All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smort

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 23, 2023, 03:50:06 PM
Can't see a replay happening now. What if Crokes are beat, they've the very reasonable argument that their lads have been on the piss for days

Not really, they aren't on the piss 24hrs yet. If they stopped now, they would be fine for the weekend

snoopdog

Can't see a replay happening now. What if Crokes are beat, they've the very reasonable argument that their lads have been on the piss for days
Id say the Glen players were drowning their sorrows just as much.

whitey

Well given the Charlie Redmond incident many years ago, something needs to be done

It's crazy 20 years later that we're dealing with this again

pbat

And another sickening thing is that if it was Glen had won with 16 men the replay would have been announced on the 9 0 Clock news last night.

yellowcard

Somewhere around a table or in a bar in Maghera there are frantic debates and disagreements going on as to whether they should appeal or not. Given the difficulty involved in getting there, they might well never be back in another All Ireland final and they have less than 2 days to make a decision. I wouldn't like to be on the committee making that call because you will never get a unanimous decision when so much is at stake. I expect that they might cut some sort of a side deal with the GAA similar to the vouchers for the Down hurlers. Maybe a player holiday or something but I'd imagine there is some form of horse trading going on.   

Armagh18

Quote from: snoopdog on January 23, 2023, 03:55:49 PM
Id say the Glen players were drowning their sorrows just as much.
True. I reckon let them all drink all week and play the final drunk on Saturday.

Armagh18

Quote from: whitey on January 23, 2023, 04:08:35 PM
Well given the Charlie Redmond incident many years ago, something needs to be done

Was that not 95! Hate to say it but that was closer to 30!

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: yellowcard on January 23, 2023, 04:25:45 PM
Somewhere around a table or in a bar in Maghera there are frantic debates and disagreements going on as to whether they should appeal or not. Given the difficulty involved in getting there, they might well never be back in another All Ireland final and they have less than 2 days to make a decision. I wouldn't like to be on the committee making that call because you will never get a unanimous decision when so much is at stake. I expect that they might cut some sort of a side deal with the GAA similar to the vouchers for the Down hurlers. Maybe a player holiday or something but I'd imagine there is some form of horse trading going on.   

It shouldn't be on Glen to have to decide what to do. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It is a mess of the GAA's own making and they should be making this decision whatever it is and as quickly as possible. We all know nothing, in reality, is going to change. The longer this goes on the more of a farce it becomes. 

seafoid

Bronagh will probably make the call.

trailer

Tyrone should've got a replay. Totally f**king robbed that day.

From the Bunker

They could ask to be the 33rd team in the next World Cup.

yellowcard

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on January 23, 2023, 04:31:49 PM

It shouldn't be on Glen to have to decide what to do. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It is a mess of the GAA's own making and they should be making this decision whatever it is and as quickly as possible. We all know nothing, in reality, is going to change. The longer this goes on the more of a farce it becomes.

That's the problem, the GAA have passed responsibility for a rules/admin error directly onto Glen which leaves them in a very awkward position.

yellowcard

Quote from: trailer on January 23, 2023, 04:32:58 PM

Then Armagh should get a replay for 2003 when Marsden was incorrectly sent off only to be later exonerated. That incident was actually 20 years ago.

trailer

Quote from: yellowcard on January 23, 2023, 04:40:45 PM

Then Armagh should get a replay for 2003 when Marsden was incorrectly sent off only to be later exonerated. That incident was actually 20 years ago.

Go on, why did Marsden get his ban overturned..... go on.. this will be good...

clarshack

Quote from: trailer on January 23, 2023, 04:45:15 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 23, 2023, 04:40:45 PM

Go on, why did Marsden get his ban overturned..... go on.. this will be good...

I thought his red card was only overturned on a 2nd appeal and due to a technicality at that?