Hurling Semi Finals

Started by manfromdelmonte, August 04, 2016, 12:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Déise are much improved on the sacred munster final.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

del_carroll

Why not a double header in croker next Sunday. Seems a bit of a wasted opportunity?

laoislad

Quote from: del_carroll on August 07, 2016, 10:32:53 PM
Why not a double header in croker next Sunday. Seems a bit of a wasted opportunity?
Not really. Thurles will be hopping. Great venue for it imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

qwerty123

Where can a neutral get tickets for Saturday's replay does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

AZOffaly

By the way I can't remember who I was talking to about this, but yesterday was another example of Hawkeye buzzing down to overrule an incorrect umpires decision so I think that puts that topic to bed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2016, 09:01:22 PM
By the way I can't remember who I was talking to about this, but yesterday was another example of Hawkeye buzzing down to overrule an incorrect umpires decision so I think that puts that topic to bed.

Antrim v Meath final... When it happen I thought the same
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2016, 09:22:58 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2016, 09:01:22 PM

Antrim v Meath final... When it happen I thought the same

Yeah Hawkeye is in use for every score, regardless of ref asking for it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

I know that. That was my point back then and there was some doubt or disagreement.

manfromdelmonte

Two semi finals this coming weekend!

Have to go for Kilkenny again. Very rarely do they let a team dominate a replay.

Galway v Tipp is hard to call. Galway played well the last day and Tipp beat a non functioning Waterford team. I'm going to go for Galway

No wides

Looking forward to Thurles, saw the drawn league final there hopefully Waterford haven't wasted their chance, the two camogie matches should be good too, can't wait.

thejuice

Hope to God that Waterford finish the job this time, although I have my doubts. So many times teams have had the Cats on the ropes and they don't finish them off. You get weary of seeing teams lose their nerve so close to the finish line.

Waterford vs Galway final would be a nice change.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thejuice on August 09, 2016, 11:17:49 PM
Hope to God that Waterford finish the job this time, although I have my doubts. So many times teams have had the Cats on the ropes and they don't finish them off. You get weary of seeing teams lose their nerve so close to the finish line.

Waterford vs Galway final would be a nice change.

Its all about who recovers the quickest, the younger Waterford lads or the older Kilkenny lads!! And which manager is going to learn the most from the last game... Will TJ and Hogan have as bad a games again?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

waterfordlad

Quote from: qwerty123 on August 08, 2016, 01:58:17 PM
Where can a neutral get tickets for Saturday's replay does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

You can get them from tickets.ie or Supervalu or Centra supermarkets.
Great game last Sunday and looked like we were finally going to beat Kilkenny. Some wides in last 10 minutes cost us as even 1 more point would probably have been enough and a well worked Walter Walsh goal saved the Cats. Great point from Fogarty in fairness to level it too. Waterford fans disappointed  at end but hopefully we haven't  missed our chance and last Sunday gives them the confidence to know they can do it.

seafoid

I hope that Waterford can finish the job. they put in a great shift the last day. A goal or two today might do it.

TTpp must be favourites after the Munster final but Galway are improving
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mouview

Maybe it's aspirational, but I do think that a lot of teams approach playing KK with fear and a lack of belief, much to their detriment. Deise had a right go last Sunday and it oh-so nearly got them across the line. No reason again why they can't do the same. Much has rightfully been made about KK's record in replays, but 6 days isn't a lot of time to put right the problems from the drawn game, i.e. Mick Fennelly's legs, the lack of outright hurling ability in Cl Fennelly, J Power, W Walsh among others, the lack of depth on the bench. KK as I've often said are greater than the sum of their parts, but renewed conviction and a goal or two might just do it for the Blaas.

Tipp look to be the form team at present and they have a good FB line and a much-improved midfield. Forwards are free-scoring if given space but the HF line mightn't be as good as perceived where the presence of Bonnar Maher is always reassuring for opponents. Galway's HF line isn't the strongest either - failures and inconsistency here cost them mostly in the Leinster final. Mgmt. have rectified some of the problems from then by bringing Coen to midfield and dropping Niall Burke. However questions remain about the form and - again - consistency of a lot of Galway's forwards, Whelan, C Mannion, Flynn, C Cooney; will there ever be a full 70 minutes in Joseph Cooney and will rookies Tuohy and McInerney be found wanting as they step up again? Galway's bench could be worse where the right noises are being made about Tan's return from injury.

Think one of the outsiders will win this weekend but unfortunately it's more likely to be Waterford :-(