2020/21 All Ireland Football Championship

Started by Angelo, June 06, 2020, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eire90 on June 29, 2020, 05:32:03 PM
So is their no floodlights in any ground in connaught

Connacht and MacHale Park has floodlights.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Eire90

Hurling format looks terrible should have took top 16 teams in the country and and had a knockout

Rossfan

Quote from: Eire90 on June 29, 2020, 05:30:00 PM
whats the reason of playing connaught championship games in croke park
It's  CONNACHT.
If only single seats* are being used and subject to social distancing you're talking about very small capacities
Sligo and Leitrim about 400 each
Hyde 1200
Pearse 2200
McHale might get to 4,000.

* as opposed to concrete benches.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Orior

Quote from: Eire90 on June 29, 2020, 05:30:00 PM
whats the reason of playing connaught championship games in croke park

Maybe to inject money into the economy, and fill the hotels and bars in Átha Cliath.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

macdanger2

Quote from: BennyCake on June 29, 2020, 02:20:43 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 29, 2020, 11:40:47 AM
I have to agree with Pateen for once....
Once it was decided to go knock out they should have gone with a 32 County draw.
Would have brought a but if fairness to it.
Anyway the die is cast so it's all up to the Covid now.

Yes I agree. Spillane said similar last night. Although I doubt he ever called for an open draw when he was winning handy AIs as a player. He didn't give a shit about Down or Armagh having to win 4 tough games to win Ulster back then.

You'll notice Spillane waited until AFTER the announcement to say anything about it, he wasn't foolish enough to come out beforehand

Eire90

Was the ulster Final played in croke park once i remember and was their much opposition to it playing ulster final in croke park is like playing champions league final in new york.

BennyCake

Quote from: Eire90 on June 29, 2020, 10:21:37 PM
Was the ulster Final played in croke park once i remember and was their much opposition to it playing ulster final in croke park is like playing champions league final in new york.

Yes, from 2004-06. Where were you that you don't remember that?

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eire90

Provincial inbalanced is not as bad in club championships as teams have to win county to make it into provincial

Eire90

If connacht and munster had round robin with top 2 going into a final or 2 and 3 playing a semi final before meeting top team in a final it would balance it better but their is no time to do that well at least the gaa see it that way.

Eire90

They could have done a 5 team round robin in both have the two bottom teams in each province according to league positions play a qualifier

Itchy

Anyone see offtheballs survey of county boards to see what teams have been training. Guess which counties refused to answer or said no comment (meaning of course they were training)

Blowitupref

Quote from: Itchy on July 04, 2020, 05:26:49 PM
Anyone see offtheballs survey of county boards to see what teams have been training. Guess which counties refused to answer or said no comment (meaning of course they were training)

Been talked about here

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=29611.1050
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Eire90

gaa missed a golden opportunity for an open knockout