Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 20, 2020, 10:36:46 PM
Junior - Killeeshil look in a good position to make the final, be some good games deciding who makes the final with Cookstown, Kildress, Derrytresk, Eskra and Urney all in the other side.
Intermediate - Edendork be very happy with the draw, avoided Eglish and are in the generally easier side of the draw. Their expected game with Moortown in the quarter final has all the makings of a good game, but you'd fancy Edendork to make the final. Eglish a big challenge ahead of them to reach the final, any of Gortin, Owen Roes and Aghyaran will fancy nipping them and pushing into the final.
Senior - likely to come down to winners of Coalisland and Trillick in the Semi Final again. Dungannon look in a good position to reach a semi final and potential final in their side of the draw. Fully expect Donaghmore to nip Ardboe and Carrickmore to beat Killyclogher in the first round.

Is the draw completed fully. I thought it was like last year and just the first round winners know who they will meet then open draw for semi finals. Has it changed to allow every club to see their potential path all the way to the final...can anyone confirm

Pearse Blue

Some great games, were in for a great championship. I have a few under dogs included in my predictions.

Clonoe v Coalisland
Clonoe will be ready for their rowdy neighbors this year as they have had to watch them at the top over this past while. Coalisland will be big favourites going in but I expect Clonoe to have a big year this year

Moy v Derrylaughan
'Dogid' game, expect derrylaughan to win on sheer ignorance.. The moy have a few stars and if they all gel they could upset my prediction but I think Derrylaughan a better all round side. Hard to know who will be favorite will be here.

Galbally v Trillick
Hard to look past the champions here, however Galbally coming up from a great year in D2 and if they get a good league campaign they will be confident. Think trillick are too wise to be caught on the hop though. Trillick will be favorites going in.

Killyclogher v Carrickmore
Tough one to call, Killyclogher not anything near what they were a few years ago however either are Carmen. This will be a good battle and could maybe be a draw?? I think Killyclogher will be favorites

Loughmacrory v Dungannon
Dungannon a lot of good players coming through and a lot of them have county experience which will stand to them performing well in D1. Although I think the Lough will be fired up for this and their dirty tactics will throw a lot of Donaghmore men off their game. Dungannon will be favorites

Ardboe v Donaghmore
Ardboe are similar to the Moy, they have a few stars and their bite will not be questioned however Donaghmore have been building slowly and progressing this past few years. Think they will catch them on hop, not really sure who would be favorites going in. Probably Ardboe with Donaghmores bad record.

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy
Lot of people going to disagree here, obviously Errigal will be favorites going into the game but Pomeroy have had a right bit of championship experience over this last few years and if their county men stand up to Errigal I think they can beat them.

Omagh v Dromore
Possibly the most even matched draw.. I predict a draw here, odds will be fairly close here going in. I think Dromore might edge it with slightly more classy players and a disappointing campaign last year.

Some people will disagree but just my opinion. Just as I was predicting a draw there I was thinking, what happens if a draw occurs? Does it go to ET and penalties like Ulster Championship or does it go to a replay for the county board to make a bagfull on the gate?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 21, 2020, 08:46:01 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 20, 2020, 10:36:46 PM
Junior - Killeeshil look in a good position to make the final, be some good games deciding who makes the final with Cookstown, Kildress, Derrytresk, Eskra and Urney all in the other side.
Intermediate - Edendork be very happy with the draw, avoided Eglish and are in the generally easier side of the draw. Their expected game with Moortown in the quarter final has all the makings of a good game, but you'd fancy Edendork to make the final. Eglish a big challenge ahead of them to reach the final, any of Gortin, Owen Roes and Aghyaran will fancy nipping them and pushing into the final.
Senior - likely to come down to winners of Coalisland and Trillick in the Semi Final again. Dungannon look in a good position to reach a semi final and potential final in their side of the draw. Fully expect Donaghmore to nip Ardboe and Carrickmore to beat Killyclogher in the first round.

Is the draw completed fully. I thought it was like last year and just the first round winners know who they will meet then open draw for semi finals. Has it changed to allow every club to see their potential path all the way to the final...can anyone confirm
You can see the whole route to the final

The Golden Years

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on February 21, 2020, 08:09:46 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on February 21, 2020, 07:57:28 AM
I suppose whats a championship draw without an early season prediction.

Senior Championship First Round

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

Hard to beat an early prediction.

Semi finals:
Coalisland v Trillick
Errigal v Dungannon

With a repeat of last year's final.

Semi Finals
Clonoe vCarrickmore
Loughmacrory v Omagh

Final
Carrickmore v Loughmacrory  ;D
To be played in Carrickmore also

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: The Golden Years on February 21, 2020, 09:29:34 AM

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

Semi finals:
Coalisland v Trillick
Errigal v Dungannon

Semi Finals
Clonoe vCarrickmore
Loughmacrory v Omagh

Final

With more than 30 players sent off.

LeoMc

Quote from: The Golden Years on February 21, 2020, 09:29:34 AM

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

Semi finals:
Coalisland v Trillick
Errigal v Dungannon

Semi Finals
Clonoe vCarrickmore
Loughmacrory v Omagh

Final
With extra time played at the minor injuries unit.

GetOverTheBar

I'll have a go at this then for a bit of value, lets see who times proves correct.

Clonoe v Coalisland

I'll have a go with the Rahillys here, Coalisland are an ageing team at this stage and O'Hagan probably won't be the man to finish off players that have served him well in the past. I think Clonoe will benefit massively from McAliskey with the club all year and the McDonnell factor might bring a bite of badness back to Clonoe. Clonoe gave Trillick a good run of it last year but ultimately just didn't have enough, they'll quietly fancy themselves to chin Coalisland. Tie of the round.

Moy v Derrylaughan

Great tie for both teams who I reckon will be struggling badly in the league by the time this game comes around. This one could go eitherway, I'd stick my head on the block for Derrylaughan as any kind of injury to either of the Cavanaghs will finish off the Moy hopes. Won't be surprised if this one ends in the annual brawl that the first round of the Championship usually brings.

Galbally v Trillick

Trillick are Trillick, do the basics so well - don't make many mistakes and have about 4/5 players all capable of scoring their quota. They'll be favourites for this and the Championship so I can't really see past them myself. But Galbally will not be one bit worried about playing them, in a strange way this could be the best tie they could have got. I fancy Galbally to be rightly up in the league come this one being played - I think Trillick will win this by experience but don't think it will be the walkover some might predict.

What do Carrickmore have left in the tank? Still playing a right few of the older players, Gormley probably kept them in the Championship v Edendork last year. This could be the year it all catches up with them. Killyclogher are a very good senior side. I would imagine they'll win this one but Carrickmore won't give them anything on the plate that can be certain.

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Has to be Dungannon, learned hard lessons v Omagh last year. Recruitment of a former Tyrone U20 player. now and the pressure will be on with this draw to go on a bit of a run. Loughmacrory have a lot of very good young players - this could be one of the games of the first round. The Lough will have no fear of Dungannon but Dungannon now have that years experience. Lough might be going balls out in first 8/9 league games to get the points and could be worn down by that stage depending on how Senior football treats them on their return.

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Fancy Donaghmore to struggle in the league. They've always been comfortable without setting the world alight in Senior. Do they have anything about them or ambition? This draw gives them a big chance to take on a good team and make a statement. I think Ardboe will be too cute and probably might just resort to bullying Donaghmore to get the job done.

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

The disaster draw for Pomeroy. With all their county men fit and up to speed they'll give it a good rattle - they'll fancy themselves but Senior will be tough for them this year. Depends how they hold up with injury and how they are doing in the league but Errigal go into this one as heavy favourites and probably the tie you'll put the house on right now if forced to pick a winner.

Omagh v Dromore

Dromore have a huge point to prove to all of Tyrone after last year. That will be ringing in their ears at every training session from now to this tie. I can imagine exactly what they are being told up in Gardrum every night. What happened them last year won't be allowed to happen again. Omagh are a very good team though, this will be a great game. I will call this one a draw with Omagh to go on in the replay for a bit of variety. Both teams need to win this one as their recent Championship records haven't been great and should be one of the ties of the opening round too.

Tyrone95

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 21, 2020, 10:18:39 AM
I'll have a go at this then for a bit of value, lets see who times proves correct.

Clonoe v Coalisland

I'll have a go with the Rahillys here, Coalisland are an ageing team at this stage and O'Hagan probably won't be the man to finish off players that have served him well in the past. I think Clonoe will benefit massively from McAliskey with the club all year and the McDonnell factor might bring a bite of badness back to Clonoe. Clonoe gave Trillick a good run of it last year but ultimately just didn't have enough, they'll quietly fancy themselves to chin Coalisland. Tie of the round.

Moy v Derrylaughan

Great tie for both teams who I reckon will be struggling badly in the league by the time this game comes around. This one could go eitherway, I'd stick my head on the block for Derrylaughan as any kind of injury to either of the Cavanaghs will finish off the Moy hopes. Won't be surprised if this one ends in the annual brawl that the first round of the Championship usually brings.

Galbally v Trillick

Trillick are Trillick, do the basics so well - don't make many mistakes and have about 4/5 players all capable of scoring their quota. They'll be favourites for this and the Championship so I can't really see past them myself. But Galbally will not be one bit worried about playing them, in a strange way this could be the best tie they could have got. I fancy Galbally to be rightly up in the league come this one being played - I think Trillick will win this by experience but don't think it will be the walkover some might predict.

What do Carrickmore have left in the tank? Still playing a right few of the older players, Gormley probably kept them in the Championship v Edendork last year. This could be the year it all catches up with them. Killyclogher are a very good senior side. I would imagine they'll win this one but Carrickmore won't give them anything on the plate that can be certain.

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Has to be Dungannon, learned hard lessons v Omagh last year. Recruitment of a former Tyrone U20 player. now and the pressure will be on with this draw to go on a bit of a run. Loughmacrory have a lot of very good young players - this could be one of the games of the first round. The Lough will have no fear of Dungannon but Dungannon now have that years experience. Lough might be going balls out in first 8/9 league games to get the points and could be worn down by that stage depending on how Senior football treats them on their return.

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Fancy Donaghmore to struggle in the league. They've always been comfortable without setting the world alight in Senior. Do they have anything about them or ambition? This draw gives them a big chance to take on a good team and make a statement. I think Ardboe will be too cute and probably might just resort to bullying Donaghmore to get the job done.

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

The disaster draw for Pomeroy. With all their county men fit and up to speed they'll give it a good rattle - they'll fancy themselves but Senior will be tough for them this year. Depends how they hold up with injury and how they are doing in the league but Errigal go into this one as heavy favourites and probably the tie you'll put the house on right now if forced to pick a winner.

Omagh v Dromore

Dromore have a huge point to prove to all of Tyrone after last year. That will be ringing in their ears at every training session from now to this tie. I can imagine exactly what they are being told up in Gardrum every night. What happened them last year won't be allowed to happen again. Omagh are a very good team though, this will be a great game. I will call this one a draw with Omagh to go on in the replay for a bit of variety. Both teams need to win this one as their recent Championship records haven't been great and should be one of the ties of the opening round too.

Gormley didn't start vs Edendork or Errigal through injury although he did pop up with a wonder score at a vital time against Edendork.  I am not even sure if he has been out training yet this year. With Jonny Munroe + Ruairi Loughran returning from Oz and a few of last years minors threw into the mix I would have to disagree that it may all catch up on us this year and would in fact hope that this may be the start of a new generation of players kicking on from breeding a few new faces in last year.. Interesting tie vs KC who are in a similar position to ourselves

Localexpert

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

you do realise of the 14 outfield coalisland players against trillick in last years semi final 9 are under 25?  however i'm looking forward to see how McDollar copes with the pressure of another well paid clonoe manager coming up against us in the championship!

GetOverTheBar

you do realise of the 14 outfield coalisland players against trillick in last years semi final 9 are under 25?  however i'm looking forward to see how McDollar copes with the pressure of another well paid clonoe manager coming up against us in the championship!

I hope come closer to the time you can tell us more of Coalislands tactics and player availability Local Expert.

Will Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane start for Coalisland this year v Clonoe in the Championship?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 21, 2020, 11:13:49 AM

I hope come closer to the time you can tell us more of Coalislands tactics and player availability Local Expert.

Will Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane start for Coalisland this year v Clonoe in the Championship?
Does a bear shit in the woods? One trick pony them boys

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on February 21, 2020, 12:51:49 PM

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

slim pickings
The Trillick hater returns.. only man in Tyrone happy seeing Trillick beat on penalties

square_ball

The last time the intermediate champions faced the reigning senior champions there was an upset. Stranger things have happened.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Localexpert on February 21, 2020, 11:09:32 AM

Clonoe v Coalisland

Moy v Derrylaughan

Galbally v Trillick

Loughmacrory v Dungannon

Ardboe v Donaghmore

Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy

Omagh v Dromore

R.e. Coalisland's age profile - above point is continually missed. They should be there or there abouts for a good few years.

Localexpert

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 21, 2020, 11:13:49 AM

I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?