Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on January 14, 2008, 10:06:27 AM
Delighted to see Newcastle get a hammering..if ever a club deserves to get relegated it has to be them.

Why? I always kind of liked Newcastle. They've great fans & are normally good to watch! - They've had horrible owners though - Freddie Shepard used to make me sick!

Neve rliked Shearer either...

Maximus Marillius

any club who has went through managers the way they have deserve all the shit that is coming their way. I was reading fergies commenst about how many managers they have had and the big names managers who have all had success else where either ass players or managers and none of them bar Keegan was given any real time to bulid a team. fergie was four years with UTD I think before he won something.

new devil

Never liked shearer either....bet he regrets not coming to us ;)

Minder

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 14, 2008, 10:10:50 AM
Delighted to see Newcastle get a hammering..if ever a club deserves to get relegated it has to be them.

Why? I always kind of liked Newcastle. They've great fans & are normally good to watch! - They've had horrible owners though - Freddie Shepard used to make me sick!

You have got to be joking, before Keegan came in 1992 their average home attendance was around 15,000. "Where were you when you were s*it" as the chant goes.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Minder on January 14, 2008, 10:22:06 AM

You have got to be joking, before Keegan came in 1992 their average home attendance was around 15,000. "Where were you when you were s*it" as the chant goes.........

They were in the 2nd division, Britain was in the midst of recession & St James was a sh!te hole before it's redevelopment!! Also the city is on par (population wise) of Belfast...

Minder

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 14, 2008, 10:55:20 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 14, 2008, 10:22:06 AM

They were in the 2nd division, Britain was in the midst of recession & St James was a sh!te hole before it's redevelopment!! Also the city is on par (population wise) of Belfast...

Man City were in the 3rd tier of English Football a few years back and were still getting 35,000. Wasnt it strange for Keegans first game there were 30,000 and the attendances went steadily up as they became more successful........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Goats Do Shave

An Fear Rua

The Twins arrive on Monday - heres hoping it works out
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

The Calypso will be on the right of the picture

THE Busby Babes' final line-up before the Munich disaster has been given pride of place at Old Trafford.

As a tribute to the team torn apart so tragically 50 years ago, a huge picture of the XI lining up before the European Cup quarter-final 3-3 draw with Red Star Belgrade, 24 hours before the air crash, now graces the stadium.

The portrait, that includes victims Duncan Edwards, Eddie Colman, Mark Jones, Tommy Taylor and Roger Byrne, is spread across the glass frontage of Old Trafford above the statue of Sir Matt Busby.

It will inspire memories of an irreplacable set of players.
Its Grim up North

magpie seanie

Great stuff.

I wonder who got the job of explaining to the Glazers who those guys were.

An Fear Rua

well it wont have been the lads who "re-decorated" David Gills house last night.

If nothing appears on the web , ill nip down to OT this afternoon and get a pic of the completed pic.
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

Fair play, it looks well. That was an awful waste of talent. RIP to them all, 50 years later.

AZOffaly

Is Liam Whelan in that photo? He was a friend of mine's uncle. The family used to get great treatment at old Trafford every time they went over.

Uladh

Duncan Edwards, whatever about his talent, was one big MF.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 18, 2008, 12:05:59 PM
Is Liam Whelan in that photo? He was a friend of mine's uncle. The family used to get great treatment at old Trafford every time they went over.

From left to right: Edwards, Colman, Jones, Morgans, Charlton, Viollet, Taylor, Foulkes, Gregg, Scanlon, Byrne.
Its Grim up North