Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general

mine is being phased back on now- just been told via text.

laoislad

Mine seems to be still working.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Itchy

Apparently majority of providers jumped right into a new front end supplier and that supplier is having massive issues with the traffic hence why people are down. My supplier that's working has sat tight to see what happens

Boycey

One of mine never went down but is running with reduced channel choices and my back-up service now running a pretty good skeleton service. 

Dougal Maguire

So who's getting what now? One of my suppliers has got the sports up and running again, glad he's got his priorities right. Movies seem to running also albeit on a limited service. My other supplier, who is also the General's isn't running anything but he's working on it. He did expect to have FTA up today but that hasn't happened
Careful now

Main Street

Mine is still working, .
The iptv provider posted some news on the website

September 20, 2019  | 

Update – Wow are we glad we didn't move to the new software yet, 3 days they have been on and off many companies suffering lots of issues when trying to migrate. We 100% made the right choice to wait till at least after the weekend!

We have now made some updates in our database back-end on our servers and it has improved the speed of the system on mag and formuler boxes drastically.

You may notice there are a lot of companies down currently and fully offline and some online with very few channels running, This is because a lot of companies panic'ed under the pressure and switched as fast as possible, which in turn caused many headaches for the few other companies who offer the software like xtream codes.

On the current setup we can continue to run as normal for now for at least 1 month as we are not 100% sure when our server will try to check our licence with xtream codes (we have stopped it from trying to do this) but as the software was beta none of our licences have expired in the past.

The only things we cannot do is add vod however im working on how this is added at the moment so i can see if its possible to add direct.
There are many bugs.

Sept 21

We have been monitoring the groups with a lot of the other providers who have been installing the new software and it looks like there are many bugs.

1) No import of Vod or TV Series at all (meaning all who have migrated have lost this so far) (which would be a huge loss for us)
2) No load balancing options (the ability to send customers to a quieter server when one is busy)
3) No RTMP (this is a vital part of our network lots of channels used on a saturday require this) without it these channels are unobtainable.
4) Lots of bugs and i mean lots of bugs.
5) The new software providers servers keep going down!
6) Lots of different devices wont connect (mag322 mag351 / formuler z8)
7) Extremely high CPU usage on servers (as only running mysql and not mariadb)

In light of this we have been working on a backend script so that we can continue to keep our network up online and running and admin it ourselves direct from our own scripts.

We will continue to monitor the situation and hope these bugs are resolved asap before we attempt to upgrade.

We have decided with the VOD because this is a huge undertaking and task to even add a small amount we will not add any more until we can migrate to a different platform.

Boycey

No idea who ur provider is bit they seem a bit smug to me, the whole arse could fall out or the thing for them tomoro  ;D

Itchy

Quote from: Boycey on September 21, 2019, 08:42:28 PM
No idea who ur provider is bit they seem a bit smug to me, the whole arse could fall out or the thing for them tomoro  ;D

I know who his supplier is, they the best in the business. Everything in that message is 100% bang on.

Boycey

With the best will in the world they are as much in the dark as anyone else, they've just taken a chance by not migrating like most have.... Maybe it'll pay off maybe not but there is no way they can guarantee they will be able to run their current set up for a month. All the rest is technical mumbo jumbo that'll impress the masses, and yes I understand everything in it...

If its the one you recommended me they couldn't sort out a simple issue for me and I left  ;)

Main Street

Quote from: Boycey on September 21, 2019, 11:41:56 PM
With the best will in the world they are as much in the dark as anyone else, they've just taken a chance by not migrating like most have.... Maybe it'll pay off maybe not but there is no way they can guarantee they will be able to run their current set up for a month. All the rest is technical mumbo jumbo that'll impress the masses, and yes I understand everything in it...

If its the one you recommended me they couldn't sort out a simple issue for me and I left  ;)

They don't guarantee they can run their current set up for a month, they say they can run it as normal for at least another month based on their experiences  and set up.
There are no guarantees in the iptv business and it's  patently ridiculous to expect that they should be required to guarantee everything they say. Based on their record so far, I am listening.
They are the best I have come across, I didnt have to search any further because there was no need. Possibly there are as good  and even better outfits out there, if so that's good news for us punters.

Itchy

Boycey - anyone who effectively done nothing is still running. And they can continue to run indefinitely (all be it with the normal risks of running iptv). What they cant do easily is add new customers, extend new customers subscriptions, change customer box details.

Those that are down tried to switch quickly to a new front end supplier which basically crashed under the load of new business.

To be honest I dont recall recommending anyone for you but the crowd main street referenced dont sell to people in the north or Britain anymore but not sure where you are based.

BenDover

Bit off topic but I think this is a good place to ask this question.
I'm trying to convert a couple of old club match dvds to mp4 format using VLC media player. But when I try to view to converted mp4 file it won't play in any of the media, players I have. Can anyone tell me how to best rip the dvd to mp4?

Boycey

Quote from: BenDover on September 22, 2019, 10:22:14 AM
Bit off topic but I think this is a good place to ask this question.
I'm trying to convert a couple of old club match dvds to mp4 format using VLC media player. But when I try to view to converted mp4 file it won't play in any of the media, players I have. Can anyone tell me how to best rip the dvd to mp4?

Handbrake, free download, pretty easy to follow, loads of tutorials on YouTube if ur stuck. I use it to convert matches all the time

Boycey

Quote from: Itchy on September 22, 2019, 08:47:25 AM
Boycey - anyone who effectively done nothing is still running. And they can continue to run indefinitely (all be it with the normal risks of running iptv). What they cant do easily is add new customers, extend new customers subscriptions, change customer box details.

Those that are down tried to switch quickly to a new front end supplier which basically crashed under the load of new business.

To be honest I dont recall recommending anyone for you but the crowd main street referenced dont sell to people in the north or Britain anymore but not sure where you are based.

Jaysus I've seen people get territorial and defensive over football teams on here but over an IPTV provider  ;D Time will tell who's picked the right road maybe both ways are correct but good providers will find a way to continue. 

Was ur provider an elite group  ;)

Itchy

Like others here Boycey, I just tried to help a few people out. Nothing territorial about it, I'm not even sure what that means. If you dont want my advice or want to heed it that's fine.