Self Improvement Gurus

Started by trailer, October 24, 2023, 11:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Peterson is also actually successful. I imagine he's set for life.

These other lads lease supercars and big houses so they can shoot their videos and carry on as if they're multi millionaires but what they're really doing is trying to flog something (a premium tier, seminars, a self published book etc), for which they need relentless social media engagement and therefore pump out endless "content".

Tom had a cracking video where he went to America to meet his hero, Grant Cardone. Basically turned up at the office and behaved as if everyone knew him. Was determined to meet Grant however possible, despite him being in a different city at the time.

Milltown Row2

I think to be successful you need a work ethic a bitta luck and a idea that people will latch onto or need.

There are certain things in life that are always needed and will never go away, if you are selling them, or manufacturing them, then its how you do that successfully will determine how well you do. Its not rocket science or you don't need to go to the Europa Hotel and hear how you can harness your inner crap or whatever they say..

Birth and death

There is money in prams and coffins  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: gallsman on October 25, 2023, 08:50:59 AMPeterson is also actually successful. I imagine he's set for life.

These other lads lease supercars and big houses so they can shoot their videos and carry on as if they're multi millionaires but what they're really doing is trying to flog something (a premium tier, seminars, a self published book etc), for which they need relentless social media engagement and therefore pump out endless "content".

Tom had a cracking video where he went to America to meet his hero, Grant Cardone. Basically turned up at the office and behaved as if everyone knew him. Was determined to meet Grant however possible, despite him being in a different city at the time.

I saw this  ;D was hilarious.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on October 25, 2023, 08:50:59 AMPeterson is also actually successful. I imagine he's set for life.

;D  I'll be watching this later. He is comedy gold!

There was a programme on last night (might have been a Spotlight Special) about some chap from Lisburn called James Blake who is a "marketing influencer". He says that everytime he buys a new car (Lambo, Audi R8 etc.) or watch he has to relentlessly post "content" about it to get engagement and engagement means cash from Insta etc. It must be exhausting! I'm not sure who the audience is for this crap.

Newbridge Exile

I was blissfully unaware of Messrs Malone and Smyth until I read this thread...

trailer

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on October 25, 2023, 01:34:17 PMI was blissfully unaware of Messrs Malone and Smyth until I read this thread...

Andy Malone is something else all together. Man isn't near square.

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2023, 01:13:00 PM;D  I'll be watching this later. He is comedy gold!

https://youtu.be/gFM_ZhAPtwA?si=BFIFM9lPDBVXZBnT

Good luck lasting all 50 mins.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2023, 01:13:00 PMI'm not sure who the audience is for this crap.

Morons, that's who. There are endless "genres" of the twats but ultimately they're all at the same thing. Instagram "mummy bloggers" are the worst.

There's a gobshite Oxford academic on Twitter who's one of these PhDs who insists on being called doctor. She not infrequently asks people to unfollow and refollow her (to "check something", but in reality to juke the "new follower" stats) while retweeting her endlessly shite straight-out-of-a-textbook opinions.

Saffrongael

"Control the controllables" is one I have heard a fella in Antrim Gaa circles using more than once, as if he has split the atom
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

LC

I seen a lot of TS content where he is up at the crack of dawn and then 'jet setting' on an Easyjet from Belast to Manchester / London......some operator.

Saffrongael

Was he not a loyalist hood at some stage ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on October 25, 2023, 02:53:12 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2023, 01:13:00 PM;D  I'll be watching this later. He is comedy gold!

https://youtu.be/gFM_ZhAPtwA?si=BFIFM9lPDBVXZBnT

Good luck lasting all 50 mins.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2023, 01:13:00 PMI'm not sure who the audience is for this crap.

Morons, that's who. There are endless "genres" of the twats but ultimately they're all at the same thing. Instagram "mummy bloggers" are the worst.

There's a gobshite Oxford academic on Twitter who's one of these PhDs who insists on being called doctor. She not infrequently asks people to unfollow and refollow her (to "check something", but in reality to juke the "new follower" stats) while retweeting her endlessly shite straight-out-of-a-textbook opinions.
@OxfordDiplomat by any chance? She's a dose. Followed her briefly a few years ago but was an awful arsehole so got binned in quick time.

johnnycool

I know it's slightly different but sometimes you shouldn't laugh at these hoors, my twins used to watch this American/Chinese Kid and his ma and Da doing mundane enough shíte, Ryans World and it turns out the bolloxes were earning millions per year from their channel...

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2023, 03:41:34 PM@OxfordDiplomat by any chance? She's a dose. Followed her briefly a few years ago but was an awful arsehole so got binned in quick time.

That's her.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on October 25, 2023, 04:13:22 PMI know it's slightly different but sometimes you shouldn't laugh at these hoors, my twins used to watch this American/Chinese Kid and his ma and Da doing mundane enough shíte, Ryans World and it turns out the bolloxes were earning millions per year from their channel...

It's still crap regardless of the earnings and the dumbing down of life!!

My wife would watch endless videos on TikTok, I told her it will give her dementia lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Tiktok v Milltown. Tough choice 🤣🤣🤣