De Qualifiers

Started by johnneycool, June 20, 2016, 12:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 26, 2016, 10:54:29 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 25, 2016, 02:14:25 PM
Damien Young is excellent
I read the main findings of Damien Young's research to our adult club hurlers and officials last year and some people laughed at me!
and to think that you'd actually have the smarts to train the way the game has gone!

One of them made the comment the other evening at training that hurling has changed so much in just 10 years...
Then why do so many teams train the same way they did ten years ago!! Including our club, btw

Its very much a case of monkey see, monkey do IMO.

Being modern or different can open coaches up for ridicule especially in a club environment where its hard to be a prophet in your own land.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on July 27, 2016, 11:59:35 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 26, 2016, 10:54:29 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 25, 2016, 02:14:25 PM
Damien Young is excellent
I read the main findings of Damien Young's research to our adult club hurlers and officials last year and some people laughed at me!
and to think that you'd actually have the smarts to train the way the game has gone!

One of them made the comment the other evening at training that hurling has changed so much in just 10 years...
Then why do so many teams train the same way they did ten years ago!! Including our club, btw

Its very much a case of monkey see, monkey do IMO.

Being modern or different can open coaches up for ridicule especially in a club environment where its hard to be a prophet in your own land.

Amen.