All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 05:25:56 PM
No point complaining about it. The game gone. Just edged out on the day, a bad 20mins in the first half did the damage.

Eh? I'm all on for taking a beating and moving on, but you can't have extra men on the pitch, especially with the game in the melting pot. Of course you can complain about it

mrdeeds

Yeah I'd be 100 percent sending in an appeal. Can't make such an error on sideline.

rodney trotter

Quote from: seafoid on January 22, 2023, 05:28:20 PM
It's frowned upon in Crossmaglen and Corofin but a lot of teams win an All Ireland after losing one. In fact, Kilmacud did just that.
They were so bronach last year. Wattys will be back.

Going into the transfermarket was a help too . Shane Walsh MOTM in most games leading up to the final.

Wildweasel74

marty34

I thought they were making too many subs at the death.

My point was over the alloted time during this 3 mins.

straightred

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 05:34:16 PM
They do have 16 on there, just counted
Its actually 17. Mannion was on his way off but standing a couple of yards inside the sideline. Their 14 was due to go off but he's on the goal line.

It shouldn't be up to the clubs to appeal or not. The GAA need to call it. It looks petty if Glen appeal but Crokes f**ked up and gained an advantage

Wildweasel74

How do you do a attachment on this? Wouldn't let me.

Wildweasel74

That's the Ref to sort out, who's on and off, didn't really play much time for late subs,

mrdeeds

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 05:42:22 PM
That's the Ref to sort out, who's on and off, didn't really play much time for late subs,

Sideline official

Estimator

At the McKenna Cup game last night, McGuigan was substituted off towards the end of the game. Was a Tyrone kickout, Morgan launched it down the terrace side. McGuigan hadn't departed the pitch yet on the stand side, not involved at all in the play that was progressing and in another 5 seconds and he would've been off the playing surface. Ref was notified, and the play brought back for the kickout to be retaken. So even where Mannion was standing should've been enough for the '45 to be retaken.

Cahair O'Kane has already tweeted that Glen won't be appealing.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Milltown Row2

It's a simple process but fucked up there

The player has to leave the pitch before the sub goes on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ghost

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 05:42:22 PM

Said the same myself. Not the first time it's happened in a match and won't be the last. Whether kilmacud were trying to pull a fly one or not i don't know but surely there's enough officals there to ensure the players come off. Don't see grounds for an appeal myself. Malachy orourke quoted as saying to cahair o kane that he can't see the club taking that option anyway.

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2023, 05:49:02 PM
It's a simple process but fucked up there

The player has to leave the pitch before the sub goes on

Sideline official messed up?