American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Bill Bellichick isnt renowned for his manners juice. Hes a great coach, but hes not a nice man by all accounts. He would have had the same reaction before the cheating scandal.

Yesterday however was the first time Ive seen him not wearing that grey hooded sweatshirt.

Gabriel_Hurl

GalwayBayBoy

Big win for the Pats last night especially as if both teams keep winning it could mean they have home-field advantage when they most likely play the Colts again in AFC championship game on January 20.

For most the game the Colts were the ones making the running but the Pats hung in there and when they got the scent of blood in the 4th quarter they were brutally efficient in closing the game out. The Colts had enough of the game though that will make them believe they can beat the Patriots but it won't be easy if they have to travel to Boston to do it.

Balboa

I dont tknow if it is going to be the procession to the Super Bowl for the Patriots that people think. Indy are not too far away from them and will have a fully fit Marvin Harrison to come back. As for Bellichick, i think he is just a grumpy f*cker with everyone.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Pats will lose their next game - mark my words

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 05, 2007, 04:07:29 PM
The Pats will lose their next game - mark my words

At the Bills? I don't see it but you never know.

QuoteI dont tknow if it is going to be the procession to the Super Bowl for the Patriots that people think. Indy are not too far away from them and will have a fully fit Marvin Harrison to come back. As for Bellichick, i think he is just a grumpy f*cker with everyone.

I can't see anyone other than the Colts beating the Pats to be honest and now they may well have to go and do it in Boston as well. They could still do it though.

The Cowboys look pretty good but they are not at the level of the other two just yet.

AZOffaly

I thought the Colts would win a tight game, and it looked as if I was going to be right for a long time. That was a crucial one for the Pats to pull out though. As mentioned, they should get home field for the playoffs now, I can't see them losing twice between now and week 17. They'd have to do that and the Colts win out for the Colts to have the home field because of the head to head tiebreaker.

Marvin Harrison would have made a difference there last night, the Colts were in scoring range a few times where another WR threat would have been a big help. Gonzalez getting banged up early didn't help matters either. The Patriots are a class act though in fairness, at least on the field. Between Maroney, Falk, Watson, Moss and Welker they have a pile of weapons. Wes Welker reminds me of Wayne Chrebet of the Jets a few years ago. Underrated but lethal at getting the important catches. He's a great runner as well though.

Last night could have been a seminal moment in the destination of the Superbowl I think. If the Patriots do keep winning, I can't see anyone going to Foxboro and beating them.

Gabriel_Hurl

the big question is - who is the sacrificial lamb coming out of the NFC to play them in the Superbowl?

Cowboys? Giants? Packers?

Puckoon

I hope its the packers, and I hope by some miracle of fate that favre throws a bomb in the last minute of regulation for a packers come from behind win! :o

The Iceman

I'm an Eagles fan - they are crap this year but I am still an Eagles fan - T.O's TD celebration had me screaming at the TV last night!
Pats had a great win, tough physical game - great to watch Brady v Manning.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 05, 2007, 04:57:44 PM
the big question is - who is the sacrificial lamb coming out of the NFC to play them in the Superbowl?

Cowboys? Giants? Packers?

I'd say it will be the Cowboys.  Dont rate the Giants, they lost to both the Cowboys and the Packers and who of any worth have they beaten? Redskins, Eagles, Jets, Falcons, 49ers and phins.  None of those teams are having much of a season other than maybe the 'skins.  Still not sure about the Packers either.  Saints seem to be back on form with four straight wins but I still think it will be the Cowboys.  Dosnt really matter though, no team in the NFC are anywhere close to the top two in the AFC.

magickingdom

Quote from: thejuice on November 04, 2007, 08:23:51 PM
Record 109 yard touchdown run, San Diego on a Short Field Goal. Ridiculous catch at the back of the End Zone. 14-14 vs Vikings. Damn good game. Adrian Peterson is fantastic. Hope he's on your fantasy team. Vikes QB Jackson out of the game with concussion. Went in hard on a scramble instead of sliding.

In other news the Irish American Football League is hoping to have 12 fully kitted teams competing next season. compared to last years nine. Game is growing and growing in Ireland. Get into it!!

www.irish-american-football.org

anyone got a link to a clip of that? havent been able to find it anywhere...

Gabriel_Hurl

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: thejuice on November 04, 2007, 08:23:51 PM
Record 109 yard touchdown run, San Diego on a Short Field Goal. Ridiculous catch at the back of the End Zone. 14-14 vs Vikings. Damn good game. Adrian Peterson is fantastic. Hope he's on your fantasy team. Vikes QB Jackson out of the game with concussion. Went in hard on a scramble instead of sliding.

In other news the Irish American Football League is hoping to have 12 fully kitted teams competing next season. compared to last years nine. Game is growing and growing in Ireland. Get into it!!

www.irish-american-football.org

thejuice, are you involved in this, do you play yourself?  Seems interesting.