 05, 2017, 01:19:18 PM
Did p gallachers motion pass?

Don't think it was classed as a motion.

bannside

It was a recommendation and was referred to first CCC meeting. Paddy presented exceptionally well but received mixed response. Hopefully a couple or 3 matches can be trialled on Friday nights.

paddyjohn

Friday night games are a superb idea but SW un12/14 and minor hurling is on a Friday night so work will be needed.

Na Glinntí Glasa

that will be a problem for games on a friday. the minor hurling games are fixed on a friday night as well. its a nice idea to try it out all the same
hurl like f**k boi!

stiffler

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 05, 2017, 07:02:16 PM
that will be a problem for games on a friday. the minor hurling games are fixed on a friday night as well. its a nice idea to try it out all the same

I think the recommendation was for 3/4 Friday nights in a year. I'm sure this can be accommodated over the course of the year. The Friday fixtures could possibly swap with the Sunday football on them particular weeks.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Galer

For the players and supporters it is great even a sat evening would let players have a bit of a social life.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Galer on December 05, 2017, 09:14:28 PM
For the players and supporters it is great even a sat evening would let players have a bit of a social life.
We were promised better communcation by the County Board a month ago but the first major issue since convention shows no evidence of this i.e. changing of underage age groups for 2018 -anyone know what if anything is compulsory from Croke or what individual counties can decide?

Exiled Ruairi

The county secretary mentioned in his address at convention that he hoped age groups would change in line with county age groups. He hoped this conversation would take place and be decided on in early January. So all club delegates would if heard or read that plus the convention booklets were out on Antrim gaa website to be downloaded. So info was put out so it shouldn't be a shock really

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Exiled Ruairi on December 23, 2017, 03:57:30 PM
The county secretary mentioned in his address at convention that he hoped age groups would change in line with county age groups. He hoped this conversation would take place and be decided on in early January. So all club delegates would if heard or read that plus the convention booklets were out on Antrim gaa website to be downloaded. So info was put out so it shouldn't be a shock really
Any mentions have been very very general - so do you know what is compulsory from Croke Park for the club games and what individual counties have discretion over as regards underage age groups? To me u17 was to solve a county issue around leaving cert date clashes....

delgany

This is the proposal from COUNTY

A charide,

As you know the age groups for county teams are changing for 2018 . In light of those changes I'm proposing that Antrim falling in line with the new national ages;

I.e.

We move to u13 – u15 - u17 and for2018  with an under 19 league & championship

Then for 2019 u13 – u15 - u17 and for2019 an under 20 league & championship

Thereafter (2020 onwards) our ages group's would be u13 – u15 - u17 and u20 (leagues & championships)

Can you respond by Friday 29th December (2.00pm) with your clubs opinion on this matter.

theskull1

Proposal from Croke Park you mean.

This seriously important issue was completely ignored at the County AGM .... yet now we have this proposal .... and AFAICS its based solely on a need to line up with what Croke Park have done. WTF

Does the County have any clue (does any club have any clue) just how many U19 players will be available for the season ahead?
Does the County have any consideration for the possibility that several U19 players will be part of their senior panel?
Does the County understand that introducing an U19 competition will burden many U17 players (studying A levels) as they will be needed to fill out U19 panels?
Does the County give a flying fook other than towing the line with their masters?

What am I missing here? This makes zero sense to me.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera