2019 Joe McDonagh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, March 10, 2019, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Bruce if we get to the final you should fly over and make a holiday of it.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Laois Rising on May 16, 2019, 03:04:51 PM
It was because the game would have to start at 11.30am for rte to show it live. Munster final at 2pm and Leinster final at 4pm. With the possibility of the game going to extra time it would mean a ridiculously early throw in time. As far as I am aware, TG4 will be showing coverage of the final at 2pm coinciding with the Munster Final.
Fair enough.
I do hope TG4 will be covering it.

Thanks, Laois Rising.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: redsetanta on May 16, 2019, 04:05:22 PM
Bruce if we get to the final you should fly over and make a holiday of it.
god, that would be fantastic.
Unfortunately, we've be hammered with a number of mishaps, this year, that have drained our vacation fund.
When Laois are in the Leinster Final, in a year or two, we should be ready to head back there.  ;)
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

blueandwhite1

Another big match tomorrow. Antrim had a huge win in the first round. Win this and we will probably qualify for the final if we win one out of our last two. Should be a good crowd given the result last week in Tullamore.

Any news on injuries or the team?

MasterJ

Eddie has named the same starting fifteen for Antrim match tomorrow as he did for Offaly game last weekend.
1. Enda Rowland
2. Donnacha Hartnett
3. Matt Whelan
4. Joe Phelan
5.Padraig Delaney
6. Ryan Mullaney
7. Lee Cleere
8. John Lennon
9. Jack Kelly
10. Charles Dwyer
11. Willie Dunphy
12. Paddy Purcell
13. Mark Kavanagh
14. Eanna Lyons
15. Ross King

MasterJ

You can get it on Laois GAA on Twitter.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: MasterJ on May 17, 2019, 08:20:27 AM
Eddie has named the same starting fifteen for Antrim match tomorrow as he did for Offaly game last weekend.
1. Enda Rowland
2. Donnacha Hartnett
3. Matt Whelan
4. Joe Phelan
5.Padraig Delaney
6. Ryan Mullaney
7. Lee Cleere
8. John Lennon
9. Jack Kelly
10. Charles Dwyer
11. Willie Dunphy
12. Paddy Purcell
13. Mark Kavanagh
14. Eanna Lyons
15. Ross King

If everyone is fit, hard to see how he would make changes. Was sceptical about one or two of the forward decisions last week but hard to argue with it this week after last week's performances. Looking forward to it. Antrim will give nothing easy.

G@@

Great result. Hat tip to Rowland who was excellent in between the posts this afternoon. First touch from Laois was fantastic and to see our forwards harassing the Antrim backs was brilliant.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Chrimtain

I don't watch the hurlers much, but I enjoyed that today. Some great scores taken. It looks like Westmeath will be the main threat now.

burdizzo

Yeah, you'd wonder - did Offaly put all their effort into the Laois match, and once they lost that, they're just flat? But Westmeath are definitely on the up, and they beat us underage with this bunch, too, so they'll have no fear of us at all.
Anyway, good to see such a professional job done today. It was in the bag at half-time - even with the wind, Antrim weren't going to overturn a 10 point deficit - but it was nice to see them so steady and composed to see out the game. Yes, Rowland was in excellent form, but he'll be disappointed with a couple of his puck outs. Good to see Jack Kelly back on song, and a good game from Cha, too. Keep the composure for the Kerry game, and we'll through to the final.
Well done all!

Mossy Bruce

I am hoping today, at Mullingar, was a case of Offaly playing extra poorly (compared to last Saturday) than a Westmeath team playing extra sharp.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

G@@

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on May 18, 2019, 09:06:02 PM
I am hoping today, at Mullingar, was a case of Offaly playing extra poorly (compared to last Saturday) than a Westmeath team playing extra sharp.

Westmeath are on an upward curve all right. But Offaly and Laois are a rivalry so the sight of a Laois jersey in Tullamore revved up the Offaly men last day out. Reading elsewhere there seems to be a bit of trouble in the Offaly camp and today's result in Mullingar isn't all that surprising.

Westmeath have to travel up north on June 8th to face Antrim who will have met Offaly the week before in Tullamore. Should Antrim beat Offaly, I'd imagine there would be some bite in the Westmeath V Antrim game on June 8th to see who joins Laois in the final (if we beat Kerry in Tralee that is).

I'd imagine the Laois V Westmeath game on June 15th would be a dead rubber if Westmeath coast past Antrim.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

G@@

Buff Egan has a good bit of scoring coverage from today's match on Snapchat.

zoner

Where's Picky these days? Injured?

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: G@@ on May 18, 2019, 10:23:07 PM
Buff Egan has a good bit of scoring coverage from today's match on Snapchat.
I don't have Snapchat but it might be time to sign up for it. Thanks, G@@!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!