Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Without having a shot at any ref in particular, I would say the senior football championship is badly missing some of the better refs who are not refereeing this year. Eddie Kinsella and David Moore in particular but I would also say I haven't seen Joe Brennan, Eamonn Strong or John Flynn.

The PRO

Thankless job refereeing. Mick Tarpey would be well known as a ref who adds on a lot of injury time and to be fair to him, there was some amount of stuff happening off the ball yesterday. People give out when the linesman don't get involved so when they do, it's hardly fair to whinge too.

Neutralobserver

Quote from: The PRO on September 30, 2019, 11:29:43 AM
Thankless job refereeing. Mick Tarpey would be well known as a ref who adds on a lot of injury time and to be fair to him, there was some amount of stuff happening off the ball yesterday. People give out when the linesman don't get involved so when they do, it's hardly fair to whinge too.
theres getting involved and theres getting involved but alot of that game was refed from the sideline by the celebrity ref as mentioned in a previous post

Blow-in

The role of the linesman is to assist the referees though. Only for Deegan we would have Keith a bracken playing on while on two yellows. Everyone roars at the lines to do his job but when they do the job they still get abused. So what is their job then?

les Antiques

O'Moore Park needs a rest  . Overused this year .Having the replay set for Wednesday night in portlaoise again defies logic . The pitch needs a break clearly .

Don Draper

Quote from: les Antiques on September 30, 2019, 12:40:34 PM
O'Moore Park needs a rest  . Overused this year .Having the replay set for Wednesday night in portlaoise again defies logic . The pitch needs a break clearly .
Could easily go somewhere like Cretty, Stradbally, or Port even.

clonadmad

god forbid they would move it out of OMP

I recently asked a couny board official why they couldnt move games around the county to grounds capable of holding games.

I was told "they didnt have the ticketing infrastructure"

::)

les Antiques

Wasn't there a Senior Championship  game in Ratheniska last year or the year before ? I think Josephs and Ballylinan? !

High Fielder

Quote from: clonadmad on September 30, 2019, 01:24:24 PM
god forbid they would move it out of OMP

I recently asked a couny board official why they couldnt move games around the county to grounds capable of holding games.

I was told "they didnt have the ticketing infrastructure"

::)

More like the boys out in the country won't let you in for free  ;D Those boys in Cretty are like patrol on the Mexican border

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: les Antiques on September 30, 2019, 01:28:20 PM
Wasn't there a Senior Championship  game in Ratheniska last year or the year before ? I think Josephs and Ballylinan? !

Mountmellick and Ballylinan in first round of the Senior championship back in 2017. The atmosphere was better than in OMP. Don't see the problem with Ballyfin and Killeshin playing the replay in Stradbally or Crettyard.

Neutralobserver

senior relegation final this year also outside o moore park

The PRO

Atrocious weather today. OMP should be in a right state Wednesday night.

Unlaoised

They were two right good games and both should have been draws .
Tarpey had a nightmare .
Ballyfin did very well to fight back James Finn was outstanding for them .
Eoin Lowry was excellent too
LAOIS ABÚ

Neutralobserver

ballyfin still surprising  - can they pull it off tonight??

portlaoisekid

Delighted with the Portlaoise win on Sunday, they battled hard without playing superbly but got the job done and justified their win. Portlaoise were written off by so many except those within their own group and to give Port they start they dreamed of in those conditions and win was a good days work. I'm very proud of this team.

I see Kileshin winning tonight, I though Ballyfin initially but I think Kileshin will do it now.

Special mention for Bruno, the word legend is bandied about a lot these days but by god he is a living breathing legend.