The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

I recall being ridiculed by the likes of JoG2 for daring to suggest Klopp wasn't doing a good job at Liverpool, and that he isn't a very good manager.

All gone eerily quiet on that front from some quarters lol.

winghalfun

QuoteManager and player have a spat mid battle shocker and the dressing room is lost... You're a poster boy for Sky Sports!

Doesn't happen that often Jog2 and certainly not with a team that has cohesion. That aside what I don't get is (and we all agree how predictable things are becoming) why there is no alternative plan B to teams that set up two banks of 4 and just play on the break. I don't know the answer but you would expect top class mangers to have one.

J70

Quote from: winghalfun on February 04, 2017, 07:26:51 PM
QuoteManager and player have a spat mid battle shocker and the dressing room is lost... You're a poster boy for Sky Sports!

Doesn't happen that often Jog2 and certainly not with a team that has cohesion. That aside what I don't get is (and we all agree how predictable things are becoming) why there is no alternative plan B to teams that set up two banks of 4 and just play on the break. I don't know the answer but you would expect top class mangers to have one.

The answer is to play the way they did earlier in the season i.e. lots of quick movement and interchanging and one touch football. Plenty of teams parked the bus in the first half of the season, but Liverpool took care of most of them. Right now, Firmino is off form, Coutinho is finding his touch, and everything is too laboured and slow. The squad needs to be strengthened so that off-form players can be rested and injured players replaced.

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on February 04, 2017, 06:57:11 PM
Ouch! Didn't see any of it,  but the poor run continues.  Have every faith Klopp will turn things around and Liverpool will finish 2nd

If Clare turn Derry over tomorrow,  I'm taking a sabbatical from sport!

Quote from: winghalfun on February 04, 2017, 05:18:57 PM
Following the match on 5Live and BBC Live reporting. "Milner blasts one over. Kloop shouts something out to Milner. Milner shouts something back. Liverpool dressing room will be lively after the match."

I have a feeling the proverbial dressing room has been lost which is usually the death knell for any manager.

Manager and player have a spat mid battle shocker and the dressing room is lost... You're a poster boy for Sky Sports!
Not so sure they will finish 2nd.. top 4 still there but they need to get their shit together pronto. I'm hoping the other clubs being involved in Europe will benefit Liverpool and the longer all of them stay in the better. Obviously if Liverpool continue losing it won't matter the other results!

On Milner. He has done a fantastic job in a position he isn't used to. His form has dropped a bit of late though.

I've every faith in Klopp, and I hope he is at Liverpool for a long time. He shouldn't be beyond criticism though. It is strange that he doesn't seem to be able come up with a solution to teams packing their defence. The last half dozen games apart from Chelsea have all been an exact replica of each other. I also think he should have added to the squad in January and even during the summer last year.  There should have been cover for the likes of Milner. Also Firmino needs to be dropped IMO but who do you replace him with?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 04, 2017, 05:42:55 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on February 04, 2017, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: GJL on February 04, 2017, 05:23:26 PM
Never worry lads. Mane will sort it when he arrives back....

Maybe he should change his name and come back under another name like you did after makin such a tit of yourself repeatedly you stupid fuckin gobshite. Only the Stallion betters you on here. And StGalls. And over/under the bar. Now i think of it theres quite a few but ive made my point  ;D #0 3 arena
raging much....

Not at all lad. Yer man just makes me lol. Funny enough havent seen much of you on here in a while either  ;D

winghalfun

QuoteThe answer is to play the way they did earlier in the season i.e. lots of quick movement and interchanging and one touch football. Plenty of teams parked the bus in the first half of the season, but Liverpool took care of most of them. Right now, Firmino is off form, Coutinho is finding his touch, and everything is too laboured and slow. The squad needs to be strengthened so that off-form players can be rested and injured players replaced.

Not sure I would agree with you J70. I dont believe teams defended with such numbers and intensity in the early season games. Liverpool still have a good nucleas of a team and still capable of top four but they really do need to find an alternative way of playing or they will lose many more games like this.

rodney trotter

Klopp hasn't improved the Liverpool defence. It was bad under Rodgers, and still bad. Matip and Klavan hardly improvements.

Spurs most likely team to finish second.

Boycey

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 04, 2017, 07:51:34 PM
Klopp hasn't improved the Liverpool defence. It was bad under Rodgers, and still bad. Matip and Klavan hardly improvements.

Spurs most likely team to finish second.

I'd reckon Chelsea, Spurs and City IF they get their fingers out will get 3 of 4 CL spots leaving Pool, Utd and Arse for one spot

manfromdelmonte

Minus15

The first match I have missed this season today so cannot really comment. The form is worrying.

J70

Quote from: Minus15 on February 04, 2017, 10:31:48 PM
The first match I have missed this season today so cannot really comment. The form is worrying.

If you saw the last few, this was no different. Tonnes of possession and passing around the edge of the box, only a few decent chances, including a horrible miss from Coutinho, vulnerable on the break and poor goals conceded.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minus15 on February 04, 2017, 10:31:48 PM

On now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Seen a stat earlier that in 2017 it is P10 W1 D4 L5. That's f**king brutal.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 04, 2017, 11:09:21 PM
A couple of posters on here have consistently called out the Klopp
deficiencies. Those guys are on the right track.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 04, 2017, 11:23:07 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 04, 2017, 11:09:21 PM
A couple of posters on here have consistently called out the Klopp
deficiencies. Those guys are on the right track.

Probably won't know for a year or two, it's all about opinions

Sure didn't someone say on United thread the other day Mourinho was doing a "remarkable job".
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come