The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has a suffered a setback in his recovery from a metatarsal injury.

The Danish international has been out since September, with the problem restricting him to just five appearances in the Premier League this season.

Agger was due to play for Liverpool's reserves last week but saw the game cancelled due to bad weather, and has now suffered a recurrence of the original injury during training.

It is unclear at present how long the defender will be sidelined for but Rafa Benitez is not expecting to be able to call on his services for the rest of the month.

Bad news

"We've had some bad news in that Agger has the same problem again," the Spaniard told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"He was training and ready to play but yesterday (Sunday) in training he felt something, so we need to go back and start from the beginning.

"It's not easy to say when he will be back. He is going to see different surgeons and then we will be able to analyse the situation."

Aurelio back

Agger remains the only doubt for Benitez going into Tuesday's FA Cup replay with Luton and the Spaniard will have other players back in contention.

"Fabio Aurelio is fit again and the other players are available," he said.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 14, 2008, 02:47:49 PM
Next season's home shirt apparently

Another Euro one

How many different photoshop versions did we get the last time before the official unveiling? :)

Gabriel_Hurl

345 - I got it right in the end though  ;)

Against the Breeze

Was there else trying to get tickets today?

an absolute shambles if i ever seen one.  I think it is a disgrace.. have being trying on the phones all day and not one thing yet there is people i know over in liverpool, they got through time after time all be it waiting a wee while!

The Real Laoislad

CARRA CAPTAINS REDS V LUTON

Jamie Carragher will captain Liverpool as he makes his 500th appearance for the club in tonight's FA Cup 3rd Round replay against Luton Town at Anfield. 
Regular skipper Steven Gerrard obviously holds Carra in as high esteem as the Reds faithful because it was at his request that Rafa has chosen to mark his landmark night with this honour.

Rafa Benitez has named a strong Reds line up, with Gerrard and Alonso in midfield and Peter Crouch partnered with 17 goal Fernando Torres in attack.

Liverpool - Itandje, Hyypia, Riise, Gerrard, Torres, Alonso, Crouch, Pennant, Arbeloa, Babel, Carragher.
Subs - Martin, Kewell, Aurelio, Kuyt, Lucas. 
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

BENITEZ TO JOIN GUARD OF HONOUR

Rafa Benitez will pay tribute to Jamie Carragher by joining his players in a guard of honour ahead of the defender's 500th appearance tonight. 
The Liverpool boss said: "It is my idea to join the players on the pitch before the game because to play 500 games for one club is a fantastic achievement."

Liverpoolfc.tv yesterday revealed that Carra will also be handed the captaincy against Luton at the request of friend Steven Gerrard.

The decision was a no-brainer for Benitez, who has witnessed Carra develop into one of Europe's top centre-backs during his three-and-a-half year tenure.

He said: "We always knew that he was a good player because when we played against Liverpool with Valencia we were checking on them and it was clear that he was a good player.

"I saw him playing in a lot of different positions in defence and he did well in all of them.

"But really you know the players best when you have worked with them because you get to know the mentality and the character and I now know how good Carra is.

"To play 500 games in your career is one thing, but to play them for just one team – to whom you give so much passion and so much determination – is even more special.

"It is really difficult to find players like this in the modern game."

Benitez could not wish for a better role model for the current crop of youngsters in the Academy, with Carra offering 11 years of service to his hometown club.

And the Reds boss believes the best may still be to come from Carragher.

"In football it is very important for clubs to have people coming through the academy, especially local players, so hopefully the young players at Liverpool will learn from Carra," he said.

"He is very professional and he always takes care of himself and I think that has made a big difference to him.

"Sometimes you have players who have a lot of passion but they are not as good professionals as Carra but he can play for a long time because he is always taking care of himself.

"He is still learning as well, especially tactically.

"He is at that age where he has experience and because of that he analyses everything and because of that he learns more all the time.

"That is the reason why he is still improving and in one or two years' time he will not need to be so physical because he has learned the movements and the positions – maybe he will learn the positions before so he doesn't need to go and run, he will be there."

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Could have had two by now..Once again our finishing is off
But by the looks of things in the first ten mins we should be able score 3 or 4 tonight as the chances will be there but it's a matter of finishing them off
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Looking at that line-up even Rafa believes the league is over.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gabriel_Hurl

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

Chrisowc

I thought Crouchie had done a Phil Babb there :o
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Gabriel_Hurl

there's the 3rd

and 4th

Over the Bar

rafa's job safe for another week by the looks of it.  great stuff! ;)

Gabriel_Hurl

Minder

Was listening to the radio earlier and they were in and around Anfield asking locals did they back "Boss or board".....One cheeky chappie reckoned he backed the board and we needed a "local lad to do it, someone like John Aldridge".......The knowledgeable Kop indeed.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"