Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2020, 10:05:27 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2020, 10:03:12 AM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 18, 2020, 08:15:11 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2020, 12:26:45 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 17, 2020, 05:47:46 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 17, 2020, 03:14:34 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on July 17, 2020, 08:13:58 AM
Go Games are non-competitive.

Yes, have been at a plethora of Go Games the last couple of years. Good players are never subbed off. Weak players are hidden in the corners of the pitch and subbed off in rotation. If a weak player get the ball he is encouraged to pass. The stronger player is told to run with the ball and never encouraged to pass to a weaker player . Winning is all that matters to the Coaches. Coach ego is far more important than weak player or team development.  :-\

Some wankers coaching them u8 and u10 teams. Arseholes who think they're Jim Gavin.

Assholes with short term goals.

The only thing worse is bleeding heart parents taking their kids to a plethora of matches, complaining at every farts turn about the coaches and never getting involved to help.

+1

Yeah, our course! Was helping at a registration day and we the coaches were talking about the year ahead. One of the Managers was talking about the under 10 team. He stated that for him the goal was to have all the best players playing together all the time and had no time for weaker players. I told him if that's the way you think, go over to the parents of these children at the registration and tell them not to be wasting their money and that their children are of no use.
Is that a summary of what you think he thought about how to coach or did he actually say that?
Hard to believe anyone would be so stupid as to publicly say such a thing.

Rossfan

Irish soccerball fans "are the best in the World"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Silver hill on July 18, 2020, 09:23:37 PM

Yes, have been at a plethora of Go Games the last couple of years. Good players are never subbed off. Weak players are hidden in the corners of the pitch and subbed off in rotation. If a weak player get the ball he is encouraged to pass. The stronger player is told to run with the ball and never encouraged to pass to a weaker player . Winning is all that matters to the Coaches. Coach ego is far more important than weak player or team development.  :-\

Some wankers coaching them u8 and u10 teams. Arseholes who think they're Jim Gavin.

The only thing worse is bleeding heart parents taking their kids to a plethora of matches, complaining at every farts turn about the coaches and never getting involved to help.

+1

Yeah, our course! Was helping at a registration day and we the coaches were talking about the year ahead. One of the Managers was talking about the under 10 team. He stated that for him the goal was to have all the best players playing together all the time and had no time for weaker players. I told him if that's the way you think, go over to the parents of these children at the registration and tell them not to be wasting their money and that their children are of no use.
Is that a summary of what you think he thought about how to coach or did he actually say that?

He said it. There are many out there who don't say it, but do it!  :-\

trailer

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 19, 2020, 02:26:21 AM
Quote from: Silver hill on July 18, 2020, 09:23:37 PM

+1

He said it. There are many out there who don't say it, but do it!  :-\

If someone actually says that the club should step in really. That guy is a full time w**ker who was probably bullied a lot and has no friends.

RedHand88

Quote from: charlieTully on July 18, 2020, 08:41:29 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 18, 2020, 04:07:32 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 18, 2020, 02:34:58 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on July 18, 2020, 01:44:48 PM
Quote from: naka on July 18, 2020, 11:09:01 AM
Tbf every club is the same, so short sighted.
My young fellow quit at 15 fed up  wasting his time and he wasn't a bad footballer.
Reality is same 16/17 played week in week out for 6 years
Club came to him last week as they are now struggling for numbers in his age group
I let him decide.
He told them where to go.
That's bitter sweet.  An awful lot could be learned from that tale.

It could, but is there a range of people stepping forward to manage the Go games?

Loads would do it. I have done it. But some of the shit that goes on would make you throw up.

I got a shit load of abuse refereeing a game at our under 8 blitz last year. Apparently I didn't blow up a player for taking 2 touches in a move that led to a score. I made the losing team go home very unhappy according to the coach. I apologised saying its just a bit of fun sure,  a run out for them. Not according to coach. His team had a good chance of winning the shield says he. Anyway.

At under EIGHTS?! Are you serious? Must make the other half promise to not let me turn into one of these people when we've kids that age.

Jim Bob

Paddy Russell disallowed Tyrone's equalising point at the end of the 95 AIF because he thought it already was a draw at that stage.

trailer

Armagh in 2002 were a team of gaelic footballers.

Silver hill

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 18, 2020, 09:16:56 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 18, 2020, 08:44:27 PM
Raymond Cunninghams point in 97 was wide.

Fight me

At least 2 feet wide.
But hey, Cavan hadn't won an Ulster in years and they needed it more.  ::)

Silver hill

Quote from: trailer on July 19, 2020, 10:00:35 AM
Mcgrane, Mcconville, Clarke, mcentees, O'rourke, McDonnell, marsden....decent bun any standards I would have thought

Itchy

Colm O Rourke is the voice of the masses and consistently represents them when others wont.

seafoid

Ireland are capable of getting to a RWC semi final
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: trailer on July 19, 2020, 10:00:35 AM

You don't win All Ireland's kicking dumbbells over the bar.

Bord na Mona man

Roy Keane ended Alf Inge Haaland's career
He called Mick McCarthy an English c**t
Mick McCarthy pulled his hamstring having a race against a journalist
Clare offered Offaly a replay in 1998
Teddy McCarthy eating chips and giving Clare fans the fingers

Jim Bob

Francie Bellew never kicked the ball only hand passed