Hurling Championship 2019

Started by seafoid, May 08, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dublin7 on July 27, 2019, 07:41:15 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 27, 2019, 07:37:33 PM
f**k it. They are going to be insufferable for the next 3 weeks.
Some game though.
Ref rode Kilkenny today. Not a fan of them but they deserved that win today. As you say they amount of crap you will hear in the next few weeks will be unbearable. Hopefully Wexford win tomorrow and the media can focus on them

The ref made no difference to the score, count back the free count, pretty even I'd imagine and nothing of note, the penalty was harsh but still a penalty and the ref was 6/7 yards away
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on July 27, 2019, 07:47:43 PM
Dowling can't play 70 mins and hasn't been able to for years. Look at the size of him ffs.

He's in a lot better shape than before.

Buckley should have been sent off for his elbow in the neck, not sure he touched the ball on sideline.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Buckley definitely touched that based on the replay but would love to see whether it should have been a Limerick ball in the guest place. Murphy was trying to clear it and the Limerick lads ran into him, not sure how it could have just been thrown out of play by Murphy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on July 27, 2019, 07:54:12 PM
Buckley definitely touched that based on the replay but would love to see whether it should have been a Limerick ball in the guest place. Murphy was trying to clear it and the Limerick lads ran into him, not sure how it could have just been thrown out of play by Murphy.

Watch it again? He threw the ball up to hit it and it went over the line

gallsman

Have you seen replay? I only saw it live. If so fair enough but would like to see a replay.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on July 27, 2019, 08:00:58 PM
Have you seen replay? I only saw it live. If so fair enough but would like to see a replay.

Watched it back, he threw it up on the line, didn't see touch, still struggling to see touch from Buckley, on fairness he should not have been on the pitch

Sportacus

Donal Og discounting the long lay off, but it was clear that it took Limerick a while to get up to full tilt.  The quarter final stood to Kilkenny.  Amazing game overall.

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2019, 08:03:03 PM

Watched it back, he threw it up on the line, didn't see touch, still struggling to see touch from Buckley, on fairness he should not have been on the pitch

He shouldn't have been, but he was. Couple of Limerick lads could have walked for wrapping hurls around necks as well.

square_ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2019, 07:39:38 PM
Why the f**k is Dowling not on earlier or even starting?

Fair f**ks to Kilkenny who did not give up, the work rate was ferocious

Think he's better as a sub but yeah probably should have been on earlier. First time I've ever seen a goal scored like that from that distance. One of the best finishes you'll ever see.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on July 27, 2019, 08:09:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2019, 08:03:03 PM

He shouldn't have been, but he was. Couple of Limerick lads could have walked for wrapping hurls around necks as well.

Wrapping sticks around necks was happening by both teams and blown by ref.

Best team won regardless and looking forward till tomorrow and hopefully get ticket for final

imtommygunn

I thought Buckley was lucky enough not to go with that elbow too.

gallsman

Ah I don't think anyone could argue he was anything other than lucky. He wasn't great when he came on either.

The KK bench in general got to be a worry as they were very ineffective coming on, although Maher got the all important point with some lovely wrist-work. Thought Blanchfield should have been on ahead of Sheehan given the physical nature of the game.

Reid definitely MOTM (at this stage is his peak level higher than Shefflin's?) but thought Padraig Walsh ran him really close. He was immense.

Baile an tuaigh

I would give man of the match to TJ. That goal by Shane Dowling was special. Kk led the whole game from start to finish so deserved their victory. The work rate by both teams was phenomenal but Kk worked that wee bit more and that was the difference.

Milltown Row2

Kk fullback Lawler was that immense and they have unearthed a cracker

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2019, 08:53:29 PM
Kk fullback Lawler was that immense and they have unearthed a cracker

Yeah he's their find of the year by a distance but didn't think today, in the first half at least, wasn't his best day. He'll have full back locked up for years to come.