Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I've been around long enough to know that every now and then we get a tanking, it's been a while but at this level we've done well enough in most games these last 2 seasons, I'll not get too concerned about this result.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2022, 04:24:37 PM
I've been around long enough to know that every now and then we get a tanking, it's been a while but at this level we've done well enough in most games these last 2 seasons, I'll not get too concerned about this result.

We haven't really, once we left the confines of the early season league games in Corrigan last year the performances and results got progressively worse, that's why we are in the Christy Ring this year & not Leinster.

Hope it's not the same this year

Tony Baloney

The flip side of that argument is that people see a win, draw or close defeat to one of the top tier teams and lose the run of themselves. I think today is the same as it has been for the last 20 years i.e. we are neither as good nor as bad as we think we are on any given day.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 20, 2022, 04:44:16 PM

We haven't really, once we left the confines of the early season league games in Corrigan last year the performances and results got progressively worse, that's why we are in the Christy Ring this year & not Leinster.

Hope it's not the same this year

I seen us playing well in league games and then against Limerick (before they became this monster) hammer us in Loughgiel.

Our level is just about above Kerry, Westmeath, Carlow and now Down after the season they've had.

We can't seem to get above that on a regular bases
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

When we take the big beatings it tends to be the Munster teams. For me the big game was laois and it is way more disappointing than today. Our big test is the relegation playoff.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 20, 2022, 05:41:48 PM
When we take the big beatings it tends to be the Munster teams. For me the big game was laois and it is way more disappointing than today. Our big test is the relegation playoff.

This 100%

marty34

I think Joe Mc Donagh and Christy Ring should be merged together.

Nicky R and Lorry M. likewise.

bannside

Reality check today unfortunately. We are ten or twelve in the country ratings, have been for a long time. It's going to take some effort even to get into top eight. That's the reality, unfortunately.

NAG1

This result has been coming unfortunately and shows as soon as we weaken the team even slightly we are way off.

The thing I dont get with this is we know the game was a dead rubber, but in a couple of weeks time we will be running up and down the road trying to get friendlies and practice games in. What better game could you get than Tipp at home, use it a challenge game, building to Offaly and into the championship.

marty34

Quote from: NAG1 on March 21, 2022, 01:39:48 PM
This result has been coming unfortunately and shows as soon as we weaken the team even slightly we are way off.

The thing I dont get with this is we know the game was a dead rubber, but in a couple of weeks time we will be running up and down the road trying to get friendlies and practice games in. What better game could you get than Tipp at home, use it a challenge game, building to Offaly and into the championship.

Unless Antrim tried to get points on the board early V Waterford and Dublin etc. especially at home and avoid the play-off. Maybe idea was to sneak a victory at home early on and set themselves up that way.

When that didn't happen, obviously, they then had to play some of the panel to give them game time and see what they're like. Ideal for a manager to say to fringe players - here's your chance V Tipp in Thurles. Show us what you can do. Prove it. If not cutting it, then they've no excuse if they don't start over the next few games.

BrendanAntrim

Relegation play off set for Navan, Saturday 3pm.

Saffrongael

I honestly think we will beat Offaly by 5+
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

I really hope both of you are right. If we win I don't think it's by much though.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 21, 2022, 10:00:08 PM
I really hope both of you are right. If we win I don't think it's by much though.

Both teams confidence completely shot after last weekends results. So it will come down to whichever team can grind it out on the day. Don't think it will be pretty and I think there are a few issues on the team even from the decent performances earlier in the league.

imtommygunn

Agreed. I am not confident about this one if I'm honest and I really hope I am wrong.