China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on October 21, 2020, 03:50:39 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 21, 2020, 03:29:43 PM
It's not at all. You said the virus was stagnating.

Nope I said the virus was stagnating as daily cases were staying fairly stable over the past fortnight, how we measure the growth of the virus is daily cases. Look you got there eventually I suppose.

Quote from: Angelo on October 20, 2020, 03:29:52 PM

It looks as though the virus has stagnated now, we are having fairly similar daily numbers for the past fortnight.

The growth rate is stagnating.

The virus is not stagnating, it's still growing by hundreds/thousands of cases per day.

There's a small but critical difference.  You'll maybe get it some day.

Seaney

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:02:13 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 21, 2020, 11:45:40 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 21, 2020, 09:56:37 PM
We've had a good few posters here imploring for things to be "opened up"

Yet I can't recall any of these posters ever imploring for a proper test and trace system

Or a Zero Covid system

Both of these are strategies to suppress the virus and have been shown to work when done properly

So the clear implication is that these people want to open up without either proper test and trace or Zero Covid

What sort of person wants to open up without a suppression strategy rather than open up with a suppression strategy?

Sociopaths, that's who

Let's hide under our beds until 2023 then.

Let's crank up domestic violence cases, unemployment and mental health problems in that time.

At what benefit?

Did you ever call for a lockdown in any of the past flu seasons? If you didn't then you're a sociopath by your own definition.
You're deflecting more than a Mayo defender in the first half of the 2016 All-Ireland final

Why do you want to open up society fully without a suppression strategy rather than open it up cautiously with a suppression strategy?

And why is this the loony right's continued narrative?

The logical conclusion is that the loony right sees mass death as a good thing in and of itself

And one only has to look at Trump to see this is indeed the case in reality

Lets say like in the cases in most clinical trials before any mystery vaccine comes to fruition it takes 10 years, you happy to lockdown society for a decade?

skeog

Waterford not travelling North one of the reasons given i.e. employers saying saying 14 days isolation needed on return.What a joke Antrim totally correct in not agreeing to neutral venue in South.Terrry Hyland another spoofer couldnt gather a team last week.If they were in a promotion place i am sure they would have fielded.

Itchy

Quote from: skeog on October 22, 2020, 09:27:28 AM
Waterford not travelling North one of the reasons given i.e. employers saying saying 14 days isolation needed on return.What a joke Antrim totally correct in not agreeing to neutral venue in South.Terrry Hyland another spoofer couldnt gather a team last week.If they were in a promotion place i am sure they would have fielded.

They were fighting for survival you gobshite, but if you know better feel free to give us the information.

GetOverTheBar

Don't expect to see the man from the South in here blaming the North for weeks in this thread after the scenes in Dublin last night  ::)

sid waddell

Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 08:48:40 AM

Yet I can't recall any of these posters ever imploring for a proper test and trace system

Or a Zero Covid system

Both of these are strategies to suppress the virus and have been shown to work when done properly

So the clear implication is that these people want to open up without either proper test and trace or Zero Covid

What sort of person wants to open up without a suppression strategy rather than open up with a suppression strategy?

Sociopaths, that's who

Let's crank up domestic violence cases, unemployment and mental health problems in that time.

At what benefit?

Did you ever call for a lockdown in any of the past flu seasons? If you didn't then you're a sociopath by your own definition.
You're deflecting more than a Mayo defender in the first half of the 2016 All-Ireland final

Why do you want to open up society fully without a suppression strategy rather than open it up cautiously with a suppression strategy?

The logical conclusion is that the loony right sees mass death as a good thing in and of itself

Lets say like in the cases in most clinical trials before any mystery vaccine comes to fruition it takes 10 years, you happy to lockdown society for a decade?
But this isn't the case

Even in the hypothetical event that there turned out to be no vaccine - and this seems very unlikely - there are effective strategies available, and there are countries that have already put them into practice and are successfully suppressing the virus while opening up their societies

From what I can make out you are proposing to lift all restrictions, with no suppression strategy

This is a right-wing American anarcho-capitalist talking point pushed by the likes of the Koch Brother(s)

The people proposing this are some of the worst people in the world

You are the person with all the questions to answer here because you are the person proposing that the population of Ireland and the population of the world becomes the subject of a grotesque experiment

Angelo

Or a Zero Covid system

Sociopaths, that's who

At what benefit?

Learn to read dumbass, the only person mentioning society opening up fully is you.

As usual you are being disingenuous, you are dealing in misrepresentation and providing false information.

We have measures in place with the virus, social distancing, increased hand hygiene, compulsory mask wearing, limited indoor gatherings - these practices continue until such time as science has cracked or the virus burns out - I find the latter much more likely.

So f**k off for yourself your usual nutjob right wing crap because you are completely unable to stick to what is true. You're actually the one advocating lockdown measures, if you had any brain matter between your ears you might realise that fascism is more in line with your rhetoric than anyone else on this thread.

The course of action we are taking is going to create widespread societal and economic problems, domestic violence cases rose during the last lockdown, addiction relapses increased, mental health problems increased, financial hardship increased, businesses will go the wall which leads to job losses, there are many more consequences.

And for what? What benefit are we doing this for? To save lives? What about the lives this course of actions costs, what about the lives it ruins, the businesses it closes, the marriages and relationships it destroys?

I've asked cowards like you, Franko, Milltown and all the rest a simple question and it goes to show how spineless you all are. None of you have the guts to answer as doing so shows complete and utter hypocrisy.

We live with seasonal flu every year, it kills people, it consumes the health service, it causes long lasting health impacts - but whatever risk we attach to that we deem it acceptable. It happens ever year and we don't change anything about our lives. Now maybe you finally grow a pair of balls and answer me this - at what point does Covid become an acceptable risk like flu?

I sincerely doubt you have enough backbone to address that though.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

maddog

Would anyone advocating no lockdowns etc be prepared to stand in person and make the call in a hospital ward over who gets the ventilator and who doesn't when it hits that point ?

Angelo

Quote from: maddog on October 22, 2020, 11:02:33 AM
Would anyone advocating no lockdowns etc be prepared to stand in person and make the call in a hospital ward over who gets the ventilator and who doesn't when it hits that point ?

Would anyone advocating for lockdowns be prepared to tell a victim of domestic violence through lockdwon that it was necessary for her to go through with what she did?

This is the kind of bullshit projection that people who are consumed by Covid engage in

Doctors and healthcare workers have to deal with difficult decisions and death everyday in their job, it's not a Covid phenomenon.

maddog

Quote from: Angelo on October 22, 2020, 11:06:04 AM

Would anyone advocating for lockdowns be prepared to tell a victim of domestic violence through lockdwon that it was necessary for her to go through with what she did?

This is the kind of bullshit projection that people who are consumed by Covid engage in

Doctors and healthcare workers have to deal with difficult decisions and death everyday in their job, it's not a Covid phenomenon.

Nice deviation. Maybe just say if you would be happy to make the call or not ?

Rossfan

Well said.
Do we perform the life saving heart surgery on Patient A or do we leave the Covid comatose Patient B in the ICU bed.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: maddog on October 22, 2020, 11:19:25 AM

That's what medical professionals do in their everyday job. It's tough, it's not a phenomenon that began with Covid so I find it bizarre you feel those decisions only apply to Covid.

Now I've addressed that, domestic violence cases rose in lockdown, be a gent and tell me if you would be happy to tell a victim of domestic violence that it was necessary they went through that ordeal?

Or are domestic violence victims worthless? Maybe you think they don't matter? That's the vibe I'm getting, unless it's Covid, it's irrelevant.

maddog

Quote from: Angelo on October 22, 2020, 11:25:44 AM

That's what medical professionals do in their everyday job. It's tough, it's not a phenomenon that began with Covid so I find it bizarre you feel those decisions only apply to Covid.

Now I've addressed that, domestic violence cases rose in lockdown, be a gent and tell me if you would be happy to tell a victim of domestic violence that it was necessary they went through that ordeal?

Or are domestic violence victims worthless? Maybe you think they don't matter? That's the vibe I'm getting, unless it's Covid, it's irrelevant.

Yes - that is what i said in the only mention i have made of covid so far. Nothing else matters. Some leaps you are making.

Angelo

Quote from: maddog on October 22, 2020, 11:28:28 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 22, 2020, 11:25:44 AM

Yes - that is what i said in the only mention i have made of covid so far. Nothing else matters. Some leaps you are making.

You contended that I'm happy to have doctors choose between who gets on a ventilator.

The least you could do to me is tell me how you would react to a lockdown victim of domestic violence.

You are so entrenched in your views that domestic violence victims seem to be irrelevant.

You don't even find their plight worthy of comment and discussion.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/aug/17/domestic-abuse-surged-in-lockdown-panorama-investigation-finds-coronavirus

If you want to engage in hysteria, then we can engage in hysteria but clealry domestic violence victims don't matter in your eyes.

Maiden1

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 10:17:13 AM
But this isn't the case

Even in the hypothetical event that there turned out to be no vaccine - and this seems very unlikely - there are effective strategies available, and there are countries that have already put them into practice and are successfully suppressing the virus while opening up their societies

From what I can make out you are proposing to lift all restrictions, with no suppression strategy

This is a right-wing American anarcho-capitalist talking point pushed by the likes of the Koch Brother(s)

The people proposing this are some of the worst people in the world

You are the person with all the questions to answer here because you are the person proposing that the population of Ireland and the population of the world becomes the subject of a grotesque experiment
Anarcho-capitalist talking point made me LOL (then google to try to figure out what it is).

I think you are giving people too much credit calling out fascists on multiple threads.  In this example people want to work to be able to pay their mortgage they don't have Mein Kampf in the drawer beside the bed.  I'd be interested in the make up of the jobs of the people on this board, what percentage have an income linked to the public sector and therefore have their income protected verses those that rely on a somewhat functioning economy and how strongly that influences their views.
There are no proofs, only opinions.