The Whiskey Thread

Started by gallsman, December 08, 2014, 03:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

If you like Glenfiddich, you might try Glenlivet too. 

For a richer flavor, Monkey Shoulder is one of my faves.

If you want to try something a bit more on the peaty (smoky) side, try Ardbeg.

STREET FIGHTER

For the Whiskey Connoisseur's on the board where does Black Bush sit in the ratings?

trueblue1234

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on February 13, 2021, 05:34:58 PM
For the Whiskey Connoisseur's on the board where does Black Bush sit in the ratings?

Far from a Connoisseur but I prefer Black Bush to Jameson.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

ziggy90

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 13, 2021, 06:09:33 PM

Far from a Connoisseur but I prefer Black Bush to Jameson.

Plus one.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

gallsman

Black Bush is a really good value basic Irish blend. You can pay far more for older, more complex whiskeys that don't taste half as good. I'm happy to drink away at it and, because of the price, if I've nothing cheaper, will happily throw it in Irish coffee or got whiskey as well.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on February 14, 2021, 07:24:19 AM

Black Bush is a really good value basic Irish blend. You can pay far more for older, more complex whiskeys that don't taste half as good. I'm happy to drink away at it and, because of the price, if I've nothing cheaper, will happily throw it in Irish coffee or got whiskey as well.

Always preferred Powers for a hot whiskey compared to the others.

restorepride

Quote from: screenexile on February 14, 2021, 09:26:54 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 14, 2021, 07:24:19 AM

Always preferred Powers for a hot whiskey compared to the others.

No doubt about that - Powers is best for hot whiskey.

Oul boys in our country used to make hot poitín -not bad either.

lurganblue

I got the Connemara Whiskey for Father's day there.  It is a bit of an introduction to peated whiskey for me.  I have had one glass and on first impressions i dont think that style is for me.  I'll keep going with the bottle though just to confirm ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lurganblue on June 25, 2021, 03:53:36 PM
I got the Connemara Whiskey for Father's day there.  It is a bit of an introduction to peated whiskey for me.  I have had one glass and on first impressions i dont think that style is for me.  I'll keep going with the bottle though just to confirm ;)
;D "If you're going through hell, keep going".

Never beat the deeler

Apologies if it's been covered before, but I live overseas and wanted to get a bottle of whiskey delivered to my aul fella for his birthday.
What's the best local website that sells online and delivers? Any google searches for whiskey ireland inevitably bring up websites here, or Yank-traps.

Looking for something aroudn the 100E mark, not tied to Irish / Scotch but will pick something he doesn't usually get

TIA
Hasta la victoria siempre

HiMucker

The whiskey exchange is hard to beat. Used it for a few present deliveries myself.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: HiMucker on August 26, 2021, 08:39:50 AM
The whiskey exchange is hard to beat. Used it for a few present deliveries myself.

just had a look - not giving me an option for delivery to Ireland
Hasta la victoria siempre

Hound

I use mitchellandsons.  Decent selection, fast delivery (dispatched within a day or two)

Also drinkstore.ie. Bigger selection, slower delivery (might take a week to dispatch)

HiMucker

Bushmills single malt 10 year old. An easy one to get through

StPatsAbu

My da was a Powers man and Jameson in latter life. He was a barman at a vintners do when young and said they drank Powers all night so reckoned they knew their onions