We need to talk about Stephen Cluxton

Started by highorlow, July 16, 2017, 07:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

From the Bunker

I have to say Cluxton seems to get most things correct both on and off the field. He is not a natural people person and he shuns the camera. He just gets on with it! As goes with the high pressures of Inter-county football, he has had a few wobbles here and there. But that is life and his successes have well out weighed these/those. Opening a Topic on him is a bit of a waste of time. We know his value and just leaves the topic open to rubbish remarks (and images - I hold my hand up!!).

This is Cluxton after losing an AI semi final!

rrhf

Was there an issue with dubs forwards sledging and pointing at the scoreboard in a game a few years ago.

ONeill

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 21, 2017, 11:07:38 PM
I have to say Cluxton seems to get most things correct both on and off the field.

Do you have to say it and is that an achievement?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on July 22, 2017, 12:24:34 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 21, 2017, 11:07:38 PM
I have to say Cluxton seems to get most things correct both on and off the field.

Do you have to say it and is that an achievement?

Cluxton seems to get most things correct both on and off the field - Happy?

Gael85

Stephen Cluxton will make history on Sunday and play 100th Championship game.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Gael85 on June 04, 2019, 07:45:01 PM

No point mentioning it, hes not rated by many on here.

To me, probably the greatest keeper and one of the great GAA players of all time in overall terms, ability, leadership, longevity, game smarts and silverware.

johnnycool

Quote from: TheGreatest on June 05, 2019, 12:28:57 PM

No point mentioning it, hes not rated by many on here.

To me, probably the greatest keeper and one of the great GAA players of all time in overall terms, ability, leadership, longevity, game smarts and silverware.

Not a dub but he's some spud for this alone;

macdanger2

Legend of the game tbf, hard to believe he doesn't have a FOTY award although I'm sure his 7 (?) all Irelands are a consolation to him

rrhf

If it's true that he's retiring after the 5-in-a-row then a number of things need acknowledged. The greatest keeper of all time and the man who lead a leaderless Dublin team to 7 all Ireland's.. 

rrhf

Quote from: rrhf on June 06, 2019, 09:57:01 PM
If it's true that he's retiring after the 5-in-a-row then a number of things need acknowledged. The greatest keeper of all time and the man who lead a leaderless Dublin team to 7 all Ireland's..
i think not only is he the greatest Dublin goalkeeper of all time, I think he is the greatest Dublin footballer of all time..

imtommygunn

He's changed the face of the game with his kick outs and the realisation by teams of how influential a good kick out strategy can be.

Two most influential players in that regard this century imo him and Dooher.

Cunny Funt

Hard to believe its 2013 since his last All star.

weareros

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 06, 2019, 10:14:21 PM
Hard to believe its 2013 since his last All star.

Are they picked by Irish GAA journalists? If so, then not hard to believe. A more vacuous lot you could not come across.

Gael85

This day 19 years ago the great Stephen Cluxton made his Dublin debut in Leinster championship against Longford in Croke Park in 2001. Stephen has made a record breaking 106 championship appearances. He has also played a further 104 league games making league debut against Donegal in February 02.

Stephen Cluxtons honours
7 All Irelands(Captain for 6 AI titles)
5 National Leagues
15 Leinsters
1 Leinster minor
1 Leinster u21
1 Sigerson Cup
Footballer of the Year
6 All Stars
106 championship appearances
48 championship points
60 championship clean sheets