Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inisceithleann

Quote from: FermPundit on December 29, 2007, 05:23:45 PM
This is the most open title race in years. Any of the top 8 or so sides are capable of beating each other. United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are dropping points on a regular basis. This one is going right down to the wire!

Why Fergie decided to rest Rooney today with a home tie against Birmingham City on New Year's day. Strange!

No point having a squad if you don't use it. Fergie has always rested players at this time of year, and he's a man that is very hard to criticise.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

inisceithleann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 29, 2007, 05:25:31 PM
Quote from: inisceithleann on December 29, 2007, 05:19:01 PM
It may still be, neither Liverpool nor Chelsea have United's consistency (granted today was a blip). Benitez' record against the other top 3 is shocking, and I'm afraid that will be their downfall yet again.

Your right it may still be but saying it is at this time of the year with half the games still left to play is ridiculous in my opinion

Agreed, who knows what will happen. Fergie has always maintained that the league is won and lost in March and April.

Carmen Stateside

At least Tevez didnt have to celebrate in front of the West Ham fans! :D

new devil

Quote from: inisceithleann on December 29, 2007, 05:25:49 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on December 29, 2007, 05:23:45 PM
This is the most open title race in years. Any of the top 8 or so sides are capable of beating each other. United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are dropping points on a regular basis. This one is going right down to the wire!

Why Fergie decided to rest Rooney today with a home tie against Birmingham City on New Year's day. Strange!

No point having a squad if you don't use it. Fergie has always rested players at this time of year, and he's a man that is very hard to criticise.

I didn't say it was a 2 horse race....but no one outside United and Arsenal will win it  ;) ;)

Rooney picked up a knock in training thats why he wasn't training

FermPundit

I stand to be corrected here but I think this is the first time in the Premier League that United have been beaten 3 times in a row by the same opposition.

17/12/2006  West Ham 1 - 0 Man Utd
13/05/2007  Man Utd 0 - 1 West Ham
29/12/2007  West Ham 2 - 1 Man Utd
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Minder

Quote from: inisceithleann on December 29, 2007, 05:19:01 PM
It may still be, neither Liverpool nor Chelsea have United's consistency (granted today was a blip). Benitez' record against the other top 3 is shocking, and I'm afraid that will be their downfall yet again.

Bolton a couple of weeks ago was a blip too? These blips are becoming quite common.....
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Just wondering why does the portugese fella Querioz always talk to BBC and Fergie doesent?

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on December 30, 2007, 02:24:31 AM
Far easier to understand and he doesn't have a big alcoholic's face.

Fergie is supposed to be a while man for the drink.

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on December 30, 2007, 02:22:27 AM
Just wondering why does the portugese fella Querioz always talk to BBC and Fergie doesent?

Fergie fell out with the BBC over years ago - http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2162987,00.html
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

How come when Benitez "rotates" the squad the whole media are up in arms about it - but when old whiskey nose does it - not  an eyelid is bashed about it

and he's done it 3 times this year - all resulting in the 3 league defeats you've had

southdown

Heading over to the Lyon game on 4th March, does anyone know if tickets will be hard to come by?

inisceithleann

Quote from: southdown on December 30, 2007, 10:45:35 AM
Heading over to the Lyon game on 4th March, does anyone know if tickets will be hard to come by?

Tickets shoudn't be that difficult to get, just make sure you apply early, but not sure when the earliest it is that tickets can be applied for on One United. Remember that season ticket holders must buy all cup games, or they lose their season ticket. This will make tickets a wee bit more difficult to come by.

FermPundit

Quote from: inisceithleann on December 30, 2007, 10:51:17 AM
Quote from: southdown on December 30, 2007, 10:45:35 AM

Tickets shoudn't be that difficult to get, just make sure you apply early, but not sure when the earliest it is that tickets can be applied for on One United. Remember that season ticket holders must buy all cup games, or they lose their season ticket. This will make tickets a wee bit more difficult to come by.

Keep an eye on the United website. As of the 20th December the ticket prices for the first knockout stage were announced but no info yet regarding ticket sales. As long as you're a one united member and you apply early you should get a ticket no problem. Most of the European home group games went on general sale this season but there's no guarantee the same will apply in the knock out stages.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Over the Bar

QuoteHow come when Benitez "rotates" the squad the whole media are up in arms about it - but when old whiskey nose does it - not  an eyelid is bashed about it

and he's done it 3 times this year - all resulting in the 3 league defeats you've had

Probably cos old whiskey nose is still in the premiership hunt and will more than likely win it.  ;)

new devil

Plus no one has any right to question sir Alex with his record of winning trophies.....unlike the fat Waiter