Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 18, 2018, 10:48:42 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2018, 10:44:24 AM
Well, thats that, Utd are in a difficult position now... Players won't just become better playes overnight when a manager is sacked, so its left Utd in a position of dropping more league points and drifting into mid table dross!

Coming second to City last season and some many points above the 4th place team to mid table, shows you how far a team can drop when players and management don't get on.

Are you not contradicting yourself?

No, what I'm saying is that the dressing room is lost, the players refuse to play football for the manager which to me disrespects the club and the fans that pay their wages.. I've little respect for any player that throws their toys out of the pram.. Jose was probably the wrong fit for the job, I wanted him when Fergie stepped down at the start to steady the ship, I believe he would have been good and attracted better players than Moyes TBH ..

The players can't just turn on form either, if they havent been playing and they wont always connect with a new manager until he sets out his style, so expect more lost points in games that were normally a given
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mouview

Quote from: screenexile on December 18, 2018, 10:46:09 AM
Pogba didn't take long removing his post there . . . safe to say he's happy enough!

What did it say? Wasn't quick enough to see it.

magpie seanie

Quote from: yellowcard on December 18, 2018, 11:13:50 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 18, 2018, 11:08:46 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 18, 2018, 11:06:08 AM
Someone like Laurent Blanc until the end of the season to steady the ship might work given that Zidane looks unlikely now at this stage. There is still a CL and FA cup to play for, top 4 is now very unlikely and whoever takes the job will not be under any major pressure as long as they play attacking football and give the fans a bit of excitement. Then go for Pocchetino in the summer

From what I can recall Blanc's teams aren't great to watch. As for Zidane don't want him anywhere near the club.

Why so?

I'm intrigued too....from someone who advocated for and tolerated that sc**bag Mourinho I'd love to know what's so offputting about Zidane.

GJL

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2018, 11:12:40 AM

With that defence they can't just play better football, as they will be carved opened as Pogba is a lazy shite that will try his flicks and tricks, when it works its brilliant, when its doesnt come off he'll not track back and Utd don't have the cover to allow that to happen..

Let's not forget that United only became a shambles in defence this season and that is one of the main reasons why Jose is now sacked. Non stop playing Matic,Fellaini,Lukaku who weren't offering anything was a far bigger problem than Pogba.

Quote from: Boycey on December 18, 2018, 11:11:18 AM
Pogbas tweet was crass...

"Bit more on caretaker manager at United. Will be someone 'steeped in the traditions of the club'. Not Carrick, Butt, Neville G or P. Currently tying up loose ends with other interests which are not expected to present any issues. Announcement expected before weekend. #mufc"

Mike Keegan, be well enough connected

Sounds like Blanc will be that caretaker manager until the end of the season.

screenexile

Quote from: mouview on December 18, 2018, 11:21:35 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 18, 2018, 10:46:09 AM
Pogba didn't take long removing his post there . . . safe to say he's happy enough!

What did it say? Wasn't quick enough to see it.

magpie seanie

Lost today is the super result last night by the youths in the FA Youth Cup against Chelsea.

Armamike

Pogba - what an asshole.
That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

So United are appointing an interim caretaker manager before they appoint the proper caretaker manager before the appoint the new manager at the end of the year......

Taylor

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 18, 2018, 11:45:42 AM
So United are appointing an interim caretaker manager before they appoint the proper caretaker manager before the appoint the new manager at the end of the year......

Brilliant.
So in effect they will have 4 'managers' in 12 months  :o

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Taylor on December 18, 2018, 11:49:44 AM

Brilliant.

Minimum 4 managers

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 18, 2018, 11:17:57 AM
It's the Christmas present José wanted.

A big f**k-off payout.

That's all he was interested in.

Its also why he wanted the Manchester United job for a long time, where else can you get so well paid while get such a big pay out if sacked? The club five years on are still paying the cost of not bringing in a like for like replacement for Ferguson straight away. The appointment of Moyes shook the foundations and it will take them another few years to fully recover from that.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 18, 2018, 11:55:16 AM

Brilliant.

Minimum 4 managers

I don't think Carrick taking charge of training for few days can be classed as managing and if the caretaker manager does well i can imagine he will be given the job full time.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 18, 2018, 11:59:16 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 18, 2018, 11:55:16 AM

Brilliant.

Minimum 4 managers

I don't think Carrick taking charge of training for few days can be classed as managing and if the caretaker manager does well i can imagine he will be given the job full time.

Possibly but I get the impression from reading things about the interim manager that he will be an interim manager till the end of the season 'someone steeped in the United way'.  Giggsy it is!

Boycey

Being listed on the stock exchange probably means they have to release bollix statements like that.