Premiership All Time Transfer Stats

Started by Dinny Breen, January 15, 2008, 11:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

These figures are net i.e. the totally money spent on buying players minus money received for selling players

Chelsea £342m
Liverpool £179m
Manure £160
Newcastle £142
Spurs £117m
Arsenal £57m

Bargains

Adebayor Arsenal £3m
Eboube Arsenal £1m
Flaminin Arsenal £1m
RVP Arsenal £2.75m
Clichy Arsenal £0.25m
Toure Arsenal £0.15m  :o
Pettit Arsenal £2.5m
Anelka Arsenal £0.5m
Vieria Arsenal £3.5m
Tore-Andre Flo Chelsea £0.3m
Guillit Chelsea Free
Zola Chelsea £4.5m
Jari Litmanen Liverpool Free
Arbeloa Liverpool £2.6m
Cantona MU £1.2m
OGS MU £1.5m
Mikel Obi MU £4m
Solano NC £2.5m
Given NC £1.5m
Ginola NC £2.5m
Albert NC £2.6m
Lennon Spuds £1m
Carrick Spuds £2.75m
Ginola Spuds £2m

Terrible Value for Money

Reyes  Arsenal £13m
Wright Arsenal £6m
Jeffers Arsenal £8m
Platt Arsenal £4.75m
Shevchenko Chelsea £30m
Mikel Obi Chelsea £16m
Wright-Philips Chelsea £21m
Ferreria Chelsea £13m
Parker Chelsea £10m
Veron Chelsea £15m
Mutu Chelsea £15m
Crespo Chelsea £17m
Hasselbaink Chelsea £15m
Sutton Chelsea £10m
Lucas Liverpool £8m
Kuyt Liverpool £9m
Bellamy Liverpool £8m
Gonzalez Liverpool £4.5m
Morientes Liverpool £6.3m
Cisse Liverpool £14m
Diouf Liverpool £11m
Kirkland Liverpool £6m
Collymore Liverpool £8.5m
Nani MU £13.5m
Hargreaves MU £17m
Carrick MU £14m
Smith MU £7m
Saha MU £13m
Ferdinand MU £30m
Veron MU £28m
Taibi MU £4.5m
Smith NC £6m
Luque NC £9.5m
Parker NC £8.5m
Boumsong NC £8m
Woodgate NC £9m
Viana NC £8m
Bellamy NC £6m
Cort NC £7m
Bent Spuds £16.5m
Postiga Spuds £6.25m
Richards Spuds £8m
Rebrov Spuds £8m

Wenger is has bought some mules but his bargain hunting is second to none......

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

QuoteLiverpool £179m

And there you have it. It gives lie to the fact that Liverpool don't/didn't have money to buy players, it's the players they are buying. Some of the duds they've bought would make you tear your hair out. Having said that I think it's a bit harsh to label Lucas as terrible value for money just yet. He's still only a young lad. Diouf and Cisse would be the two that jump out at me.

Lucas Liverpool £8m
Kuyt Liverpool £9m
Bellamy Liverpool £8m
Gonzalez Liverpool £4.5m
Morientes Liverpool £6.3m
Cisse Liverpool £14m
Diouf Liverpool £11m
Kirkland Liverpool £6m
Collymore Liverpool £8.5m

magpie seanie

A certain Roy Keane at a mere £3.5m must surely go down as a great bit of business by United?

Billys Boots

FFS, Toure is the bargain of all time, followed closely by Clichy.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

QuoteA certain Roy Keane at a mere £3.5m must surely go down as a great bit of business by United?

I was going to include him Seanie but at £3.75m he was a record transfer so was trying to keep it in perspective somewhat but a fantastic buy none the less.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Is this your list Dinny? Or did you pull it from somewhere?

Great Leap Forward

I take it the list of hits and misses just include the six teams mentioned at the top of the thread.

Surely Tim Cahill has to be included in the list of bargains.

£1.5m and averages 10 goals a season from midfield.

GaillimhIarthair

Cantona at £1.2M must be the best piece of business here.  Was the catalyst for much of Uniteds success in the early to mid nineties and to be honest they haven't looked back since.  He never really cut it in Europe for Utd but he was a steal from Leeds at the time and hard to believe they actually sold him for that price considering the influence he had on their '92 league winning side.    

Dinny Breen

QuoteIs this your list Dinny? Or did you pull it from somewhere?

Ha! I  have a life, I  got the stats of a mate of mine in an email.  PM your email and I'll send it on, I have an email address belonged to you but that might have changed.

GLF,

Yea sorry it only includes those 6 teams, Tim Cahill is a fantastic buy at that price.

#newbridgeornowhere

An Fear Rua

Just after Keane and Shearer went the transfer market went crazy, Norwich were selling Sutton and decided to have an auction, Hence Blackburn payed 5million for him! That led to the beginning iof the madness.

Dinny why did you decide to look like a child by typing "manure"? Why not Murderes, Arseholes, chavski?
Grow up lad
Its Grim up North

Billys Boots

Quotehard to believe they actually sold him for that price considering the influence he had on their '92 league winning side

Two words - Lesley Ash.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Minder

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 15, 2008, 12:14:04 PM
Cantona at £1.2M must be the best piece of business here.  Was the catalyst for much of Uniteds success in the early to mid nineties and to be honest they haven't looked back since.  He never really cut it in Europe for Utd but he was a steal from Leeds at the time and hard to believe they actually sold him for that price considering the influence he had on their '92 league winning side.    

His influence wouldnt have been helping due to the fact he was "allegedley" banging Lee Chapmans missus
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

An Fear Rua

BAD VALUE -Id disagree with the following. Depends on how you interpret value, the fee or what you got from them/potential

Wright-Philips Chelsea £21m - Having a storming season so far, now he is in the team.

Mutu Chelsea £15m - Was playing well, and would have continued before he got caught. I dont think his tranfer fee was bad value.
Nani MU £13.5m - Only a kid, cost the same as Ronaldo did, and haveing a very similar first season, and ar egular in Portugal Squads.
Hargreaves MU £17m - Bayern regular, euro cup winner , aggressive, fast and clever player, Utd have seen enouygh of him this season due to iinjury, his pedigree is in no doubt, how can he be judged on half a first season in the premiership.
Carrick MU £14m - Overpriced due to english market, regular for united last season in a championship winning side, numerous excellent performances again this season, most recently againt the Geordies.
Ferdinand MU £30m - overpriced, but a great talent even if he is a knob. Averaged out over his utd career, easily worth it.
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

More good value

Dennis Irwin 1.5 mil from Oldham
Steve Bruce £825,000 from Norwich
Gary Pallister £2.3 Mil from Boro
Its Grim up North

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Minder on January 15, 2008, 12:23:11 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 15, 2008, 12:14:04 PM

His influence wouldnt have been helping due to the fact he was "allegedley" banging Lee Chapmans missus
Must be why she developed the 'trout pout' after he departed  :D

He was still a bargain though..........