Louis Theroux in San Quentin Prison

Started by amallon, January 14, 2008, 05:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Anyone see this last night?  A scary place full of scary people a lot of whom are totally institutionalised and can't function on the outside.   
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

nifan

a strange place all right.

The guy formerly of the "nazi low riders" with his jewish boyfriend :o

ziggysego

Yeah, saw it too.

Jeezs, there's some screwed up characters.
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Quote from: ziggysego on January 14, 2008, 05:34:29 PM
Yeah, saw it too.

Jeezs, there's some screwed up characters.

Some of the prisoners were a bit odd too.

amallon

I thought method of send messages between the cells was class.  How the hell were they doing that?  Why did the guards not do anything to stop it when its against the rules? 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

ziggysego

Quote from: amallon on January 14, 2008, 07:12:14 PM
Why did the guards not do anything to stop it when its against the rules? 

Louis asked are they allowed to do it in front of them. The guard said no. Louis asked why they were doing it then, to which the guard replied, "Because you're here".
Testing Accessibility

Minder

You can say what you want about the yanks but they know how to dish out the sentences, that fella was doing 500 years and 11 life sentences for "multiple home invasions with torture tactics". No oul bullshit 15 year sentences for murder over there.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

full back

Yer boy who had just arrived for a 50 year stretch & life, who reckoned he was innocent  ::)
Why the fcuk he was smirking I will never know.

ONeill

Quote from: amallon on January 14, 2008, 07:12:14 PM
I thought method of send messages between the cells was class.  How the hell were they doing that?  Why did the guards not do anything to stop it when its against the rules? 

They'd been doing that in Long Kesh 30 yrs ago, though here the method was even more ingenious.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: Minder on January 14, 2008, 08:25:58 PM
You can say what you want about the yanks but they know how to dish out the sentences, that fella was doing 500 years and 11 life sentences for "multiple home invasions with torture tactics". No oul bullshit 15 year sentences for murder over there.

Dead right they are too. If you feck about over here you get nailed to the mast and so you should.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Chrisowc

If the torture tactics guy was from here they'd have him swimming with dolphins!
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

imtommygunn

I missed this but wanted to see it.

Anyone know if this is being rerun on bbc three or the like at any stage?

screenexile

It's on the BBC's new iPlayer jobby... excellent show and the way Louis interviews people is amazing, he plays as if he's really stupid and seems to make everyone who talks to him feel at ease. It's great to watch!

BBC Louis Theroux

passedit

Don't Panic