What happened to the Cahir O'Kane wants us banned thread?

Started by BennyHarp, July 28, 2016, 02:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Am I missing something or has this thread been removed? Any reason?
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 28, 2016, 02:27:19 PM

Think he apologised (or realised he was OTT) on twitter BH.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 28, 2016, 02:29:04 PM

Fair enough, so the thread was pulled as a result then?
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 28, 2016, 02:40:56 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 28, 2016, 02:29:04 PM

Fair enough, so the thread was pulled as a result then?

No idea.

rosnarun

how about a change of policy to get people to use their own names then we could freely tell Cahir o'kane and his self righeous cohorts what wankers they are.

My name is david lydon and i approve this message
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

valeman

OKane is a fine journalist and the work he put in when with the CDP was second to none. But in order to get the great detail he did he has become (in my opinion) too close to certain people within the Derry set up and as a result is not objective. His issues about this site where in relation to posts discussing Derry players after last week, none of which where personal in nature, but OKane took the moral high ground due to his relationship with certain players who am sure have been very accommodating to him over the years with info and interviews. He has a very short memory tho as he used this site himself to promote the GAA coverage in the Derry Post when he was getting it up and running.

I do agree that stuff on here should not be personal and if it is then it should be regulated, but the nature of the board is to discuss GAA and as long as the discussions are in good faith and nature then there is no issue as far as I am concerned. OKane talks about the anninimity of the site as well, yet admitted he frequents it now and then, am sure he doesn't advertise when he comes in and reads so by definition he is also availing of the anninimity of the site.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: rosnarun on July 28, 2016, 03:03:34 PM
how about a change of policy to get people to use their own names then we could freely tell Cahir o'kane and his self righeous cohorts what w**kers they are.

My name is david lydon and i approve this message

Anything to Johnny Rotten, ie, are you David Rotten too?  ;) :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ck

A journalist friend of mine once told me that all the journos are regularly on here, for research purposes, so they can get stories.

Mayoffs

Quote from: ck on July 29, 2016, 10:31:25 PM
A journalist friend of mine once told me that all the Mayo journos are regularly on here, for research purposes, so they can get stories.

Fixed that for ya  ;)
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)