Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 18, 2020, 01:21:13 PM
Are there any IPTV providers who show any of the GAA matches that are currently being streamed?
PM please

You'd be out a fortune as some single games are as much as £10.
GAAGo games yes, TG4 yes,  but no iptv streaming of local club games.
Pay the piper and watch the stream, at least the cash goes to the GAA (I think).
Going against my grain of a lifetime, I'll punt a tenner to watch the Monaghan senior final this Sunday.

Main Street

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2020, 09:28:53 AM
I get them from a load of different counties.
Via an iptv provider?

Main Street

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2020, 02:41:51 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 19, 2020, 11:24:52 AM
Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2020, 09:28:53 AM
I get them from a load of different counties.
Via an iptv provider?
Yeah. Not only are they there to watch live, they're stored on it for about a month as well. Nothing like watching a Leitrim championship game 10 days after the event.
I checked again with mine and I have only got GAAGO x3  plus TG4, which satisfies me as regards club games outside my own county. Still, there is that lingering thought about something I'm missing out on.

Dougal Maguire

Has anyone noticed a reduction in quality over the weekend
Careful now

Boycey

Didn't have a problem on mine but read a lot of chatter about ISP blocks in the UK. I saw someone suggest they were throwing random blocks on servers with high traffic levels

Jim Bob

Quote from: Boycey on September 21, 2020, 07:24:45 PM
Didn't have a problem on mine but read a lot of chatter about ISP blocks in the UK. I saw someone suggest they were throwing random blocks on servers with high traffic levels

True...mine blocked when football was on and my supplier advising that a VPN be installed to get round it.

Dar31

I always run a vpn just to be safe even though my service says no blocks

Jim Bob

Quote from: Dar31 on September 21, 2020, 10:17:59 PM

Which vpn have you ? Does it affect speed much ?

Dar31

Quote from: Jim Bob on September 21, 2020, 11:20:03 PM
Quote from: Dar31 on September 21, 2020, 10:17:59 PM

Which vpn have you ? Does it affect speed much ?

Im using nordvpn get 75 mbps without 60 with but im using ethernet connection with that take a trailwith a few such as ipvanish nord and express and see which is the best for you before you buy one is my advice im sure be a few on here who know a bit more about them then me who will help you out too

Taylor

Using a vpn now as well - while the channels are not blocked now there is a lot of buffering which is a pain in the arse and makes it virtually unwatchable.

Itchy

The problem is too many of the suppliers are routing their volume through a limited amount of IP addresses going into data centres where their servers are rented. The traffic is being monitored at the data centres and being blocked when they see spikes, such as during soccer matches. The solution is with suppliers to spread their traffic out and have back up servers elsewhere. Some will do that and some will push it onto customers to get a VPN but I think a VPN wont work 100% of the time due to the nature of how this is being done.

Norf Tyrone

I actually bought a box on Friday.
System down since Saturday.  :'(
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dar31

Is there a way for the supplier at their end to put a vpn on so they dont know what server its coming from and are the blocks just a uk /irish issue or is it europe wide

Dar31

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 22, 2020, 12:19:57 PM
I actually bought a box on Friday.
System down since Saturday.  :'(

Did you try a vpn or is it on your providers end

Taylor

Quote from: Dar31 on September 22, 2020, 02:10:38 PM
Is there a way for the supplier at their end to put a vpn on so they dont know what server its coming from and are the blocks just a uk /irish issue or is it europe wide

Good question.
The VPN my end definitely isnt helping