Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 29, 2019, 09:16:21 AM
Does this mean we'll have to start paying full price for stuff?

It's still an evolving situation but usually where theres a will there's a way...

Cavan19

My provider went down for the first few days like the rest but is back up and running now with everything except VOD.  I would have him at the top of the league off providers for the information giving while it was offline and and quality of the streams.

I don't know if anyone else here uses him he is based down in Munster.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

Jim Bob

There are smart men out there who are busting their balls to get this up and running again. Very lucrative as they well know. My money is on them

Itchy

The good ones are back. The ones that choose their course poorly are in bother and from what I am hearing is quite a few have legged it.

Iptv will not die as easily as cardsharing.

Solo_run

Quote from: Itchy on September 29, 2019, 07:44:13 PM
The good ones are back. The ones that choose their course poorly are in bother and from what I am hearing is quite a few have legged it.

Iptv will not die as easily as cardsharing.

What about the end user?

Boycey

Quote from: Jim Bob on September 29, 2019, 07:12:04 PM
There are smart men out there who are busting their balls to get this up and running again. Very lucrative as they well know. My money is on them

That's it in a nutshell it's a billion dollar industry and if there's a long-term solution it'll be found..

Willing to be shot down but my take is currently there's 2/3 approaches been taken.

The wait and see guys (who services are mostly still working) who haven't migrated yet til they see how it plays out. Their problem are that their costs are ongoing, and they can't take renewals or new customers. That situation can't carry on?

Those who migrated to the new software which is still very unstable and are taking new customers etc without knowing whether there is a future for them. I noticed my back-up sub was down several times today but I know they are taking new accounts as I've seen them touting for business.

There are some that have just run for cover and will resurface again as a different entity when they think the coast is clear but these are mostly resllers and weren't involved at a higher level

Jim Bob

Must have read this and liked me. Back to full strength this evening

Itchy

Quote from: Boycey on September 29, 2019, 07:55:47 PM

That's it in a nutshell it's a billion dollar industry and if there's a long-term solution it'll be found..

Willing to be shot down but my take is currently there's 2/3 approaches been taken.

The wait and see guys (who services are mostly still working) who haven't migrated yet til they see how it plays out. Their problem are that their costs are ongoing, and they can't take renewals or new customers. That situation can't carry on?

Those who migrated to the new software which is still very unstable and are taking new customers etc without knowing whether there is a future for them. I noticed my back-up sub was down several times today but I know they are taking new accounts as I've seen them touting for business.

There are some that have just run for cover and will resurface again as a different entity when they think the coast is clear but these are mostly resllers and weren't involved at a higher level

A fourth is those that have developed their own software and have migrated. If everyone is running to the 1 or 2 global solutions out there how long till authorities strike them next. Not long at all I wager.

Boycey

Don't think you can create/test a reliable software in the time-frame involved. Several providers have said they collaborating  with the guy with the new software to  make it "sturdier" so I'd say any new software is just a variant on that?

Conventional wisdom says there was nothing wrong with the current software other than how it was secured?

My tuppence worth is that xtreamcodes will re-emerge, the only nagging doubt i have is that card-sharing was eventually halted..

Itchy

What was wrong with the current software is that it was openly known where it was located, everyone used it and a police man in italy walked into a room and basically pulled out the plug!

Boycey

That's what I said really  :D

I'd like to think it was a little more sophisticated and even if not the knowledge exists to replicate and maybe they'll put a padlock on door this time

Dougal Maguire

Folks thanks for keeping us updated. Keep the updates coming
Careful now

Boycey

A baffling day today with some providers, all with the old software methinks, removing any channel that shows Premier League football. I saw a message from one saying they couldn't work around the Premier League block anymore which is untrue, a simple VPN gets around that so you have to think there's more to that story. Maybe authoritys have started to move on the info they found on xtream servers last week?

Providers with new panels haven't taken these channels down.

Actually can anyone else confirm they lost skysports etc

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on October 01, 2019, 10:53:07 PM
A baffling day today with some providers, all with the old software methinks, removing any channel that shows Premier League football. I saw a message from one saying they couldn't work around the Premier League block anymore which is untrue, a simple VPN gets around that so you have to think there's more to that story. Maybe authoritys have started to move on the info they found on xtream servers last week?

Providers with new panels haven't taken these channels down.

Actually can anyone else confirm they lost skysports etc

Yeah Skysports and BT sport gone from my channel list.

Was able to watch the games on Virgin One and TNT on the American channel list though... could be an interesting few days you can't really have a service without those channels!!